Skip to content

Trubisky to the Steelers

The Browns Board
13 7 436
  • This isn’t a needle mover.  
     

  • This isn’t a needle mover.  
     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    This isn’t a needle mover. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    This isn’t a needle mover.  
     

    The Steelers were also supposed to finish last in the division. 

  • @hoorta said:

    One word... yuck.   https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-reach-agreement-with-qb-mitchell-trubisky-on-two-year-deal

    All about the Benjamins...  

    No reason to make a giant move for anyone this season. Next years qb class is better. If a qb falls maybe they draft one this year. If Willis is there at 20 he may be the guy. Mitch is a fine bridge qb. Jimmy G would have put them in purgatory for three seasons minimum. Watson would have cost the farm even tho several reports stated that’s where watson wants to be. Colbert already said no. Mitch is better than Rudolph and if they do draft a rookie the rookie isn’t starting this season. 

    @vagitron said:

    No reason to make a giant move for anyone this season. Next years qb class is better. If a qb falls maybe they draft one this year. If Willis is there at 20 he may be the guy. Mitch is a fine bridge qb. Jimmy G would have put them in purgatory for three seasons minimum. Watson would have cost the farm even tho several reports stated that’s where watson wants to be. Colbert already said no. Mitch is better than Rudolph and if they do draft a rookie the rookie isn’t starting this season. 

    Yeah, Mitch is actually 1\2 decent... I just hate seeing a Cleveland guy playing for the Steelers.  

  • @vagitron said:

    No reason to make a giant move for anyone this season. Next years qb class is better. If a qb falls maybe they draft one this year. If Willis is there at 20 he may be the guy. Mitch is a fine bridge qb. Jimmy G would have put them in purgatory for three seasons minimum. Watson would have cost the farm even tho several reports stated that’s where watson wants to be. Colbert already said no. Mitch is better than Rudolph and if they do draft a rookie the rookie isn’t starting this season. 

    Yeah, Mitch is actually 1\2 decent... I just hate seeing a Cleveland guy playing for the Steelers.  

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, Mitch is actually 1\2 decent... I just hate seeing a Cleveland guy playing for the Steelers.  

    And that he's better than Mayfield.

  • @vagitron said:

    No reason to make a giant move for anyone this season. Next years qb class is better. If a qb falls maybe they draft one this year. If Willis is there at 20 he may be the guy. Mitch is a fine bridge qb. Jimmy G would have put them in purgatory for three seasons minimum. Watson would have cost the farm even tho several reports stated that’s where watson wants to be. Colbert already said no. Mitch is better than Rudolph and if they do draft a rookie the rookie isn’t starting this season. 

    Yeah, Mitch is actually 1\2 decent... I just hate seeing a Cleveland guy playing for the Steelers.  

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, Mitch is actually 1\2 decent... I just hate seeing a Cleveland guy playing for the Steelers.  

    Meh, it happens both ways. I actually really like the signing. His contract is very friendly too but has incentives. He’s getting 14m over 2 but incentives can bump it to 27m. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Yeah, Mitch is actually 1\2 decent... I just hate seeing a Cleveland guy playing for the Steelers.  

    Meh, it happens both ways. I actually really like the signing. His contract is very friendly too but has incentives. He’s getting 14m over 2 but incentives can bump it to 27m. 

    @vagitron said:

    Meh, it happens both ways. I actually really like the signing. His contract is very friendly too but has incentives. He’s getting 14m over 2 but incentives can bump it to 27m. 

    And honestly, I can see Rudolph playing at roughly the same level Ben did the last couple of years. 

    Not good enough to make the Steelers a legit contender, but he won't embarrass you. 

    Well, unless he's going up against Myles. ?

  • @vagitron said:

    Meh, it happens both ways. I actually really like the signing. His contract is very friendly too but has incentives. He’s getting 14m over 2 but incentives can bump it to 27m. 

    And honestly, I can see Rudolph playing at roughly the same level Ben did the last couple of years. 

    Not good enough to make the Steelers a legit contender, but he won't embarrass you. 

    Well, unless he's going up against Myles. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    And honestly, I can see Rudolph playing at roughly the same level Ben did the last couple of years. 

    Not good enough to make the Steelers a legit contender, but he won't embarrass you. 

    Well, unless he's going up against Myles. ?

    It’s now Mitch’s job to lose. I won’t be surprised if Rudolph doesn’t come out of camp. Hell maybe you guys can trade for him. He and Myles can be buddies. ?

  • @hoorta said:

    Yeah, Mitch is actually 1\2 decent... I just hate seeing a Cleveland guy playing for the Steelers.  

    Meh, it happens both ways. I actually really like the signing. His contract is very friendly too but has incentives. He’s getting 14m over 2 but incentives can bump it to 27m. 

    @vagitron said:

    Meh, it happens both ways. I actually really like the signing. His contract is very friendly too but has incentives. He’s getting 14m over 2 but incentives can bump it to 27m. 

    Amazing isn't it when we fans are cap aware almost as much as on the field stat aware on players now.

    Unheard of in decades past.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And honestly, I can see Rudolph playing at roughly the same level Ben did the last couple of years. 

    Not good enough to make the Steelers a legit contender, but he won't embarrass you. 

    Well, unless he's going up against Myles. ?

    It’s now Mitch’s job to lose. I won’t be surprised if Rudolph doesn’t come out of camp. Hell maybe you guys can trade for him. He and Myles can be buddies. ?

    @vagitron said:

    It’s now Mitch’s job to lose. I won’t be surprised if Rudolph doesn’t come out of camp. Hell maybe you guys can trade for him. He and Myles can be buddies. ?

    I wanted to bring in Trubisky to press Mayfield. Not happy about Puke picking him up, he is better than people think imo. Damn good running threat for one, and played on some abysmal Chicago offenses under Nagy. Also, had a really nice preseason last year in Buffalo. 

    He will extend drives and be a general pain in the ass. Pitt probably has a good idea how they want to use him to leverage his strengths.

  • @vagitron said:

    It’s now Mitch’s job to lose. I won’t be surprised if Rudolph doesn’t come out of camp. Hell maybe you guys can trade for him. He and Myles can be buddies. ?

    I wanted to bring in Trubisky to press Mayfield. Not happy about Puke picking him up, he is better than people think imo. Damn good running threat for one, and played on some abysmal Chicago offenses under Nagy. Also, had a really nice preseason last year in Buffalo. 

    He will extend drives and be a general pain in the ass. Pitt probably has a good idea how they want to use him to leverage his strengths.

    @riffer-x said:

    I wanted to bring in Trubisky to press Mayfield. Not happy about Puke picking him up, he is better than people think imo. Damn good running threat for one, and played on some abysmal Chicago offenses under Nagy. Also, had a really nice preseason last year in Buffalo. 

    He will extend drives and be a general pain in the ass. Pitt probably has a good idea how they want to use him to leverage his strengths.

    I agree. I don’t know how he’s going to be but I’m cautiously optimistic. All I know is the Steelers have gone out of their way now to beef the line. James Daniels is a big signing and mason cole is position versatile. I hope the Steelers go after Jack. I still can’t believe the jags dumped him. I guess that happens when you pay Christian Kirk an absurd contract.