NFL Combine
-
I want to improve the passing game, or improve our ability to disrupt the opposing team's passing game with the 13th overall pick.
WR or Edge.
Bold of you to assume that because we have a new WR the passing game will just "improve" because of it.
Re: Davis. He'll be a very nice addition for some team at their value. For the Browns, who need to address both IDL spots? Not so much.
-
Kinda wish, I went back to work a week later.. I just caught up to my recorded delays.. just in time to move onto the DB's..
'The process'
has done a nice job, of falling into some starting & depth positions were in need of... WR's/DL-men.. some key clues, will land in the deciding on our own FA's futures and adds...
1st & 2nd round of this draft class should be a crazy good fun watch ?
-
I want to improve the passing game, or improve our ability to disrupt the opposing team's passing game with the 13th overall pick.
WR or Edge.
Bold of you to assume that because we have a new WR the passing game will just "improve" because of it.
Re: Davis. He'll be a very nice addition for some team at their value. For the Browns, who need to address both IDL spots? Not so much.
Bold of you to assume that because we have a new WR the passing game will just "improve" because of it.
The brightest minds on this here board have informed you for months that WRs are the only thing wrong with the passing attack.
Apparently you are being obtuse.
Obtuse, sir. Obtuse.
?
-
Re: Davis
His 10 yard split was 1.68. So NOW my eyebrows are raised. Because that's outstanding burst.
So I have to ask myself these questions.
- What is his health like? What's the scope on bone density? Ligament integrity? What type of range/stretching program is he in to help limit injury?
- Will his body mass allow for some NFL longevity?
- Will he take care of his body in the off-season? Does he have the willingness to commit himself to year round conditioning?
- Can he develop a Haloti Ngata impact that includes becoming a 3-down force?
You can find my posts mentioning what a mistake it was for the Browns to take Wimbley over Ngata. I would hope, should a similar player situation arise, that the Browns learn from their past mistake. That having been said, Ngata type IDL are rare. Size, strength, quickness, technique and longevity/availability. Or is he another Dontari Poe who may be very effective and possibly even earn a pro-bowl nod, but his ability diminishes quickly in his 5th year because the wear on his body is so great?
Maybe not even Haloti Ngata, I would be more than pleased with a Shaun Rogers impact. He was arguably the best IDL in the NFL from 2003-2008.
-
-
I watched the last two UGA games really trying to focus on Davis and DT Jalen Carter stood out more. He’s smaller than Davis and looks like he could carry some more weight.
…and then safety Lewis Cine kind of stole the show for me.
He just ran a 4.39 40. He tackles well and has some pretty good instincts and play making ability. That’s a name to watch for us.
-
I watched the last two UGA games really trying to focus on Davis and DT Jalen Carter stood out more. He’s smaller than Davis and looks like he could carry some more weight.
…and then safety Lewis Cine kind of stole the show for me.
He just ran a 4.39 40. He tackles well and has some pretty good instincts and play making ability. That’s a name to watch for us.
I watched the last two UGA games really trying to focus on Davis and DT Jalen Carter stood out more. He’s smaller than Davis and looks like he could carry some more weight.
…and then safety Lewis Cine kind of stole the show for me.
He just ran a 4.39 40. He tackles well and has some pretty good instincts and play making ability. That’s a name to watch for us.
It's not unlikely at all that 6-7 guys from the Georgia defense could go in the first three rounds in the NFL draft. Davis, Wyatt and Walker III are I'm guessing all going to be first round picks as well. There is immense talent to pick from, and I'd be happy.
I think Davis in particular is a great prospect, but I'm guessing after that freakish combine someone will fall in love in the top 10.
-
-
I look at numbers and their actual play during the CFB season. Example is Lewis Cine he played fast and ran fast.
Kenneth Walker MSU RB his time surprised me. He didn’t look like a fast running back unless it was against some of the bottom tier BigTen Back Sevens. He ran a 4.38 I think- I watched him a handful of times he looks like a 4.5 back to me.
-
Nothing more, than for what it's worth (freakish numbers)





more can be found here... https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=21551&p2=20969&pos= (remember-- game-tape don't lie)
-
Guys his size don't tend to last. Would you prefer Jordan Davis for 4-5 years or Garrett Wilson for 10? See my post above. Been watching his combine and it has caught my attention enough go make me think twice.
that's tough - since the wr class is really deep. If experts figure Wilson is the next best wr coming into the draft that is like Chase.....
I trust these Browns to figure it out.
-
Looking at mid round OT prospects.
Forgot all about this guy just down 271S...
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-petit-frere/32005045-5451-7308-20b9-a04a397749a8
-
Looking at mid round OT prospects.
Forgot all about this guy just down 271S...
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-petit-frere/32005045-5451-7308-20b9-a04a397749a8
Looking at mid round OT prospects.
Forgot all about this guy just down 271S...
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-petit-frere/32005045-5451-7308-20b9-a04a397749a8
Solid pick in Day 3.
What do you think of Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota? Seems to move pretty well for his size. I recall him doing well against some OSU speed rushers early last year.
-
Looking at mid round OT prospects.
Forgot all about this guy just down 271S...
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-petit-frere/32005045-5451-7308-20b9-a04a397749a8
Solid pick in Day 3.
What do you think of Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota? Seems to move pretty well for his size. I recall him doing well against some OSU speed rushers early last year.
Solid pick in Day 3.
What do you think of Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota? Seems to move pretty well for his size. I recall him doing well against some OSU speed rushers early last year.
Can't give you a definitive answer, haven't watch any real film on him. I can say this for a man his size and the type of game they usually bring...
- Our current QB situation stresses pass protection, especially in straight drops, to the absolute limit. Putting a larger (much larger) body on the edge on this current team doesn't look well by my initial assessment. Between Bakers drop depth and processing speed sans ball-action, putting that type of tackle out there (potentially) as a rookie is 'meh' to me.
-
I'd really like this stud to be replacing Chris Hubbard.... not perfect/ but 34" arm strong.. https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/football-jamaree-salyer-film-review-nfl-draft
If he pushes down to the 3rd?

