Skip to content

The Washington Football Team Selects A New Name

The Browns Board
29 16 1.1k 1
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    So stupid to change these names because they hurt some peoples feelings 

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #19

    What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

  • What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @orion said:

    What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

    They could've opted to put a "New Red Potato" on the side of the helmet lol...

  • @orion said:

    What would've been wrong with the Red Wolves?  A wolf head to work with for a logo.  (this was said today on 92 The Fan)  A guy I know is a life-long Redskins fans.  Redskins everything in his man cave.  I asked him as part of a Birthday facebook wish, What do you think of the new nickname?  -  He hasn't responded.   

    They could've opted to put a "New Red Potato" on the side of the helmet lol...

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    They could've opted to put a "New Red Potato" on the side of the helmet lol...

    I guess they figured, the Generals and the Senators were already used....and apparently it had to be something political or military.  

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by SkippinTurtles
    #22

    I saw Eric Turner and Sean Taylor.  The new NFL is trending toward Arena football.  Call every team the San Jose SaberCats.  Minimal contact.  Yeah for Giselle and Tom Brady.  Trans community in one family.. Todays touch football.  Yuck.

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Personally I would have liked to see them named the Washington Veterans. It would pay homage to the people who gave their lives for this country and the ones who served and are serving right now, plus Arlington National Cemetery is in D.C.  Don't know is Veterans was on the list for possible names?

  • N Neo

    Personally I would have liked to see them named the Washington Veterans. It would pay homage to the people who gave their lives for this country and the ones who served and are serving right now, plus Arlington National Cemetery is in D.C.  Don't know is Veterans was on the list for possible names?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @neo said:

    Personally I would have liked to see them named the Washington Veterans. It would pay homage to the people who gave their lives for this country and the ones who served and are serving right now, plus Arlington National Cemetery is in D.C.  Don't know is Veterans was on the list for possible names?

    But of course Goodell the beta wimp asshole dropped the ball... Again as did team owner Dan Snyder...

  • N Neo

    Personally I would have liked to see them named the Washington Veterans. It would pay homage to the people who gave their lives for this country and the ones who served and are serving right now, plus Arlington National Cemetery is in D.C.  Don't know is Veterans was on the list for possible names?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @neo said:

    Personally I would have liked to see them named the Washington Veterans. It would pay homage to the people who gave their lives for this country and the ones who served and are serving right now, plus Arlington National Cemetery is in D.C.  Don't know is Veterans was on the list for possible names?

    Arlington National Cemetery is in Virginia.

  • @neo said:

    Personally I would have liked to see them named the Washington Veterans. It would pay homage to the people who gave their lives for this country and the ones who served and are serving right now, plus Arlington National Cemetery is in D.C.  Don't know is Veterans was on the list for possible names?

    Arlington National Cemetery is in Virginia.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by Neo
    #26

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Arlington National Cemetery is in Virginia.

    My bad. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is. Washington Veterans would still be a cool name.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Finally heard from my buddy the life-long Redskins fan.  He said, "It sucks!"   He says they shoulda' just left it as Football Team.  I suggested Football Club.  

    I liked Red Barons....but of course, the Red Baron was on the 'other' side.

  • @nickers said:

    It stands for

    WET

    ASS

    PUSSY!

    A Cardi B song? ?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @dutch-oven said:

    A Cardi B song? ?

    Oh my bad the big Dubya stands for "WOKE"

  • N Neo

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Arlington National Cemetery is in Virginia.

    My bad. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is. Washington Veterans would still be a cool name.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @neo said:

    My bad. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is. Washington Veterans would still be a cool name.

    Except for the absurdity of being a rookie on the veterans.