NFL Combine
-
Baker will be the starter next year you betcha.
Meanwhile, the comparisons between Wilson and Chase sure seem to be legit.
and Wilson is huge on being paired with Baker...again.
https://www.brownsnation.com/garrett-wilson-would-like-to-reunite-with-baker-mayfield/
“Baker’s my guy,” Wilson said at the NFL Combine. “He was always a little older than me and he would come back and he coached 7-on-7. During the quarantine, we actually threw together a couple times. So I know that Baker’s a great player, and we have a good relationship.”
-
I've been high on tOSU receivers since Hartline took over. He takes physically gifted athletes and completes their transformation into well round receivers. The little subtleties of route running, hand positioning, emphasizing maximizing your catch radius, etc etc. If not for Chase and Jefferson, Buckeyes would be WRU in the NFL right now. But if Olave', Wilson, JSN, Marvin Harrison Jr all go pro and start with solid careers, it will be easy to bestow that title back to tOSU.
So true. One thing that blew me away in watching the Utah vs OSU game was how late the hands were for all those dudes out there. Showing late hands on deep routes is such a tough but flashy skill at the pro level. JSN and Harrison Jr. look like studs out there, and I'll very much say any success Jameson Williams has should be lumped in too.
So true. One thing that blew me away in watching the Utah vs OSU game was how late the hands were for all those dudes out there. Showing late hands on deep routes is such a tough but flashy skill at the pro level. JSN and Harrison Jr. look like studs out there, and I'll very much say any success Jameson Williams has should be lumped in too.
A lot of DB coaches are telling these young corners to play hands and almost getting rid of look and lean. Telling to fight at the point of contact and go for PBU's instead of INT's. I guess at the risk of trying to avoid flags. You're essentially asking your WR to have strong hands and to have your CB's "box" when ball flight arrives.
This comes into play when you mention "showing hands" late. It's a high level skill set coached and developed specifically to combat what some of these DB coaches are teaching. Helps to prevent them from timing the catch.
-
Which if i were Olave I'd be absolutely pissed-how do we still have this happening. that tenth of a second mistake may very cost him millions of dollars.
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
I agree. All of the unofficial 40s coming out seemed waaaay too fast compared to normal. It's fair to think players are getting faster but it seemed excessive.
I wonder if the NFL is pimping artificially high 40s on purpose to build buzz
-
Good question, one I don't have the answer for. However he's still in the 4.3's, so maybe a couple draft spots compared to where he might* have gone at 4.26.
I knew something was weird yesterday, I kept getting notifications about all these receivers running 4.2's and I kept looking at my phone in pure confusion? Like, either this might be the most athletic receiving class in history or somebody fucked up somewhere.
I agree. All of the unofficial 40s coming out seemed waaaay too fast compared to normal. It's fair to think players are getting faster but it seemed excessive.
I wonder if the NFL is pimping artificially high 40s on purpose to build buzz
I agree. All of the unofficial 40s coming out seemed waaaay too fast compared to normal. It's fair to think players are getting faster but it seemed excessive.
I wonder if the NFL is pimping artificially high 40s on purpose to build buzz
I've felt the same way regarding MLB and their radar guns on pitches.
-
Jordan Davis 341 pounds with 4.78 40. Wowza.
-
Jordan Davis 341 pounds with 4.78 40. Wowza.
Jordan Davis 341 pounds with 4.78 40. Wowza.
wow.
-
A guy like Davis changes a D. He won't be a great pass rusher because he will always be double teamed. That will free somebody up and he will really stack up the middle on the run. I like him.
-
I have a feeling, and almost always have a feeling regarding this situation, that if the Browns took Davis with the #13 overall pick in two years we'd all be saying:
"Why did we take a decent run-stuffer who doesn't rush the QB that well and is on the sidelines for half the defensive plays #13 overall when we could have taken a guy who scores points?" -
I have a feeling, and almost always have a feeling regarding this situation, that if the Browns took Davis with the #13 overall pick in two years we'd all be saying:
"Why did we take a decent run-stuffer who doesn't rush the QB that well and is on the sidelines for half the defensive plays #13 overall when we could have taken a guy who scores points?"I have a feeling, and almost always have a feeling regarding this situation, that if the Browns took Davis with the #13 overall pick in two years we'd all be saying:
"Why did we take a decent run-stuffer who doesn't rush the QB that well and is on the sidelines for half the defensive plays #13 overall when we could have taken a guy who scores points?"This is where I’m at as well.
He’s gonna play maybe 30 snaps? He’s going to eat up double teams and set a couple 2nd 11-12s per game. Bring that in with Myles and JOK playmaking on defense. Now we are really onto something. If we don’t go WR maybe I pull trigger here… I just think we will have the opportunity to pick a WR we really like.
I just hope he doesn’t go to a team like Baltimore and dominates us for a decade.
I just simply ask that we stay away from QBs and OL with the 13th pick
Davis’ teammate forget his name but he’s a DT as well…he’s a name to watch in 2023, but probably a top 10 guy. -
I have a feeling, and almost always have a feeling regarding this situation, that if the Browns took Davis with the #13 overall pick in two years we'd all be saying:
"Why did we take a decent run-stuffer who doesn't rush the QB that well and is on the sidelines for half the defensive plays #13 overall when we could have taken a guy who scores points?"This is where I’m at as well.
He’s gonna play maybe 30 snaps? He’s going to eat up double teams and set a couple 2nd 11-12s per game. Bring that in with Myles and JOK playmaking on defense. Now we are really onto something. If we don’t go WR maybe I pull trigger here… I just think we will have the opportunity to pick a WR we really like.
