Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Just morons

Just morons

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
16 Posts 9 Posters 268 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/education/brighton-central-school-district-bans-jingle-bells-from-curriculum/71-a8185095-a746-4d26-9034-cc2010139726

    These people really are insane.

    WSS 

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 10k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Doesn’t sound inclusive, if you’re banning things

      "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
        • 64k Posts
        • 8k Reputation
        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
        #3

        It's just a marxist attack on every single aspect of American life

        they can screw with and screw up.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 10k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Kids would have no idea that any song was associated at any point with minstrel shows if some parents hadn’t dug real deep to find out it was. 

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
            • 33k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
            #5

            It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

            I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

            Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
            W DieHardBrownsFanD GorkaG C 4 Replies Last reply
            😂
            Quote Reply
            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

              It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

              I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 39k Posts
              • 9k Reputation
              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @mld-woody said:

              It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

              I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

              I guess I'm not surprised you'd be the guy to fall in with these morons.

              WSS 

              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
              MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
              👍 😂
              Quote Reply
              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

                I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

                DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                • 28k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @mld-woody said:

                It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

                I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

                We're sorry for your pain.  (not).

                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                1 Reply Last reply
                👍 😂
                Quote Reply
                • Kvoethe KvoetheK Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 924 Reputation
                  KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe
                  #8

                  Can someone who is a minority chime in.  How are you not totally offended by the dumbing down of curriculum..lowering grade standards . no homework, no tests.eliminating honors classes..all in the name of equality.  That is the most offensive/racist thing..saying you aren't smart enough or disciplined enough to do the work required so we have to lower the bar.

                  Here is an example

                  https://wjla.com/news/crisis-in-the-classrooms/va-teachers-push-back-on-equity-proposal-to-abolish-some-grades-late-homework-penalties

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 15k Posts
                    • 2k Reputation
                    T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    I'd love to see any evidence that it has any root in minstrel shows. 

                    The real kicker here is it says "it's closely related to a religious holiday" and I suspect that is the actual reason for the banning despite there being no religious imagery or mention of Christmas at all. It's simply a song about having a sleigh ride in the snow. 

                    The problem is that when leftists do things in the name of equality everything gets worse for everyone. It's like the whole concept of communism, yeah it's FAIR. Everyone gets the worst of everything. 

                    Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                      It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

                      I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

                      Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
                      #10

                      @mld-woody said:

                      It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

                      That white guilt liberal thing rears its ugly head again.

                      I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

                      I don't think anyone suffered by having Jingle Bells in their curriculum either. Are you suffering?

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • T The Cysko Kid

                        I'd love to see any evidence that it has any root in minstrel shows. 

                        The real kicker here is it says "it's closely related to a religious holiday" and I suspect that is the actual reason for the banning despite there being no religious imagery or mention of Christmas at all. It's simply a song about having a sleigh ride in the snow. 

                        The problem is that when leftists do things in the name of equality everything gets worse for everyone. It's like the whole concept of communism, yeah it's FAIR. Everyone gets the worst of everything. 

                        calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                        • 64k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @the-cysko-kid said:

                        I'd love to see any evidence that it has any root in minstrel shows. 

                        The real kicker here is it says "it's closely related to a religious holiday" and I suspect that is the actual reason for the banning despite there being no religious imagery or mention of Christmas at all. It's simply a song about having a sleigh ride in the snow. 

                        The problem is that when leftists do things in the name of equality everything gets worse for everyone. It's like the whole concept of communism, yeah it's FAIR. Everyone gets the worst of everything. 

                        Excellent post

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • W Westside Steve

                          @mld-woody said:

                          It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

                          I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

                          I guess I'm not surprised you'd be the guy to fall in with these morons.

                          WSS 

                          MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                          • 33k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @westside-steve said:

                          I guess I'm not surprised you'd be the guy to fall in with these morons.

                          WSS 

                          I never said I'd push for this change. I just said I don't think it's ruining anyone's life. 

                          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                          W 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                            @westside-steve said:

                            I guess I'm not surprised you'd be the guy to fall in with these morons.

                            WSS 

                            I never said I'd push for this change. I just said I don't think it's ruining anyone's life. 

                            Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @mld-woody said:

                            I never said I'd push for this change. I just said I don't think it's ruining anyone's life. 

                            That's the bar you set for freedom? As long as someone's life isn't completely ruined? 

                            Sheesh.

                            WSS

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                              It really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

                              I don't think anyone is going to suffer by not having jingle bells play in school though. 

                              calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                              • 64k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @mld-woody said:

                              really is amazing how many things in our country have a racist past.

                              so you say you believe "Jingle Bells" is racist? You seriously want to chirp that?

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • W Westside Steve

                                @mld-woody said:

                                I never said I'd push for this change. I just said I don't think it's ruining anyone's life. 

                                That's the bar you set for freedom? As long as someone's life isn't completely ruined? 

                                Sheesh.

                                WSS

                                MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                • 33k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @westside-steve said:

                                That's the bar you set for freedom? As long as someone's life isn't completely ruined? 

                                Sheesh.

                                WSS

                                Freedom?

                                Oh Christ

                                Well you have fun in this thread

                                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                W 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                  @westside-steve said:

                                  That's the bar you set for freedom? As long as someone's life isn't completely ruined? 

                                  Sheesh.

                                  WSS

                                  Freedom?

                                  Oh Christ

                                  Well you have fun in this thread

                                  Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 39k Posts
                                  • 9k Reputation
                                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                  #16

                                  @mld-woody said:

                                  Freedom?

                                  Oh Christ

                                  Well you have fun in this thread

                                  Yes Freedom dimwit. Not allowing somebody to sing a song as innocuous as Jingle Bells? What kind of a moron are you and what kind of morons do you support? I think we know but still...

                                  Two choices; you're just being an asshole or you're truly fucked up. Maybe both.

                                  You have your head so far up these people's ass you can't even force yourself to admit that something's crap.

                                  WSS

                                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply

                                  Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                  Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                  With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                  Register Login
                                  Reply
                                  • Reply as topic
                                  Log in to reply
                                  • Oldest to Newest
                                  • Newest to Oldest
                                  • Most Votes


                                  Theme
                                  • System
                                  • Light
                                  • Dark
                                  The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                  The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                  • First post
                                    Last post
                                  0
                                  • Forums
                                  • Recent
                                  • Popular
                                  • Users
                                  • Donate