Skip to content

The Washington Football Team Selects A New Name

The Browns Board
29 16 1.1k 1
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #2

    I look forward to their PR photos with Russell Crowe, Daniel Snyder, and some unfortunate guy in the uniform for their cross-promotion with the 2003 naval war movie Master And Commander.

    That movie was one of the most accurate representations of naval warfare ever made.. the fighting and tactics of that period are very much on point.

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Dumb name.

    Almost right up there with Guardians, but not quite.

    Commander is an officer rank in the Navy. The Washington Admirals sounds much better to me.

    Maybe they should have chosen a name like Homesteaders to continue to symbolize the rivalry with the Cowboys.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    So the shortened nickname will be Commies?

    Actually, that whole damn division, NFC East are commies.

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by
    #5

    The Washington Generals lost 16,000 games to the Globetrotters so they picked the closest name they could get.

  • Dumb name.

    Almost right up there with Guardians, but not quite.

    Commander is an officer rank in the Navy. The Washington Admirals sounds much better to me.

    Maybe they should have chosen a name like Homesteaders to continue to symbolize the rivalry with the Cowboys.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @gorka said:

    Dumb name.

    Almost right up there with Guardians, but not quite.

    Commander is an officer rank in the Navy. The Washington Admirals sounds much better to me.

    Maybe they should have chosen a name like Homesteaders to continue to symbolize the rivalry with the Cowboys.

    I liked WFT, and it was in the running...   

    Guardians blows.... And Dolan is a puss for changing the name... IMHO, Indians is no more racist than Chiefs, Blackhawks, or Seminoles...  I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I know several folks up in Cleveland who turned in their Wahoo cards over the name change.  

    It's been mentioned elsewhere, this up in arms "racist" crap is from a minute contingent of radical Native Americans.   

  • Dumb name.

    Almost right up there with Guardians, but not quite.

    Commander is an officer rank in the Navy. The Washington Admirals sounds much better to me.

    Maybe they should have chosen a name like Homesteaders to continue to symbolize the rivalry with the Cowboys.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @gorka said:

    Dumb name.

    Almost right up there with Guardians, but not quite.

    Commander is an officer rank in the Navy. The Washington Admirals sounds much better to me.

    Maybe they should have chosen a name like Homesteaders to continue to symbolize the rivalry with the Cowboys.

    I don't think Washington fans would care for the Naval Academy's mascot though....  😁  

    Navy - United States Naval Academy Midshipmen - mascot Billy the Goat  XXXIII | Army navy football, Navy football, United states naval academy

  • @gorka said:

    Dumb name.

    Almost right up there with Guardians, but not quite.

    Commander is an officer rank in the Navy. The Washington Admirals sounds much better to me.

    Maybe they should have chosen a name like Homesteaders to continue to symbolize the rivalry with the Cowboys.

    I don't think Washington fans would care for the Naval Academy's mascot though....  😁  

    Navy - United States Naval Academy Midshipmen - mascot Billy the Goat  XXXIII | Army navy football, Navy football, United states naval academy

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @hoorta said:

    I don't think Washington fans would care for the Naval Academy's mascot though....  😁  

    Navy - United States Naval Academy Midshipmen - mascot Billy the Goat  XXXIII | Army navy football, Navy football, United states naval academy

    The mascot has a higher IQ than many DC denizens and politicians

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I'm offended!  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I was pretty 'eh' on the name Guardians at first, but it's starting to grow on me.

    Mostly because nothing is more entertaining than seeing old white guys throw a fit over not getting their way. Never fails to amuse me. 

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #11

    i like the W on the helmet

  • i like the W on the helmet

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @atom said:

    i like the W on the helmet

    It stands for

    WET

    ASS

    PUSSY!

  • @atom said:

    i like the W on the helmet

    It stands for

    WET

    ASS

    PUSSY!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @nickers said:

    It stands for

    WET

    ASS

    PUSSY!

    A Cardi B song? ?

  • I was pretty 'eh' on the name Guardians at first, but it's starting to grow on me.

    Mostly because nothing is more entertaining than seeing old white guys throw a fit over not getting their way. Never fails to amuse me. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mostly because nothing is more entertaining than seeing old white guys throw a fit over not getting their way. Never fails to amuse me. 

    I see you been visiting the trumplethinskin poliboard again.?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Think of the cross-promotions with Marvel.. The official football team of the Guardians of the Galaxy!

  • Think of the cross-promotions with Marvel.. The official football team of the Guardians of the Galaxy!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @unsympathetic said:

    Think of the cross-promotions with Marvel.. The official football team of the Guardians of the Galaxy!

    LOL, I was WAY ahead of you there, as soon as the name was announced.... Guardians new mascot...  Rocket Racoon... 😁 😁 😁  

    Guardians of the Galaxy's Real-Life Rocket Raccoon Model Has Died

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #17

    Wait a minute!... I got it!!..... The Washington Tampons!!

    Tampons!.png

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So stupid to change these names because they hurt some peoples feelings 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

  • What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @orion said:

    What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

    They could've opted to put a "New Red Potato" on the side of the helmet lol...

  • @orion said:

    What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

    They could've opted to put a "New Red Potato" on the side of the helmet lol...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    They could've opted to put a "New Red Potato" on the side of the helmet lol...

    I guess they figured, the Generals and the Senators were already used....and apparently it had to be something political or military.