Hue Jackson clarifies comments he was paid to lose with Cleveland Browns
-
https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-tells-cnn-he-was-not-paid-to-lose-games/
I guess his being an arrogant incompetent got the best of him.
Just read it.
Very very odd. He is the HC at Grambling. I guess no other NFL team would put up with him at this point.
https://www.brownsnation.com/hue-jackson-tells-cnn-he-was-not-paid-to-lose-games/
I guess his being an arrogant incompetent got the best of him.
Just read it.
Very very odd. He is the HC at Grambling. I guess no other NFL team would put up with him at this point.
If it walks like a duck and talks like a ,then it must just be quackers. This guy always quacks me up with his nonsense.??
-
If you actually believed in not litigating humanity or kindness.. then you'd be either supporting this lawsuit because you were "shocked" or you wouldn't have a position - because the lawsuit from Flores explicitly does not do what you claimed.
But don't let facts stop you when you can entertain yourself and others with fun lies!
Jeez, so now I'm a liar.
I really don't know what you're trying to prove here. I wrote nothing controversial whatsoever, and made no claims.
-
In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme to rip off trucking businesses for millions upon millions of dollars? And if I recall correctly, Jimmy was masterful at pointing fingers at everyone below him at Flying J during that investigation into HIS business.
Jimmy and Hue deserved each other.
In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme
Yup. Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.
But by the same token, Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago. It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no? It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.
-
In a related note, did Jimmy Haslam ever accept any responsibility for the Flying J scheme
Yup. Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.
But by the same token, Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago. It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no? It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.
Yup. Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.
But by the same token, Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago. It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no? It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.
Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games.
Hue needs to never speak of his time here again, and Jimmy needs to shut the hell up about "taking responsibility'.
-
Yup. Him and the janitor were the only two that didn't know what was going on.
But by the same token, Hue was trying to get a book published a little bit ago. It might have helped the idea along if he came out with the, "I was bribed to lose games", thing back then, no? It just seems that he was venting a while ago and didn't mention this 'til now.
Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games.
Hue needs to never speak of his time here again, and Jimmy needs to shut the hell up about "taking responsibility'.
Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games
...that figures. But does he still claim that he was offered money? (that he did not accept)
-
Well Hue has now back-pedaled and said that the Browns did not pay him extra to lose games
...that figures. But does he still claim that he was offered money? (that he did not accept)
...that figures. But does he still claim that he was offered money? (that he did not accept)
He says he was not.
-
Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling. In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team. No shirt with logo. No background logo, no nothing.
That says it all, as if we didn't know. Hue is a narcissistic person. Screw him. If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move. He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.
-
Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling. In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team. No shirt with logo. No background logo, no nothing.
That says it all, as if we didn't know. Hue is a narcissistic person. Screw him. If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move. He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.
Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling. In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team. No shirt with logo. No background logo, no nothing.
That says it all, as if we didn't know. Hue is a narcissistic person. Screw him. If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move. He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.
It's become clear Hue has serious mental issues... Being insecure has to be right at the top...
-
Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling. In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team. No shirt with logo. No background logo, no nothing.
That says it all, as if we didn't know. Hue is a narcissistic person. Screw him. If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move. He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.
Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling. In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team. No shirt with logo. No background logo, no nothing.
That says it all, as if we didn't know. Hue is a narcissistic person. Screw him. If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move. He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.
If I was the AD of Grambling I'd be thrilled he didn't promote my team while making a complete ass of himself.
If I was Brian Flores I'd privately call Hue and tell him to shut the hell up regarding Flores' situation, too. Hue is the last person you want on your side.
-
...that figures. But does he still claim that he was offered money? (that he did not accept)
He says he was not.
He says he was not.
Then why did he say he was? What a freakin' dope!
-
He says he was not.
Then why did he say he was? What a freakin' dope!
-
Hue Jackson clarifies comments he was paid to lose with Cleveland Browns
Former Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson backtracks in saying that he was not paid to lose games by his former employer.
Hue Jackson repositions his comments by saying he was not paid money to lose games as the former head coach of the Cleveland Browns.
“No, I was never offered money like Brian (Flores) had mentioned,” said Jackson to CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Friday night. “I think this is a totally different situation but has some similarities.”
Jackson’s initial comments about the matter came in the wake of the Brian Flores lawsuit with the NFL. Flores is suing the NFL for racial discrimination in their hiring practices of head-coaching candidates like himself. One bombshell in the lawsuit was him alleging Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross offered to pay him $100,000 per loss as the head coach of the 2019 team.
Jackson was in a similar situation when he was the head coach in Cleveland. He went 1-31 in his first two years on the job. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam fired Jackson midway through his third year leading the team in 2018. His record was 3-36-1 during his tenure with the Browns. Jackson is now the head coach of the Grambling State Tigers, a job he was hired to do back in December.
Overall, Jackson’s previous comments about being paid to lose only hurt Flores’ impending lawsuit.
Hue Jackson clarifies his comments about Cleveland Browns paying him to lose
While there is no doubt that the Browns were tanking during Jackson’s run as their head coach, the team got immediately better once defensive coordinator Gregg Williams took over for him in the interim. Along with offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens, the Browns entered the 2019 NFL season with a great deal of promise. Of course, that year was a disaster, but 2020 was way better.
While it remains to be seen what happens in Flores’ lawsuit with the NFL, an unintended consequence of the lawsuit could result in Ross losing ownership of his team. With sports gambling becoming increasingly more mainstream in the United States, having an owner who is trying to manipulate the outcome of games is an offense that could result in immediate expulsion.
Jackson may have clarified his comments to Anderson Cooper, but the damage is already done.
-
Apparently we need another thread about this?
-
hue blew - was hired as Tenn.'s OC, they only won five games, hue didn't last a year -
until jumping to Grambling as HC. whatever, don't really care.
-
Hue was recently named the head coach at Grambling. In these interviews he didn't do a darn thing to promote his new team. No shirt with logo. No background logo, no nothing.
That says it all, as if we didn't know. Hue is a narcissistic person. Screw him. If I was the AD at Grambling, I would confront Hue over that move. He was acting like he is embarrassed to be their head coach.
If I was the AD of Grambling I'd be thrilled he didn't promote my team while making a complete ass of himself.
If I was Brian Flores I'd privately call Hue and tell him to shut the hell up regarding Flores' situation, too. Hue is the last person you want on your side.
If I was the AD of Grambling I'd be thrilled he didn't promote my team while making a complete ass of himself.
If I was Brian Flores I'd privately call Hue and tell him to shut the hell up regarding Flores' situation, too. Hue is the last person you want on your side.
LOL...well, I guess you do have a point.
-
hue blew - was hired as Tenn.'s OC, they only won five games, hue didn't last a year -
until jumping to Grambling as HC. whatever, don't really care.
hue blew - was hired as Tenn.'s OC, they only won five games, hue didn't last a year -
until jumping to Grambling as HC. whatever, don't really care.
To be clear, that was Tn. State, a small school in Nashville. As a 46 year resident of the Volunteer State, Tn. in football means the Volunteers of the SEC or Titans of the NFL. TN. State is as unknown to us as it is to most everybody else. Again, just to clarify.
-
hue blew - was hired as Tenn.'s OC, they only won five games, hue didn't last a year -
until jumping to Grambling as HC. whatever, don't really care.
To be clear, that was Tn. State, a small school in Nashville. As a 46 year resident of the Volunteer State, Tn. in football means the Volunteers of the SEC or Titans of the NFL. TN. State is as unknown to us as it is to most everybody else. Again, just to clarify.
To be clear, that was Tn. State, a small school in Nashville. As a 46 year resident of the Volunteer State, Tn. in football means the Volunteers of the SEC or Titans of the NFL. TN. State is as unknown to us as it is to most everybody else. Again, just to clarify.
Cal's political takes have to be gold.
We had to inform him that Roethlisberger played at Miami of Ohio, not Miami of Florida, too.
-
Honest mistakes can be made.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
