Skip to content

Age limits

Political Discussion
68 11 1.3k
  • @browns149 said:

    If there will ever be a “weighted” voting system, as some here have suggested, then property owners  votes should have more weight. Especially, when it comes down to where the property taxes go to

    Don't know if you grasped the concept but we were just screwing around.

    But just for fun I never said I thought Property Owners should have to pay taxes on their property. That's a reasonably New Concept. I think. Hell income tax isn't part of the original deal.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Don't know if you grasped the concept but we were just screwing around.

    But just for fun I never said I thought Property Owners should have to pay taxes on their property. That's a reasonably New Concept. I think. Hell income tax isn't part of the original deal.

    WSS

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

  • @westside-steve said:

    Don't know if you grasped the concept but we were just screwing around.

    But just for fun I never said I thought Property Owners should have to pay taxes on their property. That's a reasonably New Concept. I think. Hell income tax isn't part of the original deal.

    WSS

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

    @browns149 said:

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

  • @westside-steve said:

    Don't know if you grasped the concept but we were just screwing around.

    But just for fun I never said I thought Property Owners should have to pay taxes on their property. That's a reasonably New Concept. I think. Hell income tax isn't part of the original deal.

    WSS

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

    @browns149 said:

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

    Yes. And?

    WSS

  • @browns149 said:

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

    Yes. And?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes. And?

    WSS

    Not really a reasonably new idea

  • @westside-steve said:

    Yes. And?

    WSS

    Not really a reasonably new idea

    @browns149 said:

    Not really a reasonably new idea

    Hell certainly new enough and ironically just what the country was founded upon in opposition.

    WSS

  • @mld-woody said:

    And I don't want as much of my taxes going to the military!

    Everyone can write in their own percentages!

    The military is more important IMO

    People can home school or remote learn. You can’t protect the country without the military 

    @browns149 said:

    The military is more important IMO

    People can home school or remote learn. You can’t protect the country without the military 

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

  • @browns149 said:

    The military is more important IMO

    People can home school or remote learn. You can’t protect the country without the military 

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

    @mld-woody said:

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

    And it probably won't be long before the Chinese surpasses. Nothing lasts forever. Ask England Germany France Japan Rome Greece Etc

    Even though that's a little bit off topiic for a thread about restricting the voting rights of people you/I/we don't like.

    Also the US dollar has only been the world's reserves since World War II. Ironically when the world accepted the United States as a leading superpower.

    WSS

  • @browns149 said:

    The military is more important IMO

    People can home school or remote learn. You can’t protect the country without the military 

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

    @mld-woody said:

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

    Yes we do.

  • @browns149 said:

    The military is more important IMO

    People can home school or remote learn. You can’t protect the country without the military 

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

    @mld-woody said:

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

    To protect our interests, we do

  • @westside-steve said:

    Don't know if you grasped the concept but we were just screwing around.

    But just for fun I never said I thought Property Owners should have to pay taxes on their property. That's a reasonably New Concept. I think. Hell income tax isn't part of the original deal.

    WSS

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

    @browns149 said:

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

    The Federal Excise Tax was started to fund the Spanish American War, yet it’s still around.

    The U.S Government doesn’t have a Taxation problem, it has a spending problem.

  • @browns149 said:

    Both taxes started in or around the civil war

    The Federal Excise Tax was started to fund the Spanish American War, yet it’s still around.

    The U.S Government doesn’t have a Taxation problem, it has a spending problem.

    @canton-dawg said:

    The Federal Excise Tax was started to fund the Spanish American War, yet it’s still around.

    The U.S Government doesn’t have a Taxation problem, it has a spending problem.

    They don’t get rid of taxes

    They said the Ohio turnpike would be free once it was paid for. It’s been paid for for years now, and it still cost money to drive  on it

    When was the last time a Govt agency put a stop to a tax? 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The Federal Excise Tax was started to fund the Spanish American War, yet it’s still around.

    The U.S Government doesn’t have a Taxation problem, it has a spending problem.

    They don’t get rid of taxes

    They said the Ohio turnpike would be free once it was paid for. It’s been paid for for years now, and it still cost money to drive  on it

    When was the last time a Govt agency put a stop to a tax? 

    @browns149 said:

    They don’t get rid of taxes

    They said the Ohio turnpike would be free once it was paid for. It’s been paid for for years now, and it still cost money to drive  on it

    When was the last time a Govt agency put a stop to a tax? 

    The turnpike is also the best highway to drive on by far

  • @mld-woody said:

    We don't need to spend more money than the next X number of countries combined 

    To protect our interests, we do

    @browns149 said:

    To protect our interests, we do

    I disagree

  • @browns149 said:

    To protect our interests, we do

    I disagree

    @mld-woody said:

    I disagree

    You should go live in another country.

  • Out of touch2022-01-22_105610.png.d0f46df4d04caa2f0cc3639fd1af632f.png