I just hope he doesn’t go to a team like Baltimore and dominates us for a decade.
I just simply ask that we stay away from QBs and OL with the 13th pick
Davis’ teammate forget his name but he’s a DT as well…he’s a name to watch in 2023, but probably a top 10 guy.This is where I’m at as well.
He’s gonna play maybe 30 snaps? He’s going to eat up double teams and set a couple 2nd 11-12s per game. Bring that in with Myles and JOK playmaking on defense. Now we are really onto something. If we don’t go WR maybe I pull trigger here… I just think we will have the opportunity to pick a WR we really like.
I just hope he doesn’t go to a team like Baltimore and dominates us for a decade.
I just simply ask that we stay away from QBs and OL with the 13th pick
Davis’ teammate forget his name but he’s a DT as well…he’s a name to watch in 2023, but probably a top 10 guy.I want to improve the passing game, or improve our ability to disrupt the opposing team's passing game with the 13th overall pick.
WR or Edge.
-
This is where I’m at as well.
He’s gonna play maybe 30 snaps? He’s going to eat up double teams and set a couple 2nd 11-12s per game. Bring that in with Myles and JOK playmaking on defense. Now we are really onto something. If we don’t go WR maybe I pull trigger here… I just think we will have the opportunity to pick a WR we really like.
I just hope he doesn’t go to a team like Baltimore and dominates us for a decade.
I just simply ask that we stay away from QBs and OL with the 13th pick
Davis’ teammate forget his name but he’s a DT as well…he’s a name to watch in 2023, but probably a top 10 guy.I want to improve the passing game, or improve our ability to disrupt the opposing team's passing game with the 13th overall pick.
WR or Edge.
I want to improve the passing game, or improve our ability to disrupt the opposing team's passing game with the 13th overall pick.
WR or Edge.
Bold of you to assume that because we have a new WR the passing game will just "improve" because of it.
Re: Davis. He'll be a very nice addition for some team at their value. For the Browns, who need to address both IDL spots? Not so much.
-
I want to improve the passing game, or improve our ability to disrupt the opposing team's passing game with the 13th overall pick.
WR or Edge.
Bold of you to assume that because we have a new WR the passing game will just "improve" because of it.
Re: Davis. He'll be a very nice addition for some team at their value. For the Browns, who need to address both IDL spots? Not so much.
-
Kinda wish, I went back to work a week later.. I just caught up to my recorded delays.. just in time to move onto the DB's..
'The process'
has done a nice job, of falling into some starting & depth positions were in need of... WR's/DL-men.. some key clues, will land in the deciding on our own FA's futures and adds...
1st & 2nd round of this draft class should be a crazy good fun watch ?
-
I want to improve the passing game, or improve our ability to disrupt the opposing team's passing game with the 13th overall pick.
WR or Edge.
Bold of you to assume that because we have a new WR the passing game will just "improve" because of it.
Re: Davis. He'll be a very nice addition for some team at their value. For the Browns, who need to address both IDL spots? Not so much.
Bold of you to assume that because we have a new WR the passing game will just "improve" because of it.
The brightest minds on this here board have informed you for months that WRs are the only thing wrong with the passing attack.
Apparently you are being obtuse.
Obtuse, sir. Obtuse.
?
-
Re: Davis
His 10 yard split was 1.68. So NOW my eyebrows are raised. Because that's outstanding burst.
So I have to ask myself these questions.
- What is his health like? What's the scope on bone density? Ligament integrity? What type of range/stretching program is he in to help limit injury?
- Will his body mass allow for some NFL longevity?
- Will he take care of his body in the off-season? Does he have the willingness to commit himself to year round conditioning?
- Can he develop a Haloti Ngata impact that includes becoming a 3-down force?
You can find my posts mentioning what a mistake it was for the Browns to take Wimbley over Ngata. I would hope, should a similar player situation arise, that the Browns learn from their past mistake. That having been said, Ngata type IDL are rare. Size, strength, quickness, technique and longevity/availability. Or is he another Dontari Poe who may be very effective and possibly even earn a pro-bowl nod, but his ability diminishes quickly in his 5th year because the wear on his body is so great?
Maybe not even Haloti Ngata, I would be more than pleased with a Shaun Rogers impact. He was arguably the best IDL in the NFL from 2003-2008.
-
-
I watched the last two UGA games really trying to focus on Davis and DT Jalen Carter stood out more. He’s smaller than Davis and looks like he could carry some more weight.
…and then safety Lewis Cine kind of stole the show for me.
He just ran a 4.39 40. He tackles well and has some pretty good instincts and play making ability. That’s a name to watch for us.
-
I watched the last two UGA games really trying to focus on Davis and DT Jalen Carter stood out more. He’s smaller than Davis and looks like he could carry some more weight.
…and then safety Lewis Cine kind of stole the show for me.
He just ran a 4.39 40. He tackles well and has some pretty good instincts and play making ability. That’s a name to watch for us.
I watched the last two UGA games really trying to focus on Davis and DT Jalen Carter stood out more. He’s smaller than Davis and looks like he could carry some more weight.
…and then safety Lewis Cine kind of stole the show for me.
He just ran a 4.39 40. He tackles well and has some pretty good instincts and play making ability. That’s a name to watch for us.
It's not unlikely at all that 6-7 guys from the Georgia defense could go in the first three rounds in the NFL draft. Davis, Wyatt and Walker III are I'm guessing all going to be first round picks as well. There is immense talent to pick from, and I'd be happy.
I think Davis in particular is a great prospect, but I'm guessing after that freakish combine someone will fall in love in the top 10.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login