Browns Use Franchise Tag On David Njoku
-
-
I want to see a fully operational Njoku. Let him loose. He's still only 25.
-
I want to see a fully operational Njoku.
Right. 10+ millions worth. Catching & blocking for that price.
-
I want to see a fully operational Njoku. Let him loose. He's still only 25.
lets just hope baker doesnt get him killed with over thrown passes
-
-
I could be mistaken about this, but I believe a team has to use the franchise or transition tag every year. It's the reason a lot of teams will use it on the kicker to save the salary cap as opposed to franchising a QB, WR, OL would for example. Looking at the Browns (if this is true) Njoku was the most glaring use of the tag for a multitude of reasons. Hooper is restructured or gone, which is fine. Harrison Bryant and Njoku are good receiving threats, but definitely need to focus on adding some good blocking depth in free agency or the draft.
I was surprised that the FA tight end market is robust this year: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/. I'm guessing there will be a good value pickup there somewhere to snag an experienced guy to shore up the room.
-
I could be mistaken about this, but I believe a team has to use the franchise or transition tag every year. It's the reason a lot of teams will use it on the kicker to save the salary cap as opposed to franchising a QB, WR, OL would for example. Looking at the Browns (if this is true) Njoku was the most glaring use of the tag for a multitude of reasons. Hooper is restructured or gone, which is fine. Harrison Bryant and Njoku are good receiving threats, but definitely need to focus on adding some good blocking depth in free agency or the draft.
I was surprised that the FA tight end market is robust this year: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/. I'm guessing there will be a good value pickup there somewhere to snag an experienced guy to shore up the room.
I could be mistaken about this, but I believe a team has to use the franchise or transition tag every year. It's the reason a lot of teams will use it on the kicker to save the salary cap as opposed to franchising a QB, WR, OL would for example. Looking at the Browns (if this is true) Njoku was the most glaring use of the tag for a multitude of reasons. Hooper is restructured or gone, which is fine. Harrison Bryant and Njoku are good receiving threats, but definitely need to focus on adding some good blocking depth in free agency or the draft.
I was surprised that the FA tight end market is robust this year: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/. I'm guessing there will be a good value pickup there somewhere to snag an experienced guy to shore up the room.
You do not have to Franchise anyone, in fact, in many years we’ve franchised no one.
-
36 catches, 4 TD’s and 475 yards receiving will get him $10.9 million.
Kind of wonder how long it will be before Hooper gets cut.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/07/browns-use-franchise-tag-on-david-njoku/
It means that Hooper is gone.
And I’m really surprised by this move.
It means that Hooper is gone.
And I’m really surprised by this move.
From what I've heard Hooper will cost 13M if the Browns keep him and 11M against the cap if cut. So.....EDIT: Restructure?
GO BROWNS!!!
-
I like this better than a 3 year 30 million dollar contract.
-
I like this better than a 3 year 30 million dollar contract.
I like this better than a 3 year 30 million dollar contract.
Bingo. I like the prove it one year deal too. And Actually show us 10-12M a year production and play (yeah I said it)
-
I like this better than a 3 year 30 million dollar contract.
Bingo. I like the prove it one year deal too. And Actually show us 10-12M a year production and play (yeah I said it)
Bingo. I like the prove it one year deal too. And Actually show us 10-12M a year production and play (yeah I said it)
Being reported they are keeping Hooper, WTF
-
Bingo. I like the prove it one year deal too. And Actually show us 10-12M a year production and play (yeah I said it)
Being reported they are keeping Hooper, WTF
Being reported they are keeping Hooper, WTF
Hooper's contract is structured in a very specific way. Odd, but specific.
For both 2022 and 2023, his cap value is 13.25 and he will count 3.75 in dead money if cut after 6/1. The real question is if we can find a TE replacement for 9.5 or less.
Cutting before 6/1 is an irresponsibly large amount of dead money in both years as well.. so you really should only respond with a WTF if they cut Hooper before 6/1.
Note that the reason he's 3.75 dead even after 6/1 is they prorated his signing bonus back in 2020; this 3.75 is already on the books through the 2024 season.
-
36 catches, 4 TD’s and 475 yards receiving will get him $10.9 million.
Kind of wonder how long it will be before Hooper gets cut.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/07/browns-use-franchise-tag-on-david-njoku/
It means that Hooper is gone.
And I’m really surprised by this move.
It means that Hooper is gone.
And I’m really surprised by this move.
I think Hooper is the better TE. I'm surprised by this too.
-
It means that Hooper is gone.
And I’m really surprised by this move.
I think Hooper is the better TE. I'm surprised by this too.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login