Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Barber Shop Talk
  3. New scam

New scam

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Barber Shop Talk
4 Posts 3 Posters 485 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #1

    Got one of these yesterday. It was reasonably clever. Didn't take more than a couple exchanges to figure out it was BS but I imagine some people could be suckered in by it.

    Text comes in say hi Orlando I'm in town for a few more days so if you wanted to get together I'd love to. No doubt they could use any fake name but the response will almost always be sorry you got the wrong number. The next text will be I'm so sorry to bother you this is really frustrating I think somebody gave me a fake phone number. Normal response would be sorry to hear it. Hope things work out. Scammer reply: thank you, it's nice to know that all men aren't jerks. Next text is a photograph obviously a selfie, of a reasonably attractive woman and something about she's stuck in town for a few days what's my name? At that point you know it's a scam and block the number. Area code was Portland by the way.

    I think you would have to be pretty stupid to go any further but I thought it was a clever scam. Now I wish I'd have kept it up to see exactly what they were fishing for.

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    ATOMA 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      Got one of these yesterday. It was reasonably clever. Didn't take more than a couple exchanges to figure out it was BS but I imagine some people could be suckered in by it.

      Text comes in say hi Orlando I'm in town for a few more days so if you wanted to get together I'd love to. No doubt they could use any fake name but the response will almost always be sorry you got the wrong number. The next text will be I'm so sorry to bother you this is really frustrating I think somebody gave me a fake phone number. Normal response would be sorry to hear it. Hope things work out. Scammer reply: thank you, it's nice to know that all men aren't jerks. Next text is a photograph obviously a selfie, of a reasonably attractive woman and something about she's stuck in town for a few days what's my name? At that point you know it's a scam and block the number. Area code was Portland by the way.

      I think you would have to be pretty stupid to go any further but I thought it was a clever scam. Now I wish I'd have kept it up to see exactly what they were fishing for.

      WSS

      ATOM ATOMA One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 657 Reputation
      ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @westside-steve said:

      Got one of these yesterday. It was reasonably clever. Didn't take more than a couple exchanges to figure out it was BS but I imagine some people could be suckered in by it.

      Text comes in say hi Orlando I'm in town for a few more days so if you wanted to get together I'd love to. No doubt they could use any fake name but the response will almost always be sorry you got the wrong number. The next text will be I'm so sorry to bother you this is really frustrating I think somebody gave me a fake phone number. Normal response would be sorry to hear it. Hope things work out. Scammer reply: thank you, it's nice to know that all men aren't jerks. Next text is a photograph obviously a selfie, of a reasonably attractive woman and something about she's stuck in town for a few days what's my name? At that point you know it's a scam and block the number. Area code was Portland by the way.

      I think you would have to be pretty stupid to go any further but I thought it was a clever scam. Now I wish I'd have kept it up to see exactly what they were fishing for.

      WSS

      Portland ? want me man

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 10k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I’ve said this on here before

        I get calls and texts all the time for “Mike”

        I tell them they have the wrong number and my name isn’t “Mike”

        They say they have the correct number, but the wrong name 

        I have had the same cell number for over 20 years. No one has ever had it named “Mike”

        "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
        W 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Browns149B Browns149

          I’ve said this on here before

          I get calls and texts all the time for “Mike”

          I tell them they have the wrong number and my name isn’t “Mike”

          They say they have the correct number, but the wrong name 

          I have had the same cell number for over 20 years. No one has ever had it named “Mike”

          Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 39k Posts
          • 9k Reputation
          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @browns149 said:

          I’ve said this on here before

          I get calls and texts all the time for “Mike”

          I tell them they have the wrong number and my name isn’t “Mike”

          They say they have the correct number, but the wrong name 

          I have had the same cell number for over 20 years. No one has ever had it named “Mike”

          I've had a couple of similar phone calls asking for somebody other than me when I say they have the wrong number they will continue I wonder if you can help me... they will have some sort of an offer they wanted to give to the fake guy and wondered if I was interested.

          WSS

          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Theme
          • System
          • Light
          • Dark
          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Forums
          • Recent
          • Popular
          • Users
          • Donate