Skip to content

Dear The Brownsboard Members

The Browns Board
62 31 5.0k 2
  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Zombo said:

    I'll be around, just won't be a moderator anymore, I just wanna be one of the guys now that I fulfilled Stan's request all those years ago to administrate this place so that he could go drink Bud Lights with Hag2.

    I'll still post, run some fantasy leagues, and keep the Great Zomboni going ... I'm just not answering 1 AM messages because somebody hurt somebody's feelings anymore. Ya big babies.

    ...

    Actually,  I haven't answered those messages in years, so definitely time for some new blood. Great Zomboni is ready to retire to his Lair and drink tequila with big boob models.

    Z

    Thatta boy!   When you and Hoorta took charge I had flashbacks to an old Cheech & Chong album where they were babysitting a bunch of Hell raisers.  Cheech Marin's voice said "Hey man this kid won't quite holding his breath!" The character in Tommy Chong's voice replied: "It's okay, I'll fix it."   All of a sudden a loud thud resonated - problem resolved!

    I appreciate the commitments you both made to keep this place alive with the anything goes mentality Stan wanted to keep as much as you could do so.  One funny memory was when you put Ghoolie in a cyber kennel and confined him to only starting 1 thread a week (and restricted his participation to that thread only). 

    As you were...

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Glad to hear.  Now I don't have to start a thread about where else people reside beyond this board.

  • @hag2 said:

    Youre welcome!!! And Nope Zombo didn't make the cut ?

    So Zombo is now an undrafted free agent and is free to go wherever he wants to go,  good for him. 

    And  GO BROWNS !

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @mjp28 said:

    So Zombo is now an undrafted free agent and is free to go wherever he wants to go,  good for him. 

    And  GO BROWNS !

    Pending the Grand Jury's findings, if any... 😁

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I run a Kubernetes super cluster that hosts numerous of my open source projects. I'd be willing to help get it deployed/updated/maintained free of charge. 

  • I run a Kubernetes super cluster that hosts numerous of my open source projects. I'd be willing to help get it deployed/updated/maintained free of charge. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #37
  • I run a Kubernetes super cluster that hosts numerous of my open source projects. I'd be willing to help get it deployed/updated/maintained free of charge. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @bbedward said:

    I run a Kubernetes super cluster that hosts numerous of my open source projects. I'd be willing to help get it deployed/updated/maintained free of charge. 

    The 1985 me would wonder what alien language was being spoken..... oh hell, who am I kidding, the 2022 me wonders the same thing. 

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #39

    So @hoorta @Zombo, who is stepping up as mod? I want to know who I have to fake my friendliness 😛

    Thanks for your work and thanks to whoever donated!

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I haven't been involved on BB for awhile cuz life, but I still skulk around in the shadows sometimes.

    No idea how the BB is running now, but kubernetes would replace the existing infrastructure basically. If interested I could coordinate the migration and give access to a namespace where it runs in.

    Basically it would eliminate all of the maintenance and hosting requirements. Certificates auto renewed, database would be in the cluster, etc, etc. The cluster has like 100GB of ram and 16+ CPUs so running the invision board there is a drop in the bucket.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Didn't eds invent Linux? 

  • I haven't been involved on BB for awhile cuz life, but I still skulk around in the shadows sometimes.

    No idea how the BB is running now, but kubernetes would replace the existing infrastructure basically. If interested I could coordinate the migration and give access to a namespace where it runs in.

    Basically it would eliminate all of the maintenance and hosting requirements. Certificates auto renewed, database would be in the cluster, etc, etc. The cluster has like 100GB of ram and 16+ CPUs so running the invision board there is a drop in the bucket.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @bbedward said:

    I haven't been involved on BB for awhile cuz life, but I still skulk around in the shadows sometimes.

    No idea how the BB is running now, but kubernetes would replace the existing infrastructure basically. If interested I could coordinate the migration and give access to a namespace where it runs in.

    Basically it would eliminate all of the maintenance and hosting requirements. Certificates auto renewed, database would be in the cluster, etc, etc. The cluster has like 100GB of ram and 16+ CPUs so running the invision board there is a drop in the bucket.

    As far as I know the board will remain pretty much intact for at least the next year.

    WSS

  • WarrenDawgW WarrenDawg wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Thank you!!!

    I don't post much, but this place has been a support system for me for years!

  • Kathy, a big thanks for keeping things up and running for as long as you have.  It hasn't been just a Football Forum, along the way we've all created relationships with people that I truly count as my friends.  Yeah- my wife tells me on a regular basis I spend far too much time on the Board arguing Football with a lot of Browns fans, most of whom I've never met.  🙂 

    Hopefully, in the ensuing months you can find a computer geek who can keep the place up and running. And if not, as you say- life goes on.  

    Larry  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @hoorta said:

    Hopefully, in the ensuing months you can find a computer geek who can keep the place up and running. And if not, as you say- life goes on. 

    Adoption might be the cheapest route too any needed IT support. ⌨️

  • B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Glad 2 see it staying, my favorite outlet for Browns information. Not a huge poster, but do read alot of the posts. And some just for the constant banter, be it negative or positive. Because in the end were all Dawg fans.

  • Glad 2 see it staying, my favorite outlet for Browns information. Not a huge poster, but do read alot of the posts. And some just for the constant banter, be it negative or positive. Because in the end were all Dawg fans.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @blitzz2 said:

    Because in the end were all Dawg fans.

    Yup.... dammit!

  • @hoorta said:

    Hopefully, in the ensuing months you can find a computer geek who can keep the place up and running. And if not, as you say- life goes on. 

    Adoption might be the cheapest route too any needed IT support. ⌨️

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #47

    @tour2ma said:

    Adoption might be the cheapest route too any needed IT support. ⌨️

    So far the support staff at Invision has been very helpful. We ran the upgrade program which had not been done for like ever and as you noticed there were a lot of glitches. Hopefully they are starting to smooth out. Thanks to everyone for their patience.

    WSS

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #48

    It was a little rough yesterday, but the board looks really good today. Very clean look, I dig it. 

  • It was a little rough yesterday, but the board looks really good today. Very clean look, I dig it. 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @dutch-oven said:

    It was a little rough yesterday, but the board looks really good today. Very clean look, I dig it. 

    Yep, totally agree. Looks modern and is easy to navigate.... well done! 

  • alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
    #50

    This is fantastic news!!! Thank you dear awesome benefactor. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Same here Z...  The only reason I asked for Mod powers in the first place was because in my 2nd shift working years, I didn't log onto the Board until after midnight.  Some POed Jets fan decided to post some pretty vile porn to the site at 2AM, and there wasn't a thing I could do about it.  So I became the Night Watchman here. 

    BTW, there's more than a few folks here of the opinion I'm a lousy Moderator. So, MHO if we both "retire" we need someone(s) to wear the sheriff's badge(s). Mark has been pretty much MIA of late. I'm old enough to remember the absolute troll, flamebaiting, and spamming anarchy before the days of Moderation that USENET devolved into. Some may not know, but Ghoolie (Unchained) won the coveted "Kook of the Month" award there...  And the competition for the award was fierce with guys like Admiral Meowcat and  © Flame Giant around.  😁 There's one particularly obnoxious Baltimoron flamebaiter from the USENET days that I'd still like to punch in the mouth if I ever met him.   

    being a mod sucks I used to mod a you tube channel and while fun at times you cant let shit stand or the host can get fucked by the you tube nazis 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @atom said:

    being a mod sucks I used to mod a you tube channel and while fun at times you cant let shit stand or the host can get fucked by the you tube nazis 

    shut up ATOM

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Memories????

    20220502_092907.jpg