Skip to content

Darian Kennard - complicated Justification regardless of any obfuscation

The Browns Board
16 7 511 2
  • You could be/are probably right. Kennard does need to lose some weight. "They said Wirfs would probably go inside.

    Some mock had Kennard going with the first pick of the second round. What do I know? lol

    But as much as I like Hance - watching him have a terrible day vs watt makes me want a big power RT.

    If I did another stupid mock draft, maybe I would pick Chad Muma, lb instead in the third round. Penning is all that and more - but first round - not happening, we all know that.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @calfoxwc said:

    Penning is all that and more - but first round - not happening, we all know that.

    ok! I'll note this.. but meanwhile, leave your opinion open to changes ? ... https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Trevor-Penning-OL-NorthernIowa   

    What round was your T Trey Pipkins drafted in? I'm digging for a browns 4th/5th/6th round option at OL

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Penning is all that and more - but first round - not happening, we all know that.

    ok! I'll note this.. but meanwhile, leave your opinion open to changes ? ... https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Trevor-Penning-OL-NorthernIowa   

    What round was your T Trey Pipkins drafted in? I'm digging for a browns 4th/5th/6th round option at OL

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #7

    @gumby73 said:

    ok! I'll note this.. but meanwhile, leave your opinion open to changes ? ... https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Trevor-Penning-OL-NorthernIowa   

    What round was your T Trey Pipkins drafted in? I'm digging for a browns 4th/5th/6th round option at OL

    wait - I meant the Browns wouldn't draft Penning in the first round. I don't remember Pipkins being my OT.... I looked it up, he was drafted in the 3rd round a few years ago. It's interesting. Experts fail to guess right...

    this article has the Browns taking a surprise player:

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2952719-2022-nfl-draft-1-surprise-prospect-every-team-could-target

  • Zombo said:

    We've got our starting guards and starting tackles under long term contracts. Three Pro Bowlers and1st Rounder going into year three.

    So unless this guy plays Center, he's a backup and a special teamer if comes to Cleveland. 

    So ... why?

    Z

    I really don't see but 20 players of real 1st round quality this draft... 2.5 rounds of NFL depth in this draft..QB's i'd toss out, all but Pickett as a top 25th long shot..

    The Browns are a few good FA qualities away at.. WR/DT/Edge

    Draft needs? 2 WR's/ IDL/ Edge/  (Safety/ LB/ Tackle is in a pile of BPA in any round)  Berry has been good at seeing value in drafting early & late/// I'd like to see him get better with his 3rds thru 5th's though..  https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lists/analyzing-andrew-berrys-two-browns-nfl-draft-classes-going-into-2021/ 

    If Schwartz becomes a whiff? I'll never forget the Linemen Berry passed on.. ? 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @gumby73 said:

    I really don't see but 20 players of real 1st round quality this draft... 2.5 rounds of NFL depth in this draft..QB's i'd toss out, all but Pickett as a top 25th long shot..

    The Browns are a few good FA qualities away at.. WR/DT/Edge

    Draft needs? 2 WR's/ IDL/ Edge/  (Safety/ LB/ Tackle is in a pile of BPA in any round)  Berry has been good at seeing value in drafting early & late/// I'd like to see him get better with his 3rds thru 5th's though.. 

    well I'm guessing this thread put some guys #2 pencil to work ?

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-positions-to-watch-this-offseason

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Zombo said:

    We've got our starting guards and starting tackles

    Who's our RT?  I think right now that spot is in question.

  • Zombo said:

    We've got our starting guards and starting tackles

    Who's our RT?  I think right now that spot is in question.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @orion said:

    Who's our RT?  I think right now that spot is in question.

    Jack Conklin, who suffered a pretty serious injury at the end of last season, and who is on the last year of his contract. 

    It makes sense to invest a 3rd rounder on his replacement. 

