Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Vapor

Vapor

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
3 Posts 2 Posters 184 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Because you have some familiarity with medical establishments and mandates give me your thoughts and or Insight on this. Should a pregnant woman be forced to get the vaccine or lose her job? Are there real world accommodations made for this? Even if she's willing to take it after the child is delivered?

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 6k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
      #2

      1 - I don't think anyone should be coerced into an unwanted medical procedure for ANY reason. I don't think that there is any way to ethically justify it. 

      2 - I don't know. If she's working for any medical facility, then they get paid via CMS. The CMS mandate is strong arming all of these organizations into capitulation with their fines for non-compliance. I can empathize with the employers who have no option but to fire the non-compliant employees or shut down the whole hospital and be out of a job. As far as I know, there is no exception made for pregnant women, but I honestly haven't looked into this question. 

      3 - A kidney is a relatively simple organ, but when it's transplanted, it requires a consistent regimen of immunosuppressants to keep the recipient's body from rejecting the organ. A liver or a lung are much more complicated organs, and those transplants require more stringent immunosuppression. A developing fetus has all of the above organs, and as a result, all pregnant females are considerably immunosuppressed as part of the natural pregnancy process. I personally think it's batshit to take the second dose of that vaccine and the extensive immune response it provokes if you are with child. Granted, if you get COVID in your 2nd or 3rd trimester, you are likely in for an awful time and risking miscarriage, premature labor, and/or maternal death. This is a scary choice to make for any expectant mother.  If I was pregnant when the vaccines came out, I'd just quarantine myself as much as I could for 2nd and 3rd trimester, and then get the vaccine afterwards. 

      W 1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

        1 - I don't think anyone should be coerced into an unwanted medical procedure for ANY reason. I don't think that there is any way to ethically justify it. 

        2 - I don't know. If she's working for any medical facility, then they get paid via CMS. The CMS mandate is strong arming all of these organizations into capitulation with their fines for non-compliance. I can empathize with the employers who have no option but to fire the non-compliant employees or shut down the whole hospital and be out of a job. As far as I know, there is no exception made for pregnant women, but I honestly haven't looked into this question. 

        3 - A kidney is a relatively simple organ, but when it's transplanted, it requires a consistent regimen of immunosuppressants to keep the recipient's body from rejecting the organ. A liver or a lung are much more complicated organs, and those transplants require more stringent immunosuppression. A developing fetus has all of the above organs, and as a result, all pregnant females are considerably immunosuppressed as part of the natural pregnancy process. I personally think it's batshit to take the second dose of that vaccine and the extensive immune response it provokes if you are with child. Granted, if you get COVID in your 2nd or 3rd trimester, you are likely in for an awful time and risking miscarriage, premature labor, and/or maternal death. This is a scary choice to make for any expectant mother.  If I was pregnant when the vaccines came out, I'd just quarantine myself as much as I could for 2nd and 3rd trimester, and then get the vaccine afterwards. 

        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @vaportrail said:

        1 - I don't think anyone should be coerced into an unwanted medical procedure for ANY reason. I don't think that there is any way to ethically justify it. 

        2 - I don't know. If she's working for any medical facility, then they get paid via CMS. The CMS mandate is strong arming all of these organizations into capitulation with their fines for non-compliance. I can empathize with the employers who have no option but to fire the non-compliant employees or shut down the whole hospital and be out of a job. As far as I know, there is no exception made for pregnant women, but I honestly haven't looked into this question. 

        3 - A kidney is a relatively simple organ, but when it's transplanted, it requires a consistent regimen of immunosuppressants to keep the recipient's body from rejecting the organ. A liver or a lung are much more complicated organs, and those transplants require more stringent immunosuppression. A developing fetus has all of the above organs, and as a result, all pregnant females are considerably immunosuppressed as part of the natural pregnancy process. I personally think it's batshit to take the second dose of that vaccine and the extensive immune response it provokes if you are with child. Granted, if you get COVID in your 2nd or 3rd trimester, you are likely in for an awful time and risking miscarriage, premature labor, and/or maternal death. This is a scary choice to make for any expectant mother.  If I was pregnant when the vaccines came out, I'd just quarantine myself as much as I could for 2nd and 3rd trimester, and then get the vaccine afterwards. 

        Yes my friend's daughter is almost due. Scared to death and perfectly willing to take the stupid shot after she delivers the baby. I try to be moderate about the whole thing but this particular case I think forcing her at this point would be completely unconscionable. Thanks for the insight.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        Theme
        • System
        • Light
        • Dark
        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Forums
        • Recent
        • Popular
        • Users
        • Donate