Skip to content

Ratliff starting tonight?

The Browns Board
31 21 2.3k
  • WKYC just reported it. Obviously, since Ratliff is playing with the first team he has taken the lead.

  • Do they have a trade in the works for one of the 2? And the other one is set to start? WTF?

  • On top of it all Rizzo believes Harrison may be on the bubble. I dont know if I believe that, but it will be interesting to see how much time he gets tonight.

  • I thought they were both going to get a few series?

  • Text from Browns:

    Ratliff will start at QB tonight. B. Quinn and D. Anderson dressed but not expected to play. For more, log onto ClevelandBrowns.com.

    ReplyStop2OptOut

  • Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

    09.03.2009

    CHICAGO - Brett Ratliff will start at quarterback for the Browns in tonight's preseason finale.

    Both Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson will be dressed but aren't expected to play.

    Not dressed for the Browns are Shaun Rogers, Titus Brown, Rex Hadnot and David Bowens

  • I sure hope we don't start off like in 2007 agaisnt Pitt because essentially the starter don't have any continuity.

    We better be able to get something for DA after all this.

  • The ultimate misdirection of alltime.

    BQ and DA traded. Ratliff is the starter and Bartell the backup.

    On a side note Lewis and davis traded and Herron and Vickers are slated 1 and 2.

    #4 preseason game is a great one if you have an early bedtime. 🙄

    Getting close to opening day, ya baby!

  • Mangini has obviously already made up his mind and this was the best way to "disguise" his decision.

  • Quinn & Anderson are getting traded for McNabb, will v battle for the 2 spot behind Vick.

  • Maybe DA and BQ traded?

    Ratliff named starter, Bartel and New Guy as backups.

  • I'm just throwing this out there, but Bartel actually did pretty good last week. I know, I know, against 9th stringers. Still, he wasn't a total spazz. Whatever. We'll see.

  • It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine, I feel fine.

  • Unrelated to the QBs... they are wearing the poopy pants. How much do you want to bet the browns get blown out of the water tonight?

  • I'm just throwing this out there, but Bartel actually did pretty good last week. I know, I know, against 9th stringers. Still, he wasn't a total spazz. Whatever. We'll see.

    88fingerslewy said:

    I'm just throwing this out there, but Bartel actually did pretty good last week. I know, I know, against 9th stringers. Still, he wasn't a total spazz. Whatever. We'll see.

    I'm guessing Ratliffe is fighting for a roster spot tonite.

  • Its a good way for mangini to be deceptively misleading right up to the last minute when he names the starter 1 hour before the opener..i assume its BQ but who knows...its not good for the team imo and ratliff does not deserve to start this game so im not watching it until saturday...😉

  • Maybe Mangini wants Brett Favre back.

  • Maybe Mangini wants Brett Favre back.

    @lumspecta said:

    Maybe Mangini wants Brett Favre back.

    We need him to block for Cribbs in the WildDawg!

  • @lumspecta said:

    Maybe Mangini wants Brett Favre back.

    We need him to block for Cribbs in the WildDawg!

    @brownshirt said:

    We need him to block for Cribbs in the WildDawg!
    Then Magini will just resign the next day and go "Yeah I hate the damn browns, I did all this QB shit just to destroy the team. I tried trading Quinn for Culpepper but the Lions wouldn't do it."
  • Found this article on Roto times

    Brady Quinn, QB, Cleveland Browns Thursday 9/3, 6:35 PM CT

    The Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that quarterbacks Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson will not play in the Browns' final preseason game. Brett Ratliff and Richard Bartell will take the snaps with Ratliff starting the game.

    Our View: It looked like we would get to see the final battle between Quinn and Anderson tonight, but apparently the decision has been made on who will be the starter in Cleveland this season. Coach Eric Mangini hasn't announced his choice, but all signs still point to Quinn as the starter. We may not know until just before the opener, because that's how Mangini does things, but look for Quinn to be the guy.

    Again Manigini will keep us guessing.