Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. 22 LR

22 LR

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
10 Posts 7 Posters 403 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 4k Posts
    • 2k Reputation
    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by hammertime
    #1

    Why not ?   It’s probably underrated…

    let’s look at availability and ammo….

    may be the last chance to get a weapon and ammo

    guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
    N AxeA T 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #2

      It's a great idea. 22 wmr were harder to find last time I checked.  We are headed for

      all hell breaking loose - and it's only the early second year of this leftwing asswhole fiasco.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 18k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
        #3

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 18k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
          #4

          .22 and. 22 MAG with hollow points some great fun and it can be a home defense ammo of choice.......if you can pull the trigger a few more times. 

          That's where I learned to shoot firearms way back when,  still true today. 

          My wife has my old western style. 22 MAG w/HP upstairs  "just in case".

          GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 23k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I now have two .22LR rifles and two .22 LR handguns with a ton of CCI HP Stingers and Aguila Copper Jacketed HPs. And several hundred practice rounds of CCI Polymer Coated Lead. If I am ever surrounded by squirrels or wild rabbits I can hold out for days. But I'm kind of hoping they send in the big guns first------ wild turkeys.?

            mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
            😂
            Quote Reply
            • hammertimeH hammertime

              Why not ?   It’s probably underrated…

              let’s look at availability and ammo….

              may be the last chance to get a weapon and ammo

              Neo N Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 734 Reputation
              N Neo wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @hammertime said:

              Why not ?

              Because it's for puppies. It great if you ever get mugged by a squirrel.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • hammertimeH hammertime

                Why not ?   It’s probably underrated…

                let’s look at availability and ammo….

                may be the last chance to get a weapon and ammo

                Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 10k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @hammertime said:

                Why not ?   It’s probably underrated…

                I prefer my 9MM Carbine 😉

                Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • hammertimeH hammertime

                  Why not ?   It’s probably underrated…

                  let’s look at availability and ammo….

                  may be the last chance to get a weapon and ammo

                  TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 23k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @hammertime said:

                  Why not ?   It’s probably underrated…

                  let’s look at availability and ammo….

                  may be the last chance to get a weapon and ammo

                  Don't listen to the naysayers. A 22 with high velocity hollowpoints can kill you just as sure as anything else and it is far easier to carry in a takedown (easily made into halves for backback carry). Plus the ammo is cheaper and far easier to find that all the other stuff. And new shooters learn on it easier since the recoil is negligible. If I can have my daughter, who never even picked up her bother's BB gun, hitting 14 of 15 in the bullseye with a Henry lever action from a standing position in 15 minutes from 25 yards, then anyone can learn to shoot it accurately.

                  I agree with this guy on the takedowns as survival rifles. I have the original takedown version in an 11 + 1 Browning SA 22.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • T TexasAg1969

                    I now have two .22LR rifles and two .22 LR handguns with a ton of CCI HP Stingers and Aguila Copper Jacketed HPs. And several hundred practice rounds of CCI Polymer Coated Lead. If I am ever surrounded by squirrels or wild rabbits I can hold out for days. But I'm kind of hoping they send in the big guns first------ wild turkeys.?

                    mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                    • 18k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                    #9

                    @texasag1969 said:

                    I now have two .22LR rifles and two .22 LR handguns with a ton of CCI HP Stingers and Aguila Copper Jacketed HPs. And several hundred practice rounds of CCI Polymer Coated Lead. If I am ever surrounded by squirrels or wild rabbits I can hold out for days. But I'm kind of hoping they send in the big guns first------ wild turkeys.?

                    Sounds like a Bug's Bunny cartoon   -but-  some validity there.  I have an old Winchester .22 caliber  290 which can fire 21 Short/ 17 Long/ 15 LR as fast as you can pull the trigger......but I do prefer  .22 MAGs.  I prefer to have shotguns and backup guns also. 

                    If your objective in home defense is to have an easy to use   -and-   make some noise and if necessary hurt or even kill you can use a  .22 but obviously a bigger  bullet with a bigger load can bring someone down easier with fewer shots. 

                    The key in all of this home defense stuff is planning and live practice with the guns you intend to use.  

                    I'm comfortable with anything that I pick up   -but-  I've had plenty of practice.   ?

                    GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                    T 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • mjp28M mjp28

                      @texasag1969 said:

                      I now have two .22LR rifles and two .22 LR handguns with a ton of CCI HP Stingers and Aguila Copper Jacketed HPs. And several hundred practice rounds of CCI Polymer Coated Lead. If I am ever surrounded by squirrels or wild rabbits I can hold out for days. But I'm kind of hoping they send in the big guns first------ wild turkeys.?

                      Sounds like a Bug's Bunny cartoon   -but-  some validity there.  I have an old Winchester .22 caliber  290 which can fire 21 Short/ 17 Long/ 15 LR as fast as you can pull the trigger......but I do prefer  .22 MAGs.  I prefer to have shotguns and backup guns also. 

                      If your objective in home defense is to have an easy to use   -and-   make some noise and if necessary hurt or even kill you can use a  .22 but obviously a bigger  bullet with a bigger load can bring someone down easier with fewer shots. 

                      The key in all of this home defense stuff is planning and live practice with the guns you intend to use.  

                      I'm comfortable with anything that I pick up   -but-  I've had plenty of practice.   ?

                      TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 23k Posts
                      • 6k Reputation
                      T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @mjp28 said:

                      Sounds like a Bug's Bunny cartoon   -but-  some validity there.  I have an old Winchester .22 caliber  290 which can fire 21 Short/ 17 Long/ 15 LR as fast as you can pull the trigger......but I do prefer  .22 MAGs.  I prefer to have shotguns and backup guns also. 

                      If your objective in home defense is to have an easy to use   -and-   make some noise and if necessary hurt or even kill you can use a  .22 but obviously a bigger  bullet with a bigger load can bring someone down easier with fewer shots. 

                      The key in all of this home defense stuff is planning and live practice with the guns you intend to use.  

                      I'm comfortable with anything that I pick up   -but-  I've had plenty of practice.   ?

                      Same here mjp. With those 22s go the 20 gauge Remington A-5, a 9mm Ruger pistol (which I carry concealed), a Ruger .357 SA Blackhawk and an 1858 Remington 45 Long Colt replica from Uberti. Makes gun cleaning a long afternoon process every two or 3 months, but it's a fine hobby to have and take my kids and grandkids along from time to time since I have free access to a range to myself owned by a fellow Vietnam Vet. No dumbbunnies to worry about that could be dangerous on a range. In those kinds of places I don't trust the skills/safety of strangers that I didn't personally teach. With my own I do because I was taught by the best and teach mine everything he taught me. Plus my friend has a set of safety rules posted that I read to them each and every time we go out to his place. His rules are so good that my father could have written them for him.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate