Playing for Pickett
-
I am not really very impressed with this Ridder kid. Sure, he's one of the available players, but only the throw to the pylon that was dropped was actually on point. Almost all of the rest - even if the WR was legit open - have been behind/high.
So in that way the Browns wouldn't have to change the offense for him.. I'll see myself out!
-
I am not really very impressed with this Ridder kid. Sure, he's one of the available players, but only the throw to the pylon that was dropped was actually on point. Almost all of the rest - even if the WR was legit open - have been behind/high.
So in that way the Browns wouldn't have to change the offense for him.. I'll see myself out!
I am not really very impressed with this Ridder kid. Sure, he's one of the available players, but only the throw to the pylon that was dropped was actually on point. Almost all of the rest - even if the WR was legit open - have been behind/high.
So in that way the Browns wouldn't have to change the offense for him.. I'll see myself out!
looks like a fair assessment.. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X
I'll add when a 6'4 QB gets 4/5 balls batted down at the LOS... Bama's DL caused the Ridd*l*er a new riddle for scouts to address.. (that's a NFL big boy D-front)
-
Zombo said:
Nope, not playing, already preparing for draft.
Which I think is weak for a QB to do.
Z
LOL, cancel that recording!!!
Ridder has a some impressive skills - power arm, size, character.
He's very good, but at the next level, I don't see him as
a first round qb. Unless you can let him hopefully develop a few years.
He's pretty inaccurate. Great stats, a lot of quick throws I think. He has terrific athletic receivers - which
I think are his saving grace in the accuracy dept. I see him more as a late second to early third rounder, only because
his weaknesses will take some time to develop, and that isn't a given. He has a giant arm, and has big trouble
with touch on the ball.
He reminds me of Sam Darnold - same inaccuracy problem, takes sacks too often, big arm, not much touch...don't know how well he
can adapt to reading defenses in the NFL.
Of course, some team may draft him in the first round, let him sit for a year, and win big. or not.
Here's a very intriguing article about big-armed quarterbacks...
https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2013/7/15/4523030/the-truth-about-big-armed-quarterbacks
Gee, sounds exactly like that feller from Wyoming when he was drafted.
-
I am not really very impressed with this Ridder kid. Sure, he's one of the available players, but only the throw to the pylon that was dropped was actually on point. Almost all of the rest - even if the WR was legit open - have been behind/high.
So in that way the Browns wouldn't have to change the offense for him.. I'll see myself out!
looks like a fair assessment.. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X
I'll add when a 6'4 QB gets 4/5 balls batted down at the LOS... Bama's DL caused the Ridd*l*er a new riddle for scouts to address.. (that's a NFL big boy D-front)
looks like a fair assessment.. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X
I'll add when a 6'4 QB gets 4/5 balls batted down at the LOS... Bama's DL caused the Ridd*l*er a new riddle for scouts to address.. (that's a NFL big boy D-front)
That Dline didn't cause any further riddles any other good D1 front wouldn't have shown. Ridders delivery is VERY 2/3rd's. His follow through not being over the top and a bit exaggerated on the windup causes batted balls. I'm shocked it hasn't happened more this season.
-
Interested, of course, Kiper has an opinion on Ridder....
but has it changed from early Nov?
-
Just came across this, speaking of Josh Allen, lol:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/josh-allen/3200414c-4c52-9264-bedc-c4ddaf201fe7
lol at the video at the top...
-
looks like a fair assessment.. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X
I'll add when a 6'4 QB gets 4/5 balls batted down at the LOS... Bama's DL caused the Ridd*l*er a new riddle for scouts to address.. (that's a NFL big boy D-front)
That Dline didn't cause any further riddles any other good D1 front wouldn't have shown. Ridders delivery is VERY 2/3rd's. His follow through not being over the top and a bit exaggerated on the windup causes batted balls. I'm shocked it hasn't happened more this season.
Ridders delivery is VERY 2/3rd's.
a)His follow through not being over the top and
b.) a bit exaggerated on the windup causes batted balls.
I'm shocked it hasn't happened more this season.
Fair enough..took some time to dive back into last nights low lights..
I see ya & saw both..
a) I thought his shotgun snaps could have used a extra drop step? and stay out of empty sets vs Bama
b) his drops from under center does have a weird hitch from waist up..(college ball level)
Now ? I'm not the guy to ask much about QB mechanics.... I just got to the south & worked with a guy with season tickets to NC State games... Ever seen Phillip Rivers mechanics? He wrecked myself & lots of folks...
-
Closer to Joe Burrow, Baker maybe 1 more
The Browns window is now, the Browns can't afford to have another so-so season trying to find out if Baker has "it". There's FAR too many questions about him to not have a reliable Plan "B" just in case.... Shades of the Derek Anderson massively failed expectations.
BTW, another top 10 draft pick isn't out of the question.
-
I think we are kidding ourselves about a window being open.
We have a so-so O-line at both tackle positions, no wide receivers, a QB who poses some big question marks, and a 1965 offense.
If we are dead set on a new drafted QB, then we need to trade back every chance we get and go for a QB next year. Next year is the year to grab a QB. Beyond Young and Stroud, there are at least 3 others that will be legit 1st rounders. We need to fill up the ammo box.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login