Skip to content

Playing for Pickett

The Browns Board
89 25 4.4k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    looks like a fair assessment.. https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/desmond-ridder/egzbnFBW6X

    I'll add when a 6'4 QB gets 4/5 balls batted down at the LOS... Bama's DL caused the Ridd*l*er a new riddle for scouts to address.. (that's a NFL big boy D-front)

    That Dline didn't cause any further riddles any other good D1 front wouldn't have shown.    Ridders delivery is VERY 2/3rd's.  His follow through not being over the top and a bit exaggerated on the windup causes batted balls.  I'm shocked it hasn't happened more this season.

    @tiamat63 said:

       Ridders delivery is VERY 2/3rd's. 

    a)His follow through not being over the top and

    b.) a bit exaggerated on the windup causes batted balls. 

    I'm shocked it hasn't happened more this season.

    Fair enough..took some time to dive back into last nights low lights..

    I see ya & saw both..

    a) I thought his shotgun snaps could have used a extra drop step? and stay out of empty sets vs Bama

    b) his drops from under center does have a weird hitch from waist up..(college ball level)

    Now ? I'm not the guy to ask much about QB mechanics.... I just got to the south & worked with a guy with season tickets to NC State games... Ever seen Phillip Rivers mechanics? He wrecked myself & lots of folks...😆 

  • Kenny Pickett  come on over 

  • Pickett is Weeden 2.0 and Baker gets another year.

  • Pickett is Weeden 2.0 and Baker gets another year.

    @hish747 said:

    Pickett is Weeden 2.0 and Baker gets another year.

    Closer to Joe Burrow, Baker maybe 1 more 

  • @hish747 said:

    Pickett is Weeden 2.0 and Baker gets another year.

    Closer to Joe Burrow, Baker maybe 1 more 

    @7moses7 said:

    Closer to Joe Burrow, Baker maybe 1 more 

    The Browns window is now, the Browns can't afford to have another so-so season trying to find out if Baker has "it".  There's FAR too many questions about him to not have a reliable Plan "B" just in case....  Shades of the Derek Anderson massively failed expectations. 

    BTW, another top 10 draft pick isn't out of the question.  😁 

  • Keep it up Baker, we’re looking at a top 10 pick

  • Thank you Baker

  • I think we are kidding ourselves about a window being open.

    We have a so-so O-line at both tackle positions, no wide receivers, a QB who poses some big question marks, and a 1965  offense.

    If we are dead set on a new drafted QB, then we need to trade back every chance we get and go for a QB next year.  Next year is the year to grab a QB.  Beyond Young and Stroud, there are at least 3 others that will be legit 1st rounders.  We need to fill up the ammo box.

  • Free Agency smoke screen, Browns letting Faker know he has 1 season to step up. There are no QB’s worth trading for at this point. Pickett is going to be the Browns first pick 

  • See ya Faker, bring on Kenny Pickett !!! yea