Skip to content

Malik McDowell Arrested

The Browns Board
48 26 1.2k 1
  • Well, that was a fun one-year story.  Gah.

  • @mld-woody said:

    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/18/malik-mcdowell-arrested-for-public-exposure-and-assaulting-a-deputy/

    A shame that it brings an end to his comeback story.

    I thought he had turned his life around. That is too bad. He's gone. IDL in the first round I think. Season's over....all that money.... I guess he reverted to the same problems in the past. All that talent going to complete waste. He just threw it all away.

    Jordan Davis or Demarvin Leal. wr in the second round.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I thought he had turned his life around. That is too bad. He's gone. IDL in the first round I think. Season's over....all that money.... I guess he reverted to the same problems in the past. All that talent going to complete waste. He just threw it all away.

    Probably got jacked up on crack or something like that. Saw it quite a few times in my career, it's never alcohol that makes you run around naked outside?

  • I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

  • I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    @browns149 said:

    I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    That's what I thought, until the Browns traded down and let the Ravens take Haloti Ngata.  🙂   

  • I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    @browns149 said:

    I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    @hoorta said:

    That's what I thought, until the Browns traded down and let the Ravens take Haloti Ngata.  🙂   

    There are exceptions to every rule.

    Ngata, Suh, Cox, Donald...    If the player is THAT good, pull the trigger.    As much as a load to handle as Jordan Davis appears to be, he doesn't look so dominant in both phases of the game that would allow me to take him top 15.  At least, not by my initial viewing.    That's on top of questions about the longevity and health of a human being that size.

  • Did Ray Lewis get the boot?

    WSS

  • Damn shame, with that do you see them trying to speed up the development of Togia?sp had some snaps this season. 

  • @browns149 said:

    I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    @hoorta said:

    That's what I thought, until the Browns traded down and let the Ravens take Haloti Ngata.  🙂   

    There are exceptions to every rule.

    Ngata, Suh, Cox, Donald...    If the player is THAT good, pull the trigger.    As much as a load to handle as Jordan Davis appears to be, he doesn't look so dominant in both phases of the game that would allow me to take him top 15.  At least, not by my initial viewing.    That's on top of questions about the longevity and health of a human being that size.

    @tiamat63 said:

    There are exceptions to every rule.

    Ngata, Suh, Cox, Donald...    If the player is THAT good, pull the trigger.    As much as a load to handle as Jordan Davis appears to be, he doesn't look so dominant in both phases of the game that would allow me to take him top 15.  At least, not by my initial viewing.    That's on top of questions about the longevity and health of a human being that size.

    Tend to agree with Davis. Unless he has a freakish combine, I could see him falling in the draft too for that reason. A little bit of a one season wonder with the dudes shear size (340 lbs, Jesus) will lead to fair criticisms like you noted.

    Much more strongly leaning toward WR with the first pick.

  • Don’t want to share it but video has leaked. I just hope he gets some mental wellness help. I’m not saying I feel sorry for the dude but it looks like he’s disassociating hard.

  • Malik McDowell arrested for public exposure and assaulting a deputy

    Brilliant!  Freakin' Brilliant.  Perhaps he can room with our offensive tackle that was selling weed.  Robinson right?    

  • I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    @browns149 said:

    I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    I'm on record with a somewhat similar stance. 

    I'm not saying I would never take a DTackle in the top half of the first, but the guy I did it for would have to be damn special. 

    I'm not sure that guy (for me) exists in this draft for the Browns at #13 overall. I'd rather get a couple guys in the mid rounds that do one aspect well, and throw them in the IDL rotation.

  • I watched Davis a lot in the Clemson game in September and the Bama game last week.  I thought he looked like he was in better playing shape in September than he was in the title game. He didn’t appear to be hobbled at all. Looks like he’s going to have get a little more serious at the next level (conditioning wise) or maybe it’s just asking too much from a guy his size. 
     

    Bama doubled him alot- they seemingly tried to account for him when he took the field. He had the strip sack early that was negated by overturn call (incomplete pass). Otherwise kind of an unremarkable game.  Fellow Dlineman Jalen Carter his teammate actually stood out to me (Cine too- love the way that guy plays). Actually I’d prefer Carter in 2023 relentless motor and a major athlete in the trenches.  
     

    Back to Davis- he obviously moves very well for his size and looks like he has good playing strength.  Probably not going to see Aaron Donald sack production from him, but he’s gonna command attention and make his fair share of splash plays.

    Before the game I was intrigued…but I’m leaning toward a guy like Garrett Wilson 

  • Deputy took the bull-rush better than the Chicago Oline did.

  • What a tool...  His career is pretty much dead... This dude is going by way of Kellen Winslow Jr. The world is a fucked up place today... The bizarre things people do are mind numbing...

  •       10 hours later.....same reaction........ IYIlvuWc21U4g.gif     

  • Deputy took the bull-rush better than the Chicago Oline did.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Deputy took the bull-rush better than the Chicago Oline did.

    He did and he took him on with little knee bend. And The Interview with the teacher lol.  

    So his defense is already getting ahead of this…someone gave him something that he didn’t know about….the involuntary intoxication defense. 

  • He ran right through those bushes with no friggin' clothes on.  That musta' hurt.  I hope he's got poison ivy.

  • Draft someone on defense that can cover All-Pro tight ends.  Period.

  • I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    @browns149 said:

    I’m not for taking interior dl in first round. They are not every down players

    Leal is a versatile every down player all across the D-line.