NFL Combine
-
I have the week off work and will likely be checking in at points to watch while I catch up on some person stuff.
Don't forget we have a BB discord if anyone wants to link up and bullshit over what we're watching.
-
Thursday and Saturday seem like very important days.
does anyone have a list of the guys opting out (protesting) the combine?
-
I think that if I were one of the top QB's, I wouldn't throw at the combine. The receivers are receivers that you don't have a feel for. You can't possibly throw to your potential. Throw at your pro day.
I like the gauntlet. Emanuel Sanders ran the smoothest gauntlet I've ever seen. I was pissed when the Steelers drafted him. And he's gone on to play for just about every team except us
I'm gonna have to miss Thursday's broadcast...
-
Ohio State's Chris Olave ran a 4.26 yesterday at the Combine.
-
Ohio State's Chris Olave ran a 4.26 yesterday at the Combine.
Ohio State's Chris Olave ran a 4.26 yesterday at the Combine.
Garrett Wilson followed up with a 4.37.
Good lord...
-
I wish both Wilson and Olave were 6'3"....like Michael Thomas.
Don't really know what difference it would make, outside
of being a slightly bigger target.
-
Olave "official" 40 time is 4.39.
Still moving.
-
-
Which if i were Olave I'd be absolutely pissed-how do we still have this happening. that tenth of a second mistake may very cost him millions of dollars.
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
-
Which if i were Olave I'd be absolutely pissed-how do we still have this happening. that tenth of a second mistake may very cost him millions of dollars.
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
Unless I'm mistaken, the 40 yard dash is still started by someone using their stop watch (for the unofficial). I guess a lot of teams still use that for their measuring too. We've had the tech to measure the start for over a decade and the NFL (most likely the scouts) just refuse to adjust. It's just really unfortunate when tenths of a second cause impact these young men's live so significantly.
In any case, man Wilson just looks so polished out there. Watching Ohio State frequently, as much as I think Olave is going to be a great pro I think Wilson has that Chase, Jefferson potential to impact the game. On the other hand, the WR class is so deep there's bound to be some 2nd round steal potential.
-
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
Unless I'm mistaken, the 40 yard dash is still started by someone using their stop watch (for the unofficial). I guess a lot of teams still use that for their measuring too. We've had the tech to measure the start for over a decade and the NFL (most likely the scouts) just refuse to adjust. It's just really unfortunate when tenths of a second cause impact these young men's live so significantly.
In any case, man Wilson just looks so polished out there. Watching Ohio State frequently, as much as I think Olave is going to be a great pro I think Wilson has that Chase, Jefferson potential to impact the game. On the other hand, the WR class is so deep there's bound to be some 2nd round steal potential.
Unless I'm mistaken, the 40 yard dash is still started by someone using their stop watch (for the unofficial). I guess a lot of teams still use that for their measuring too. We've had the tech to measure the start for over a decade and the NFL (most likely the scouts) just refuse to adjust. It's just really unfortunate when tenths of a second cause impact these young men's live so significantly.
In any case, man Wilson just looks so polished out there. Watching Ohio State frequently, as much as I think Olave is going to be a great pro I think Wilson has that Chase, Jefferson potential to impact the game. On the other hand, the WR class is so deep there's bound to be some 2nd round steal potential.
That's my initial thinking, especially in a value driven league. This class has depth like very few have in the last decade. (At least on paper)
There will absolutely been great talent around in the 2nd round. Would I like a taller, faster target on the outside like Wilson in the 1st? Of course. But would I take Olave' in the 2nd and be just as happy? Damn straight.
I've been high on tOSU receivers since Hartline took over. He takes physically gifted athletes and completes their transformation into well round receivers. The little subtleties of route running, hand positioning, emphasizing maximizing your catch radius, etc etc. If not for Chase and Jefferson, Buckeyes would be WRU in the NFL right now. But if Olave', Wilson, JSN, Marvin Harrison Jr all go pro and start with solid careers, it will be easy to bestow that title back to tOSU.
-
Unless I'm mistaken, the 40 yard dash is still started by someone using their stop watch (for the unofficial). I guess a lot of teams still use that for their measuring too. We've had the tech to measure the start for over a decade and the NFL (most likely the scouts) just refuse to adjust. It's just really unfortunate when tenths of a second cause impact these young men's live so significantly.
In any case, man Wilson just looks so polished out there. Watching Ohio State frequently, as much as I think Olave is going to be a great pro I think Wilson has that Chase, Jefferson potential to impact the game. On the other hand, the WR class is so deep there's bound to be some 2nd round steal potential.
That's my initial thinking, especially in a value driven league. This class has depth like very few have in the last decade. (At least on paper)
There will absolutely been great talent around in the 2nd round. Would I like a taller, faster target on the outside like Wilson in the 1st? Of course. But would I take Olave' in the 2nd and be just as happy? Damn straight.
I've been high on tOSU receivers since Hartline took over. He takes physically gifted athletes and completes their transformation into well round receivers. The little subtleties of route running, hand positioning, emphasizing maximizing your catch radius, etc etc. If not for Chase and Jefferson, Buckeyes would be WRU in the NFL right now. But if Olave', Wilson, JSN, Marvin Harrison Jr all go pro and start with solid careers, it will be easy to bestow that title back to tOSU.
I've been high on tOSU receivers since Hartline took over. He takes physically gifted athletes and completes their transformation into well round receivers. The little subtleties of route running, hand positioning, emphasizing maximizing your catch radius, etc etc. If not for Chase and Jefferson, Buckeyes would be WRU in the NFL right now. But if Olave', Wilson, JSN, Marvin Harrison Jr all go pro and start with solid careers, it will be easy to bestow that title back to tOSU.
So true. One thing that blew me away in watching the Utah vs OSU game was how late the hands were for all those dudes out there. Showing late hands on deep routes is such a tough but flashy skill at the pro level. JSN and Harrison Jr. look like studs out there, and I'll very much say any success Jameson Williams has should be lumped in too.
-
Baker will be the starter next year you betcha.
Meanwhile, the comparisons between Wilson and Chase sure seem to be legit.
and Wilson is huge on being paired with Baker...again.
https://www.brownsnation.com/garrett-wilson-would-like-to-reunite-with-baker-mayfield/
“Baker’s my guy,” Wilson said at the NFL Combine. “He was always a little older than me and he would come back and he coached 7-on-7. During the quarantine, we actually threw together a couple times. So I know that Baker’s a great player, and we have a good relationship.”
-
I've been high on tOSU receivers since Hartline took over. He takes physically gifted athletes and completes their transformation into well round receivers. The little subtleties of route running, hand positioning, emphasizing maximizing your catch radius, etc etc. If not for Chase and Jefferson, Buckeyes would be WRU in the NFL right now. But if Olave', Wilson, JSN, Marvin Harrison Jr all go pro and start with solid careers, it will be easy to bestow that title back to tOSU.
So true. One thing that blew me away in watching the Utah vs OSU game was how late the hands were for all those dudes out there. Showing late hands on deep routes is such a tough but flashy skill at the pro level. JSN and Harrison Jr. look like studs out there, and I'll very much say any success Jameson Williams has should be lumped in too.
So true. One thing that blew me away in watching the Utah vs OSU game was how late the hands were for all those dudes out there. Showing late hands on deep routes is such a tough but flashy skill at the pro level. JSN and Harrison Jr. look like studs out there, and I'll very much say any success Jameson Williams has should be lumped in too.
A lot of DB coaches are telling these young corners to play hands and almost getting rid of look and lean. Telling to fight at the point of contact and go for PBU's instead of INT's. I guess at the risk of trying to avoid flags. You're essentially asking your WR to have strong hands and to have your CB's "box" when ball flight arrives.
This comes into play when you mention "showing hands" late. It's a high level skill set coached and developed specifically to combat what some of these DB coaches are teaching. Helps to prevent them from timing the catch.
-
Which if i were Olave I'd be absolutely pissed-how do we still have this happening. that tenth of a second mistake may very cost him millions of dollars.
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
I agree. All of the unofficial 40s coming out seemed waaaay too fast compared to normal. It's fair to think players are getting faster but it seemed excessive.
I wonder if the NFL is pimping artificially high 40s on purpose to build buzz
-
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
I agree. All of the unofficial 40s coming out seemed waaaay too fast compared to normal. It's fair to think players are getting faster but it seemed excessive.
I wonder if the NFL is pimping artificially high 40s on purpose to build buzz
I agree. All of the unofficial 40s coming out seemed waaaay too fast compared to normal. It's fair to think players are getting faster but it seemed excessive.
I wonder if the NFL is pimping artificially high 40s on purpose to build buzz
I've felt the same way regarding MLB and their radar guns on pitches.
-
Jordan Davis 341 pounds with 4.78 40. Wowza.
-
Jordan Davis 341 pounds with 4.78 40. Wowza.
Jordan Davis 341 pounds with 4.78 40. Wowza.
wow.
-
A guy like Davis changes a D. He won't be a great pass rusher because he will always be double teamed. That will free somebody up and he will really stack up the middle on the run. I like him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login