Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. CC Ohio

CC Ohio

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
10 Posts 5 Posters 179 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

    Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

    WSS

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    C VamboV DieHardBrownsFanD 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • W Westside Steve

      https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

      Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

      WSS

      calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @westside-steve said:

      https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

      Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

      WSS

      I am not sure, either. I believe it's a result of constant demoquack interference with 2nd Amendment rights.

      "may issue".....some city with a sheriff that doesn't like CCW. Threats of raising the training and license fees to high levels to fight the 2nd Amendment.

      I'm fine with the background check, and license. But it is only for three years. Not sure why the 3 years.

      It's like "universal background checks"... it's a trojan horse.

      Can lend a gun to a trusted friend to hunt with, can't leave a gun to your own son/daughter without another backround check,

      then it will be "universal background checks" every year. Every six months.

      and of course, tracking the location of every single gun .... which is their end game to get around

      gun registration.

        Once they know where every singal gun owner is, they can publish all names and addresses like they doxxed in NY.

      Someone with a history of domestic violence doesn't need a license and a background check?

      I don't think so, maybe I am not understanding the bill..... intially I thought it was about open carry, which I would never do, but we have that already, so...

      DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

        Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

        WSS

        Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 18k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @westside-steve said:

        https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

        Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

        WSS

        /topic/63909

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 23k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Texas already passed a carry if you want to openly or concealed. No license. No training required either which in my mind is totally foolish. Too many dumb jackasses think you can just point in the general direction with a handgun like in the movies and hit what you want. It just ain't that damn easy and I don't want yahoos playing with guns they don't know how to use properly. We'll have Alec Baldwins all over creation.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • W Westside Steve

            https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

            Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

            WSS

            DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
            • 28k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @westside-steve said:

            https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

            Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

            WSS

            I already posted about this.  It's been passed by the house and senate, and Dewine is expected to sign it into law.

            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • C calfoxwc

              @westside-steve said:

              https://fox8.com/news/ohio-house-closer-to-passing-bill-getting-rid-of-concealed-carry-permits/

              Not sure im 100% down with  this. 

              WSS

              I am not sure, either. I believe it's a result of constant demoquack interference with 2nd Amendment rights.

              "may issue".....some city with a sheriff that doesn't like CCW. Threats of raising the training and license fees to high levels to fight the 2nd Amendment.

              I'm fine with the background check, and license. But it is only for three years. Not sure why the 3 years.

              It's like "universal background checks"... it's a trojan horse.

              Can lend a gun to a trusted friend to hunt with, can't leave a gun to your own son/daughter without another backround check,

              then it will be "universal background checks" every year. Every six months.

              and of course, tracking the location of every single gun .... which is their end game to get around

              gun registration.

                Once they know where every singal gun owner is, they can publish all names and addresses like they doxxed in NY.

              Someone with a history of domestic violence doesn't need a license and a background check?

              I don't think so, maybe I am not understanding the bill..... intially I thought it was about open carry, which I would never do, but we have that already, so...

              DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
              • 28k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @calfoxwc said:

              I am not sure, either. I believe it's a result of constant demoquack interference with 2nd Amendment rights.

              "may issue".....some city with a sheriff that doesn't like CCW. Threats of raising the training and license fees to high levels to fight the 2nd Amendment.

              I'm fine with the background check, and license. But it is only for three years. Not sure why the 3 years.

              It's like "universal background checks"... it's a trojan horse.

              Can lend a gun to a trusted friend to hunt with, can't leave a gun to your own son/daughter without another backround check,

              then it will be "universal background checks" every year. Every six months.

              and of course, tracking the location of every single gun .... which is their end game to get around

              gun registration.

                Once they know where every singal gun owner is, they can publish all names and addresses like they doxxed in NY.

              Someone with a history of domestic violence doesn't need a license and a background check?

              I don't think so, maybe I am not understanding the bill..... intially I thought it was about open carry, which I would never do, but we have that already, so...

              Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

              "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
              C W 2 Replies Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                @calfoxwc said:

                I am not sure, either. I believe it's a result of constant demoquack interference with 2nd Amendment rights.

                "may issue".....some city with a sheriff that doesn't like CCW. Threats of raising the training and license fees to high levels to fight the 2nd Amendment.

                I'm fine with the background check, and license. But it is only for three years. Not sure why the 3 years.

                It's like "universal background checks"... it's a trojan horse.

                Can lend a gun to a trusted friend to hunt with, can't leave a gun to your own son/daughter without another backround check,

                then it will be "universal background checks" every year. Every six months.

                and of course, tracking the location of every single gun .... which is their end game to get around

                gun registration.

                  Once they know where every singal gun owner is, they can publish all names and addresses like they doxxed in NY.

                Someone with a history of domestic violence doesn't need a license and a background check?

                I don't think so, maybe I am not understanding the bill..... intially I thought it was about open carry, which I would never do, but we have that already, so...

                Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

                calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                • 64k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @diehardbrownsfan said:

                Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

                true, but if not convicted, I meant - I should have said "really bad temper but never actually crossed the line..." I suppose.

                Universal background checks are dangerous. they have to know exactly where the gun owners are, their addresses, etc, and who owns each gun, serial numbers, what type of gun, etc.

                Or, they would never have any idea that it was sold at a garage sale, to a friend, or transferred over to children in a will, etc.

                The left demands to know that information. They would love to use it against Americans.

                Not to be confused with selling it to someone who is not allowed to own one. That is why if I sold one, which I wouldn't,

                I would go through a gun dealer via background check.  That is how auctions work, too. Have to have a background check.

                DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                  @calfoxwc said:

                  I am not sure, either. I believe it's a result of constant demoquack interference with 2nd Amendment rights.

                  "may issue".....some city with a sheriff that doesn't like CCW. Threats of raising the training and license fees to high levels to fight the 2nd Amendment.

                  I'm fine with the background check, and license. But it is only for three years. Not sure why the 3 years.

                  It's like "universal background checks"... it's a trojan horse.

                  Can lend a gun to a trusted friend to hunt with, can't leave a gun to your own son/daughter without another backround check,

                  then it will be "universal background checks" every year. Every six months.

                  and of course, tracking the location of every single gun .... which is their end game to get around

                  gun registration.

                    Once they know where every singal gun owner is, they can publish all names and addresses like they doxxed in NY.

                  Someone with a history of domestic violence doesn't need a license and a background check?

                  I don't think so, maybe I am not understanding the bill..... intially I thought it was about open carry, which I would never do, but we have that already, so...

                  Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

                  Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 39k Posts
                  • 9k Reputation
                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @diehardbrownsfan said:

                  Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

                  Even though that doesn't really seem like a rock-solid correlation but what the heck.

                  WSS

                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • C calfoxwc

                    @diehardbrownsfan said:

                    Someone with a domestic violence conviction is already banned from purchasing or owning a firearm.

                    true, but if not convicted, I meant - I should have said "really bad temper but never actually crossed the line..." I suppose.

                    Universal background checks are dangerous. they have to know exactly where the gun owners are, their addresses, etc, and who owns each gun, serial numbers, what type of gun, etc.

                    Or, they would never have any idea that it was sold at a garage sale, to a friend, or transferred over to children in a will, etc.

                    The left demands to know that information. They would love to use it against Americans.

                    Not to be confused with selling it to someone who is not allowed to own one. That is why if I sold one, which I wouldn't,

                    I would go through a gun dealer via background check.  That is how auctions work, too. Have to have a background check.

                    DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                    • 28k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @calfoxwc said:

                    true, but if not convicted, I meant - I should have said "really bad temper but never actually crossed the line..." I suppose.

                    Universal background checks are dangerous. they have to know exactly where the gun owners are, their addresses, etc, and who owns each gun, serial numbers, what type of gun, etc.

                    Or, they would never have any idea that it was sold at a garage sale, to a friend, or transferred over to children in a will, etc.

                    The left demands to know that information. They would love to use it against Americans.

                    Not to be confused with selling it to someone who is not allowed to own one. That is why if I sold one, which I wouldn't,

                    I would go through a gun dealer via background check.  That is how auctions work, too. Have to have a background check.

                    They are not going to do away with the background check.  But I have to admit, I'd be nervous if I were a cop knowing everyone in the car is probably carrying.

                    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                    C 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                      @calfoxwc said:

                      true, but if not convicted, I meant - I should have said "really bad temper but never actually crossed the line..." I suppose.

                      Universal background checks are dangerous. they have to know exactly where the gun owners are, their addresses, etc, and who owns each gun, serial numbers, what type of gun, etc.

                      Or, they would never have any idea that it was sold at a garage sale, to a friend, or transferred over to children in a will, etc.

                      The left demands to know that information. They would love to use it against Americans.

                      Not to be confused with selling it to someone who is not allowed to own one. That is why if I sold one, which I wouldn't,

                      I would go through a gun dealer via background check.  That is how auctions work, too. Have to have a background check.

                      They are not going to do away with the background check.  But I have to admit, I'd be nervous if I were a cop knowing everyone in the car is probably carrying.

                      calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                      • 64k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @diehardbrownsfan said:

                      They are not going to do away with the background check.  But I have to admit, I'd be nervous if I were a cop knowing everyone in the car is probably carrying.

                      I know what you are saying, but bad people get guns under the table anyways, so....

                      now, liberals let violent offenders go free, but want to put the screws to hundreds of millions of good folks who own gun(s) to screw with the 2nd Amendment. anyone who is sincerely concerned about gun deaths in big cities should be offended - the political attack on the 2nd Amendment won't lower the violence in the big cities one bit. It's an excuse to be allowed to establish tyranny - oppressive control. Like goober warning. Like covid. Any excuse is their go to excuse.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate