??⬜?Official Gameday Thread Browns at Patriots ?⬜??
-
1) this was not the game to lose our top 2 RB's.. see drive 1..nor Felton
2) while, I'm not saying our defense would have changed a thing.. Mac Jones was as solid of a QB play, I've seen all weekend..
3) tPatriots are no joke in their Bill designed pass coverage...rank top 4.. that's the phase of game that they want teams to have to attack...
we got shown door #3 ... slamming down on a shutout the rest of the way
-
-
Got the bird already. I keep hearing there might be a shortage. So i got it early ?
spend a 150 at safeway and get a free turkey last year it was only a 100 anyway got ares today
-
-
Lions and Steelers going to OT.
I'm sure the Steelers will win, because fuck us, I suppose.
Lions and Steelers going to OT.
I'm sure the Steelers will win, because fuck us, I suppose.
Some Team has to win this division ... Can't tell whom at this point.. Heck, just beat the Lions next week
-
Baker has to have EVERYTHING go his way to succeed.
If his first read isn’t there, he’s in trouble.
He seems to panic when he has to start looking aroundBaker has to have EVERYTHING go his way to succeed.
If his first read isn’t there, he’s in trouble.
He seems to panic when he has to start looking aroundI won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the NFL salary cap.
@unsympathetic might be someone who could speak on this with more authority.
But a year ago, I would have doubted a team run by analytics-driven individuals like the Browns are would pony up big money on a RB (Chubb) and OGuards (Teller and Bitonio). Those positions generally aren't what guys like Berry, Depodesta, et al like to commit big money to, but they did.
It makes me wonder if the reason they did this was because they know they are not going to offer Baker a huge contract. Oh, they'll probably try to extend him, but he isn't getting one of those huge QB contracts from the Browns. (I'm just speculating on this, as a result of Chubb, Teller and Bitonio getting extensions)
-
-
-
Baker has to have EVERYTHING go his way to succeed.
If his first read isn’t there, he’s in trouble.
He seems to panic when he has to start looking aroundI won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the NFL salary cap.
@unsympathetic might be someone who could speak on this with more authority.
But a year ago, I would have doubted a team run by analytics-driven individuals like the Browns are would pony up big money on a RB (Chubb) and OGuards (Teller and Bitonio). Those positions generally aren't what guys like Berry, Depodesta, et al like to commit big money to, but they did.
It makes me wonder if the reason they did this was because they know they are not going to offer Baker a huge contract. Oh, they'll probably try to extend him, but he isn't getting one of those huge QB contracts from the Browns. (I'm just speculating on this, as a result of Chubb, Teller and Bitonio getting extensions)
I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the NFL salary cap.
@unsympathetic might be someone who could speak on this with more authority.
But a year ago, I would have doubted a team run by analytics-driven individuals like the Browns are would pony up big money on a RB (Chubb) and OGuards (Teller and Bitonio). Those positions generally aren't what guys like Berry, Depodesta, et al like to commit big money to, but they did.
It makes me wonder if the reason they did this was because they know they are not going to offer Baker a huge contract. Oh, they'll probably try to extend him, but he isn't getting one of those huge QB contracts from the Browns. (I'm just speculating on this, as a result of Chubb, Teller and Bitonio getting extensions)
I would think and hope Baker is civil enough to take a team friendly deal... Between that and his endorsements.. He'll make out okay...
-
OK. I'll read the thread later. MHO? Defense... suck, suck, suck. Matt Jones phenomenal accuracy... at 5-5, get your surgery Baker. Seven in a row isn't happening.
-
-
OK here’s the game in a nutshell gang… Tell me if you’ve heard this one before
Front to back
Inside out
and at that intersection is what position? Yes that would be defensive tackle. Bill Abused ours today.
Are interior defense of line needs a little attention this off-season. -
Not going to lie, Sundays are so much better when I can't actually watch the Browns. Just seeing the final score and getting the bad, or sometimes good news in one brutal instant followed by reading through the misery in the official game day thread is so much easier than living and dying with each and every snap.
Quick pole question:
Who did it worse in regards to pre-season hype followed by reality...... Us or The Eagles Dream Team?
Good question and I’d say us.
Top to bottom we had what many talking heads called the best roster in the NFL. Looking back at last season we caught some breaks (even though COVID hit us harder than most teams) this year it has swung the other way.Good question and I’d say us.
Top to bottom we had what many talking heads called the best roster in the NFL. Looking back at last season we caught some breaks (even though COVID hit us harder than most teams) this year it has swung the other way.The Browns caught some breaks last year? News to me, and sorry I'm not trying to be an A hole.
They played pretty brilliantly offensively, and the D was banged up bad in the secondary IMHO. Yeah, they got blown out by the Ratbirds & Steelers, but Stefanski seemed to do a great job despite all the obstacles Covid created in the NFL.
Today was obviously horrendus. Not sure what that was about, kind of like last week, I never saw a beatdown of Cincy coming.
Stefanski & his staff need to hash it out. This team is schizoid.
-
Baker and Landry both need surgery now. Season’s over for them.
Honestly, I think it’s just time to ease into this skid. You consider these positions have all had serious injury or guys have missed 2+ games:
WR, QB, RT, LT, MLB, OLB, RB, and the secondary overall? On paper being 5-5 is actually not bad. Just really sucks how damn hard the injury bug has hit this damn team.
-
Baker and Landry both need surgery now. Season’s over for them.
Honestly, I think it’s just time to ease into this skid. You consider these positions have all had serious injury or guys have missed 2+ games:
WR, QB, RT, LT, MLB, OLB, RB, and the secondary overall? On paper being 5-5 is actually not bad. Just really sucks how damn hard the injury bug has hit this damn team.
Honestly, I think it’s just time to ease into this skid. You consider these positions have all had serious injury or guys have missed 2+ games:
WR, QB, RT, LT, MLB, OLB, RB, and the secondary overall? On paper being 5-5 is actually not bad. Just really sucks how damn hard the injury bug has hit this damn team.
It always seems to happen just as we're getting our feet under us... I would be looking at a new strength and conditioning program for nex season... The guy who is doing the job now just isnt cutting it...
-
Landry is definitely not feeling it. I don't think I've seen him catch a ball and not go for a give up slide in a while.
That leaves the offense with two 6th round picks and Scwartz, who I'm not believing for a second is as smart as the coach staff thinks he is.
Natson proved a few times why he is a practice squad guy.
WR is a real bad spot right now, and not having your two big guys at RB really hurts
-
Honestly, I think it’s just time to ease into this skid. You consider these positions have all had serious injury or guys have missed 2+ games:
WR, QB, RT, LT, MLB, OLB, RB, and the secondary overall? On paper being 5-5 is actually not bad. Just really sucks how damn hard the injury bug has hit this damn team.
It always seems to happen just as we're getting our feet under us... I would be looking at a new strength and conditioning program for nex season... The guy who is doing the job now just isnt cutting it...
-
Well, that was a disaster. The Browns roared right down the field and scored.
Then, Wood's defense was completely out-coached. and to me, my dumb opinion,,,, he did not make ANY adjustments at halftime.
The Browns wr's are going to have to be upgraded. We don't even have a #1. Landry has admirably played hurt, Schwartz isn't quite ready for prime time, Peoples-Jones will be a star next year, and..........tight ends? Njoku whiffs blocks and drops passes. I'm done. Need a new DC I think. I hope the Browns can trade Njoku. He will never get it consistently. And "Where in the World is Rashard Higgins??? No targets at all? I think this weeks defensive game plan made a fool out of the coaches.
I missed by Togiai was in there ....
NOBODY getting open. This defense works for some teams, and is a disaster vs others. It needs a Jordan Davis.
Wr or two in the draft. or something. This team can't overcome injuries, AND covid, AND bad defensive coaching, AND a lacking talent in the WR room consistently.
But, I'm just totally disgusted. I lost a whole dollar on the game.....
-
That was disgusting and I can't believe our team played so poorly. I don't know where they go from here and it might be time to put money on Detroit.
-
That was disgusting and I can't believe our team played so poorly. I don't know where they go from here and it might be time to put money on Detroit.
That was disgusting and I can't believe our team played so poorly. I don't know where they go from here and it might be time to put money on Detroit.
Browns have the second hardest schedule in the NFL. We played a great franchise and got beat. Move on......
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
