Skip to content

Hue Jackson clarifies comments he was paid to lose with Cleveland Browns

The Browns Board
89 24 3.6k 1
  • @unsympathetic said:

    His career was over before he filed it because he won too much.. that's why he did it.  Thinking his career is over only now is missing the reality.. 

    Everyone prefers a comfortable lie to a complicated and often discomforting truth.

    So, are you claiming NFL ownership is racist to the core? That black coaches only get fired because they're the wrong color?  

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #54

    @hoorta said:

    So, are you claiming NFL ownership is racist to the core? That black coaches only get fired because they're the wrong color?  

    Only two logical fallacies in one post? You can cram more into your trolling than that - I believe in you!

    For color, I suggest mimolette cheese. The color comes from the annato used during the aging process.

  • @hoorta said:

    So, are you claiming NFL ownership is racist to the core? That black coaches only get fired because they're the wrong color?  

    Only two logical fallacies in one post? You can cram more into your trolling than that - I believe in you!

    For color, I suggest mimolette cheese. The color comes from the annato used during the aging process.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @unsympathetic said:

    Only two logical fallacies in one post? You can cram more into your trolling than that - I believe in you!

    For color, I suggest mimolette cheese. The color comes from the annato used during the aging process.

    LOL, exactly who's doing the trolling? If you want to be the #1 Flores apologist, have at it.  You apparently can't even distinguish between simple questions.  A yes or no would have sufficed, not going off on a Cal tangent. Did Flores get a bum deal? Yup... However, I'm not the one who's all butthurt about a  guy who made more money in a few years than I did in a lifetime, like you apparently are....   

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Hue Jackson is like catching herpes. Once you get him, you have him for life. And he pops up every year or two to make your life a living hell for a little while. 

  • Hue Jackson is like catching herpes. Once you get him, you have him for life. And he pops up every year or two to make your life a living hell for a little while. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    Hue Jackson is like catching herpes. Once you get him, you have him for life. And he pops up every year or two to make your life a living hell for a little while. 

    So you have a problem with using your first timeout before the first play of the game? No bonehead would ever do that!!??

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

  • Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @bob806 said:

    Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

    I wonder if RGIII still supports Hue’s claim? ?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #60

    4EC9A61B-BD83-4C71-ADA2-600000B2A69D.jpeg

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #61

    In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme to rip off trucking businesses for millions upon millions of dollars? And if I recall correctly, Jimmy was masterful at pointing fingers at everyone below him at Flying J during that investigation into HIS business.

    Jimmy and Hue deserved each other. 

  • Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    @bob806 said:

    Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

    Oh sorry Jimmy, I just tanked for you because you wanted to fire me. Make sense?? 

    "Oh, about as much as anything you said during your whole tenure and since."-JH

  • In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme to rip off trucking businesses for millions upon millions of dollars? And if I recall correctly, Jimmy was masterful at pointing fingers at everyone below him at Flying J during that investigation into HIS business.

    Jimmy and Hue deserved each other. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @dutch-oven said:

    In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme to rip off trucking businesses for millions upon millions of dollars? And if I recall correctly, Jimmy was masterful at pointing fingers at everyone below him at Flying J during that investigation into HIS business.

    Jimmy and Hue deserved each other. 

    Yep, Jimmy appears to have settled down but he certainly can't be trusted either.

  • @bob806 said:

    Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

    Oh sorry Jimmy, I just tanked for you because you wanted to fire me. Make sense?? 

    "Oh, about as much as anything you said during your whole tenure and since."-JH

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @texasag1969 said:

    Oh sorry Jimmy, I just tanked for you because you wanted to fire me. Make sense?? 

    "Oh, about as much as anything you said during your whole tenure and since."-JH

    Hue and Jimmuh both need serious counseling

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #65

    https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-tells-cnn-he-was-not-paid-to-lose-games/

    I guess his being an arrogant incompetent got the best of him.

    Just read it.

    Very very odd. He is the HC at Grambling. I guess no other NFL team would put up with him at this point.

  • Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @bob806 said:

    Hue Jackson walks back Browns accusation: 'I was never offered money' to lose
    https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2292271

    Well well.....

    I’m trying to figure out why his name is back in the headlines…but for 24 hours NFL executives, players and enthusiasts were reminded he was terrible.  Again he’s back and getting attention.

    When you go 0-16…and claim you were offered but weren’t bought.  Thank you for reminding us all about the mistake the Browns made hiring you.  But we know Haslem didn’t have buy those loses Hue contributed mightily to all those loses without an offer of payment 

  • https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-tells-cnn-he-was-not-paid-to-lose-games/

    I guess his being an arrogant incompetent got the best of him.

    Just read it.

    Very very odd. He is the HC at Grambling. I guess no other NFL team would put up with him at this point.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @calfoxwc said:

    https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-tells-cnn-he-was-not-paid-to-lose-games/

    I guess his being an arrogant incompetent got the best of him.

    Just read it.

    Very very odd. He is the HC at Grambling. I guess no other NFL team would put up with him at this point.

    If it walks like a duck and talks like a ,then it must just be quackers. This guy always quacks me up with his nonsense.??

  • @unsympathetic said:

    If you actually believed in not litigating humanity or kindness.. then you'd be either supporting this lawsuit because you were "shocked" or you wouldn't have a position - because the lawsuit from Flores explicitly does not do what you claimed.

    But don't let facts stop you when you can entertain yourself and others with fun lies!

    Jeez, so now I'm a liar. 

    I really don't know what you're trying to prove here. I wrote nothing controversial whatsoever, and made no claims. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @bob806 said:

    Jeez, so now I'm a liar. 

    ...this would be why that guy is on my ignore list.

  • In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme to rip off trucking businesses for millions upon millions of dollars? And if I recall correctly, Jimmy was masterful at pointing fingers at everyone below him at Flying J during that investigation into HIS business.

    Jimmy and Hue deserved each other. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @dutch-oven said:

    In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme

    Yup.  Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.  

    But by the same token,  Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago.  It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no?  It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme

    Yup.  Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.  

    But by the same token,  Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago.  It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no?  It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @orion said:

    Yup.  Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.  

    But by the same token,  Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago.  It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no?  It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.

    Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games.

    Hue needs to never speak of his time here again, and Jimmy needs to shut the hell up about "taking responsibility'. 

  • @orion said:

    Yup.  Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.  

    But by the same token,  Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago.  It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no?  It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.

    Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games.

    Hue needs to never speak of his time here again, and Jimmy needs to shut the hell up about "taking responsibility'. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @dutch-oven said:

    Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games

    ...that figures.  But does he still claim that he was offered money?  (that he did not accept)  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games

    ...that figures.  But does he still claim that he was offered money?  (that he did not accept)  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @orion said:

    ...that figures.  But does he still claim that he was offered money?  (that he did not accept)  

    He says he was not. 

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/hue-jackson-says-browns-didnt-pay-him-to-lose-games?fbclid=IwAR3KKyz2xdkS3AKCubA4x6CLa0iQeFJodRadEUOgzthAQoYIgsqjPO112B0

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #73

    Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling.  In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team.  No shirt with logo.  No background logo, no nothing.  

    That says it all, as if we didn't know.  Hue is a narcissistic person.  Screw him.  If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move.  He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.