Skip to content

Favre crack-back block

The Browns Board
13 9 1.3k
  • He's not known for this kind of thing so while it was shitty it doesn't make him dirty. Like many of his throws I'm sure he'd like that play back.

  • He's not known for this kind of thing so while it was shitty it doesn't make him dirty. Like many of his throws I'm sure he'd like that play back.

    @vegasdogg said:

    He's not known for this kind of thing so while it was shitty it doesn't make him dirty. Like many of his throws I'm sure he'd like that play back.

    1. I think it's a dumb play call to ask your 40 year old QB to go out & block in some WildDawg bullshit.

    2. Diving at a guys knees is dirty, period. Not just because I can't stand Favre, but because it is. Favre's been in the league long enough to know better.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    He's not known for this kind of thing so while it was shitty it doesn't make him dirty. Like many of his throws I'm sure he'd like that play back.

    1. I think it's a dumb play call to ask your 40 year old QB to go out & block in some WildDawg bullshit.

    2. Diving at a guys knees is dirty, period. Not just because I can't stand Favre, but because it is. Favre's been in the league long enough to know better.

    @legacy-fan said:

    1. I think it's a dumb play call to ask your 40 year old QB to go out & block in some WildDawg bullshit.

    2. Diving at a guys knees is dirty, period. Not just because I can't stand Favre, but because it is. Favre's been in the league long enough to know better.

    No argument with any of that. I just don't consider HIM dirty because I've never seen it from him before. He will be lighter in the wallet. I'd prefer much stiffer penalties for this kind of stuff - on par with PEDS. Guys careers are on the line. But no I don't think Favre is dirty.

  • Yeah I didn't mean to imply Brett has made a career of being a slimeball. Just describing the specific play.

  • He probably had to dive or else he would miss the block.. he has slowed down some.

  • He probably had to dive or else he would miss the block.. he has slowed down some.

    @mr.-t said:

    He probably had to dive or else he would miss the block.. he has slowed down some.

    Beleive me, Farve wanted out on the play. #4 is not a blocker and throwing a 'crack back' shows it.

  • Since this is the most active Favre thread, here are his numbers from last night:

    Comp--Att--Pct---Yds---Avg--TD--In--Rat

    13------18--72.2--142---7.9---1---0---113.7

    Most of his passes were under 10 yards and he drove the ball well. He has a gun, but chose ball control offense and moved methodically down the field. Mangini has chosen weak-armed Pennington in his last QB competition and worked with Favre, who often picks his way down the field. I'm beating a dead horse here, but more thoughts he's going to pick Quinn.

  • Obviously the NFL would bring down the hammer of God and Tony Kornheiser would cut my tires, but if I were a Houston defender and Favre did that to one of my teammates and he got hurt, the only decision in my mind would be whether to go for his knees on the next play and putting my helmet under his chin.

    Dennis

  • I'd do the same thing Dennis.

    When asked about wanting to get back in the game and get a hit on Mr. Football, during the locker room post-game, Eugene Wilson said, "No comment," with the worlds largest smile on his face.

    Eugene Wilson: World's worst liar.

  • Let's be honest, if it was any of MIN WR who did that, instead of Favre, we wouldn't even be talking about this.