  • Zombo said:

    We've got our starting guards and starting tackles

    Who's our RT?  I think right now that spot is in question.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @orion said:

    Who's our RT?  I think right now that spot is in question.

    it is - Conklin is outstanding, but Nov - he had surgery to repair the torn patellar tendon. It could take up to a year to get back. Hubbard is also on IR. The run game suffered with him out. If they don't have Conklin for half a season, and Teller gets hurt, the Browns are in trouble at this point. A lot of weight goes on a knee - it took a year and a half for my knee to be back, but my situation wasn't just a tear....

  • @orion said:

    Who's our RT?  I think right now that spot is in question.

    Jack Conklin, who suffered a pretty serious injury at the end of last season, and who is on the last year of his contract. 

    It makes sense to invest a 3rd rounder on his replacement. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #12

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jack Conklin, who suffered a pretty serious injury at the end of last season, and who is on the last year of his contract. 

    It makes sense to invest...

    Exactly.  (and I think we were without him for half the season)

    I listen to The Fan at work sometimes and the morning guys were tossing around the idea of drafting a LT in round 1 and moving Wills back to RT.  Obviously you'd have to know what Conlkin's medical situation is.  And if he's coming back then where do you invest in another?  I mean we DID draft a T last year in the 4th round.  And he of course had to play...which wasn't pretty.  Maybe ya take a flier with our 3rd round compensatory pick that we're getting because Berry lost one of his right hand men.

    The next 3 months are going to have to answer Conklin's situation because we suffered without him.  And we'll have to find out if Hubbard is just a Cheerio floating in the milk.  He's been a good utility player. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #13

    Sure, Charles Cross would solidify one of the tackle positions for the next decade.. and would DI in the second with Phidarian Mathis or Drake Jackson actually fix anything?

    Chief issues as I see it are the DI and the WR groups.. keeping a WR room that as a group is less athletic than Ohio State's 2022 recruiting class seems unwise, especially if there's a goal of Baker being productive next season.. And when we cut Hooper we'd also need to draft a TE relatively high I'd presume.

    Now that we've got an extra 3rd in 2022 and 2023, no more DI excuses!

    And when anyone has crazy thread ideas, instead of posting.. please watch bad movies instead.  Today's western stars a Swede who uses a harpoon instead of a pistol. 

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Zombo said:

    Oh, I didn't realize Conklin only has one year left. That is a concern.

    Z

    And his injury is such he may never be the same again as well..

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Zombo said:

    We've got our starting guards and starting tackles under long term contracts. Three Pro Bowlers and1st Rounder going into year three.

    So unless this guy plays Center, he's a backup and a special teamer if comes to Cleveland. 

    So ... why?

    Z

    Because it'd be nice to have quality O-line depth? Several of those pro bowlers you mentioned were out a significant number of games throughout this year and our offense suffered for it

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Jack Conklin, who suffered a pretty serious injury at the end of last season, and who is on the last year of his contract. 

    It makes sense to invest...

    Exactly.  (and I think we were without him for half the season)

    I listen to The Fan at work sometimes and the morning guys were tossing around the idea of drafting a LT in round 1 and moving Wills back to RT.  Obviously you'd have to know what Conlkin's medical situation is.  And if he's coming back then where do you invest in another?  I mean we DID draft a T last year in the 4th round.  And he of course had to play...which wasn't pretty.  Maybe ya take a flier with our 3rd round compensatory pick that we're getting because Berry lost one of his right hand men.

    The next 3 months are going to have to answer Conklin's situation because we suffered without him.  And we'll have to find out if Hubbard is just a Cheerio floating in the milk.  He's been a good utility player. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @orion said:

    I listen to The Fan at work sometimes and the morning guys were tossing around the idea of drafting a LT in round 1 and moving Wills back to RT.  And if he's coming back then where do you invest in another?  I mean we DID draft a T last year in the 4th round.  And he of course had to play...which wasn't pretty. 

    Obviously you'd have to know what Conlkin's medical situation is. <<<<<<THIS again..

    Joel Bitonio is a all pro left guard..now getting paid tackle money... I'd almost bet, he could end his career with being a all pro left tackle a few times...

    Does finding a starting left Guard sound like a much easier find than finding any starting Tackle? 

    Team gms have whiff'd on finding NFL grade tackles/ than move them to playing guard...

    #we-make-?-to-hard