RIP John Madden
-
He had always maintained that The Immaculate Reception was an illegal play. We believe you John.
I guess he'll find out for sure now.
I read that Madden was Nolls choice for the Steelers defensive coordinator, but then the Raiders HC job came up.
That Raiders/Steelers rivalry was the fiercest in the history of the NFL.
-
Here’s the Mount Rushmore of NFL TV announcers.
Montana. Rice. Touchdown.
-
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
Tua is noodle armed garbage...
-
He had always maintained that The Immaculate Reception was an illegal play. We believe you John.
I guess he'll find out for sure now.
I read that Madden was Nolls choice for the Steelers defensive coordinator, but then the Raiders HC job came up.
That Raiders/Steelers rivalry was the fiercest in the history of the NFL.
He had always maintained that The Immaculate Reception was an illegal play. We believe you John.
I guess he'll find out for sure now.
I read that Madden was Nolls choice for the Steelers defensive coordinator, but then the Raiders HC job came up.
That Raiders/Steelers rivalry was the fiercest in the history of the NFL.
Yes, fast forward the Immaculate Reception to the level of 2021 playoff broadcasting, there would have been at least four different camera angles and super slow motion to give us the definitive answer.
-
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
Tua is noodle armed garbage...
-
First Superbowl I remember watching was Raiders vs Vikings
my parents always went to their friends house and we would watch the game and there was always betting pools
I also remember they had walnuts, that we would crack open, and there was change in them. Still not sure how that happened
And I don’t want to know how it happened
First Superbowl I remember watching was Raiders vs Vikings
my parents always went to their friends house and we would watch the game and there was always betting pools
I also remember they had walnuts, that we would crack open, and there was change in them. Still not sure how that happened
And I don’t want to know how it happened
my older brother got into the raiders locker room after the game it was funny
-
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
yep. Stabler kept throwing to crazy old Fred Biletnicoff sp? again and again and etc etc etc.
-
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
I’d take Ken “The Snake” Stabler over Tua, 100 times over
-
Madden had a left-handed QB from Alabama in Ken Stabler. Tua is left-handed from Alabama. Trade some socks for him. No one respects Tua.
I’d take Ken “The Snake” Stabler over Tua, 100 times over
I’d take Ken “The Snake” Stabler over Tua, 100 times over
The Snake wrote the greatest book I read as a kid. Tua is limited. But his heart and accuracy are what you want. Baker has it, but something is off.
-
First Superbowl I remember watching was Raiders vs Vikings
my parents always went to their friends house and we would watch the game and there was always betting pools
I also remember they had walnuts, that we would crack open, and there was change in them. Still not sure how that happened
And I don’t want to know how it happened
my older brother got into the raiders locker room after the game it was funny
-
Funny story from my friend who won a SB with with Baltimore who was then traded to the Raiders. He had been a two way college player (DB/WR) and his second year with the Raiders he felt comfortable enough with coach Madden to go to him and let him know he had been a decent WR as well if he needed him there. Madden politely declined telling him, "I think I'm ok this year with Biletnikoff and Branch, but thanks for the offer." My friend still chuckles about that experience with Madden who saw the all-pro that Cliff Branch would eventually become.
One of a kind Coach Madden. RIP.
-
Player/Head Coach Dan Reeves passed away at 77.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