I think Callahan can round him out as a good swing tackle/guard.. the James Hudson 4th round pick at playing Tackle? looks worry-some to me 🥷
@tiamat63 if ya get any DB tape time? please, put your DB eyes on Maryland's Nick Cross/ if we replace Harrison/Stewart? I've watched & liked a bunch of his games live.. but, I never thought he'd run that fast...4.34 (weird#... as I'm typing this, he's now on GMFB)
-
Hudson was essentially new to the position having being recruited to UM to play on the defensive line and then he ultimately transferred to UC.
His rookie year last summer was what I thought a redshirt year. Let’s see how he develops in year 2.
-
I'd really like this stud to be replacing Chris Hubbard.... not perfect/ but 34" arm strong.. https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/football-jamaree-salyer-film-review-nfl-draft
If he pushes down to the 3rd?

I think Callahan can round him out as a good swing tackle/guard.. the James Hudson 4th round pick at playing Tackle? looks worry-some to me 🥷
@tiamat63 if ya get any DB tape time? please, put your DB eyes on Maryland's Nick Cross/ if we replace Harrison/Stewart? I've watched & liked a bunch of his games live.. but, I never thought he'd run that fast...4.34 (weird#... as I'm typing this, he's now on GMFB)
I'd really like this stud to be replacing Chris Hubbard.... not perfect/ but 34" arm strong.. https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/football-jamaree-salyer-film-review-nfl-draft
If he pushes down to the 3rd?

I think Callahan can round him out as a good swing tackle/guard.. the James Hudson 4th round pick at playing Tackle? looks worry-some to me 🥷
@tiamat63 if ya get any DB tape time? please, put your DB eyes on Maryland's Nick Cross/ if we replace Harrison/Stewart? I've watched & liked a bunch of his games live.. but, I never thought he'd run that fast...4.34 (weird#... as I'm typing this, he's now on GMFB)
I'll get back to you on Cross asap.
Hudson was essentially new to the position having being recruited to UM to play on the defensive line and then he ultimately transferred to UC.
His rookie year last summer was what I thought a redshirt year. Let’s see how he develops in year 2.
Depth is at a premium with this group. Need all the quality depth and spot starters we can get. Especially if they're mid round picks
-
Looking at mid round OT prospects.
Forgot all about this guy just down 271S...
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-petit-frere/32005045-5451-7308-20b9-a04a397749a8
Solid pick in Day 3.
What do you think of Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota? Seems to move pretty well for his size. I recall him doing well against some OSU speed rushers early last year.
Solid pick in Day 3.
What do you think of Daniel Faalele OT Minnesota? Seems to move pretty well for his size. I recall him doing well against some OSU speed rushers early last year.
Just watched the whole cutup of Minny v Maryland and was pleasantly surprised.
Much more fluid than OSU's big man RT (Dawand Jones) didn't appear to be as heavy footed in zone assignments and wasn't struggling to reach the 2nd level. Didn't always arrive with the bad intentions I'd like to see, but he was routinely boxing out next level defenders. His pad level and knee bend was also rather nice to see. I didn't see a waist bender who was struggling to get into his stance. Kick step appears to be ok? His arm length is a question though? I feel like for a guy his size his arms were a bit on the short side. A few times he let the defender in his chest first before making contact, in favor of winning inside position with his hands and a wide stance.
Needs to work on his first strike and shutting down rushers with his hands, also has a tendency to occasionally dip his head and sight-lose his target. But it isn't like his eyes are on the ground either. He isn't as heavy handed as a huge OT like Cam Robinson is and has to be. He isn't quite as fluid as Orlando Brown either. But he has signs showing both traits at a low(er) level than both of those players I mentioned... just combined. Hands are there, feet are there, just needs to make them both next level.
But if his tape gets better as the year goes on, he won't be there Day 3.
-
Nothing more, than for what it's worth (freakish numbers)





more can be found here... https://ras.football/ras-compare/?&p1=21551&p2=20969&pos= (remember-- game-tape don't lie)
Nothing more, than for what it's worth (freakish numbers)
I really don't want Treylon Burks -- Tired of WR who can't beat press, and that 3-cone reminds me of Massaquoi.
The issue w Karlaftis is that he has a tendency to let himself get swallowed up and not be present -- which does make sense because he's giving up nearly 100# to many OL. Sure, good athlete, but if he's on the ground he's no help.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login