Skip to content

Scottish Hammer ...gone

The Browns Board
28 14 786 1
  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Maybe he played a part in the covid explosion on the Browns?‍♂️ If that were true, I would want his head too.

  • @bob806 said:

    https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/12/22/cleveland-browns-go-punter-dustin-colquitt-waive-jamie-gillan-afc-north-playoffs/8991798002/

    Went from a training camp cult hero to the scapegoat in KC. He catches that snap, or boots it somewhere, anywhere, he's still here.

    I had a feeling he was outtie... Thats too bad... on to the next...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @nickers said:

    I had a feeling he was outtie... Thats too bad... on to the next...

    And I even have a Scottish Hammer T-shirt.  ? No really, you have to go to the second page of punter stats to find him. 43 yard average, and the top guys are around 48. Don't know what happened to his leg this year.   

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Well the snap in KC didn't help, but he hasn't been a great or even good punter most of the season. 

    The new guy spiking punts inside the 10 didn't help either.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Noooooo

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Don't like that move one bit. Colquitt was sitting on the couch for a reason.

    WSS 

  • Don't like that move one bit. Colquitt was sitting on the couch for a reason.

    WSS 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @westside-steve said:

    Don't like that move one bit. Colquitt was sitting on the couch for a reason.

    WSS 

    OK.  But now that can be said about the hammer.

    ...and I wouldn't feel none too safe if I was the kicker either.

  • Don't like that move one bit. Colquitt was sitting on the couch for a reason.

    WSS 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @westside-steve said:

    Don't like that move one bit. Colquitt was sitting on the couch for a reason.

    WSS 

    Well, I said it in my previous post...  Here ya go Steve...   https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/punts/2021/REG/all/puntingaverageyards/desc

    Fan Fave Jamie ranks 31st in the NFL in punting average of guys who have more than 20 punts...  And I love the guy... But you're only as good as your last kick.  As Bill Belichick would say "released due to diminishing skills".... I'll take that back (checking)... He wasn't much better last year either.  And our new guy Colquitt wasn't any better in 2020. So we traded one bum punter for another bum punter. Ray Guy he isn't.

    FWIW, there's plenty of FG kickers sitting on the couch waiting for the phone to ring too.  🙂

  • Noooooo

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @mld-woody said:

    Noooooo

    Woody's avatar just got the axe.  He WAS an exciting player once.

  • @bob806 said:

    https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2021/12/22/cleveland-browns-go-punter-dustin-colquitt-waive-jamie-gillan-afc-north-playoffs/8991798002/

    Went from a training camp cult hero to the scapegoat in KC. He catches that snap, or boots it somewhere, anywhere, he's still here.

    I had a feeling he was outtie... Thats too bad... on to the next...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nickers said:

    I had a feeling he was outtie... Thats too bad... on to the next...

    I wonder if he will get picked up anywhere ?  An exciting but brief career just below the NFL pension I think.

    Exciting for a bit, a hard job to lose !  Picked up $139,602 in incentives in a few years.

    Estimated Career Earnings

    YEAR TEAM AWARDS SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE EARNINGS
    2019 Player Cash Earnings   $495,000 $10,000 - - - - $60,394 $565,394
    2020 Player Cash Earnings   $675,000 - - - - - $79,208 $754,208
    2021 Player Cash Earnings   $708,330 - - - - - - $708,330
    3 seasons   $1,878,330 $10,000 - - - - $139,602 $2,027,932
     
    SEASONS TEAM   SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUCTURE BONUS OPTION BONUS INCENTIVE TOTAL CASH
    3 seasons Player Cash Earnings   $1,878,330 $10,000 - - - - $139,602 $2,027,932
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Colquitt was doing a nice job.  Perhaps they see him as a better fit also.  A family man.  As opposed to whatever the hammer is.

    We should draft Cade York, LSU - kicker.

  • Colquitt was doing a nice job.  Perhaps they see him as a better fit also.  A family man.  As opposed to whatever the hammer is.

    We should draft Cade York, LSU - kicker.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @orion said:

    We should draft Cade York, LSU - kicker.

    Yes something needs to be done there. The last 2 kickers we drafted didn't pan out so well (Zane Gonzalez, Austin Seibert). 

  • @orion said:

    We should draft Cade York, LSU - kicker.

    Yes something needs to be done there. The last 2 kickers we drafted didn't pan out so well (Zane Gonzalez, Austin Seibert). 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @bob806 said:

    The last 2 kickers we drafted didn't pan out so well (Zane Gonzalez, Austin Seibert). 

    Yeah.  We weren't too good at drafting QB's either.  Does Phil Dawson have a son?

  • @nickers said:

    I had a feeling he was outtie... Thats too bad... on to the next...

    And I even have a Scottish Hammer T-shirt.  ? No really, you have to go to the second page of punter stats to find him. 43 yard average, and the top guys are around 48. Don't know what happened to his leg this year.   

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @hoorta said:

    And I even have a Scottish Hammer T-shirt.  ? No really, you have to go to the second page of punter stats to find him. 43 yard average, and the top guys are around 48. Don't know what happened to his leg this year.   

    maybe he was drunk ?

  • Colquitt was doing a nice job.  Perhaps they see him as a better fit also.  A family man.  As opposed to whatever the hammer is.

    We should draft Cade York, LSU - kicker.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @orion said:

    Colquitt was doing a nice job.  Perhaps they see him as a better fit also.  A family man.  As opposed to whatever the hammer is.

    Well THIS is an intriguing take on the situation... ?

  • @orion said:

    Colquitt was doing a nice job.  Perhaps they see him as a better fit also.  A family man.  As opposed to whatever the hammer is.

    Well THIS is an intriguing take on the situation... ?

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well THIS is an intriguing take on the situation... ?

    I say because the hammer is always getting COVID.  And it's only the punter...and he's not doing great anyway...and his fill in was doing fine.   Do ya say bye to the covid factory and keep the family man?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well THIS is an intriguing take on the situation... ?

    I say because the hammer is always getting COVID.  And it's only the punter...and he's not doing great anyway...and his fill in was doing fine.   Do ya say bye to the covid factory and keep the family man?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #20

    @orion said:

    I say because the hammer is always getting COVID.  And it's only the punter...and he's not doing great anyway...and his fill in was doing fine.   Do ya say bye to the covid factory and keep the family man?

    I say bye because Colquit is far better at placing the ball deep behind the other team's 20 y.l. The hammer also outkicked his coverage too often without also placing it OOB so it was not returnable.

    BTW look who stands at #2.  Only the f'n Browns do this shit.   https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/punts/2021/PRO/all/puntingaverageyards/desc

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well THIS is an intriguing take on the situation... ?

    I say because the hammer is always getting COVID.  And it's only the punter...and he's not doing great anyway...and his fill in was doing fine.   Do ya say bye to the covid factory and keep the family man?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @orion said:

    I say because the hammer is always getting COVID.  And it's only the punter...and he's not doing great anyway...and his fill in was doing fine.   Do ya say bye to the covid factory and keep the family man?

    I have no idea what being a "family man" has to do with anything, but if the Browns thought he was putting himself and the team in jeopardy regarding his behavior and contracting Covid, then yes, ciao Hammer of Scottish descent... 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #22

    I say draft the next Tom Tupa - so we can have our starting punter also be our backup QB, and pay him a punter salary! That would give us an extra roster spot for a competent lineman of some sort...

  • @hoorta said:

    And I even have a Scottish Hammer T-shirt.  ? No really, you have to go to the second page of punter stats to find him. 43 yard average, and the top guys are around 48. Don't know what happened to his leg this year.   

    maybe he was drunk ?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @atom said:

    maybe he was drunk ?

    Hammer ? the parting kicker ?   Did he party his way out of a good paying job and oh so close to locking up an NFL pension ?

    I think he might have been a bit injured too something he might not want to talk about...... just sayin'.

  • @atom said:

    maybe he was drunk ?

    Hammer ? the parting kicker ?   Did he party his way out of a good paying job and oh so close to locking up an NFL pension ?

    I think he might have been a bit injured too something he might not want to talk about...... just sayin'.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mjp28 said:

    Hammer ? the parting kicker ?   Did he party his way out of a good paying job and oh so close to locking up an NFL pension ?

    I think he might have been a bit injured too something he might not want to talk about...... just sayin'.

    Like all young Lad's n' Lasses... I don;t think he drank anymore than his fair share of his peers and colleagues... I thought he was a pretty good young kid.. Never thought of him as a trouble maker but certainly no angel.. He was a good young dude.. I hope he gets on ok...