Skip to content

Schefter: Watson to Browns

The Browns Board
428 58 18.0k 1
  • Figured I'd get an early jump on what we're looking at.

    Watching Watson operate from empty sets is night and day different than watching Baker.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Figured I'd get an early jump on what we're looking at.

    Watching Watson operate from empty sets is night and day different than watching Baker.

    Watch some of the goal line sets.  The back shoulder dimes.  Placement with his fade routes and the uncomfortable way he makes the defense think about his running ability.  Red zone offense is going to be a night and day difference 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Open photo

    There is a real possibility watson doesn’t play a down this season. He has a load of civil suits still pending. It drives that first up even higher. Luckily you all have case Keenum who should have played more last year. Watson is a stud but that trade is wiiiiiiillllld and it’s wildness is being ignored. 230m fully guaranteed, three firsts and additional undisclosed draft picks. 

    @vagitron said:

    There is a real possibility watson doesn’t play a down this season. He has a load of civil suits still pending. It drives that first up even higher. Luckily you all have case Keenum who should have played more last year. Watson is a stud but that trade is wiiiiiiillllld and it’s wildness is being ignored. 230m fully guaranteed, three firsts and additional undisclosed draft picks. 

    It's not nearly as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,  Vag....  It was draft picks or players...  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.  

    "The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick" 

    You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is seven years older than Watson.   

  • @vagitron said:

    The Steelers via FA have opened their entire draft to do whatever the hell they want. Honey badger opposite minkah is very possible. All the new contracts are also structured to get out of. You may want to check the qb’s next draft. Watson is terrific but his contract is fully guaranteed and it’s a lot. No firsts for three seasons and who knows what else. You should be happy but acting like the browns are going to run away with the division now is hilarious. I was already talking about how the browns were going to have trouble keeping the roster together and they just gave 230 to one guy, all guaranteed. He’s still gonna be running from our d which is getting better by the day. If Mitch sucks stroud is in play. ?

    Well, plain as mud now why the Browns dumped Tretter and Landry...  Welcome to Cap Hell Browns... BTW, they had better hope Denzel Ward will give them a hometown discount, he's in line for a big raise.  

    @hoorta said:

    Well, plain as mud now why the Browns dumped Tretter and Landry...  Welcome to Cap Hell Browns... BTW, they had better hope Denzel Ward will give them a hometown discount, he's in line for a big raise.  

    Well we drafted Newsome 

  • 1] Note from far down the article -- Three first-rounders was Texans asking price.  So that was part of the deal no matter what the contract was going to be.

    2] 46/yr is actually right in line with the other current top contracts -- mahomes is 45, allen is 43, rodgers is 50.  So not really more hell than the other teams with probowl QB's.

    Now, to get the return on that money will be another thing entirely..  Maybe Clowney and OBJ will give us a probowlQB discount?

  • @vagitron said:

    The Steelers via FA have opened their entire draft to do whatever the hell they want. Honey badger opposite minkah is very possible. All the new contracts are also structured to get out of. You may want to check the qb’s next draft. Watson is terrific but his contract is fully guaranteed and it’s a lot. No firsts for three seasons and who knows what else. You should be happy but acting like the browns are going to run away with the division now is hilarious. I was already talking about how the browns were going to have trouble keeping the roster together and they just gave 230 to one guy, all guaranteed. He’s still gonna be running from our d which is getting better by the day. If Mitch sucks stroud is in play. ?

    Well, plain as mud now why the Browns dumped Tretter and Landry...  Welcome to Cap Hell Browns... BTW, they had better hope Denzel Ward will give them a hometown discount, he's in line for a big raise.  

    @hoorta said:

    Well, plain as mud now why the Browns dumped Tretter and Landry...  Welcome to Cap Hell Browns... BTW, they had better hope Denzel Ward will give them a hometown discount, he's in line for a big raise.  

     Garrett is a $28 million cap hit next season, Amari Cooper $20 million, Watsons $48-  Three players $96 million.

    I hope they know what they're doing.

  • Watson is not a good person but you gotta give Jimmy a little credit in the fact he risked so much to try and bring a Super Bowl here.

    He may of went about it the wrong way.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Johnny Manziel has a better shot to return at this point 

    i think i just need to chill untill after the smoke clears

    @atom said:

    i think i just need to chill untill after the smoke clears

     where I'm at ^^

     as a fan. I can't remember 2 worse flustered days as a browns fan than the last 2 days.. ? 

    Than This !

    a whole lot of smoke will get clearing sooner or later...

    Question? for anyone- is it true Watson's attorney worked Haslam case? 

  • @hoorta said:

    Well, plain as mud now why the Browns dumped Tretter and Landry...  Welcome to Cap Hell Browns... BTW, they had better hope Denzel Ward will give them a hometown discount, he's in line for a big raise.  

     Garrett is a $28 million cap hit next season, Amari Cooper $20 million, Watsons $48-  Three players $96 million.

    I hope they know what they're doing.

    @gorka said:

     Garrett is a $28 million cap hit next season, Amari Cooper $20 million, Watsons $48-  Three players $96 million.

    I hope they know what they're doing.

    Cooper is on a one year prove it deal.  Actually, it's a zero year deal, his dead cap this year is a big fat nothing.  I'm more concerned about Ward, he's on the final year of his rookie contract at $13 million and he's a UFA next year. I doubt he'd be willing to take less.   

    Supposedly the Browns have offered Clowney 2 years $24 million. Will a shot at a Super Bowl make him change his mind and come back?  Also depends on how long Watson is going to be suspended for.  

  • @vagitron said:

    There is a real possibility watson doesn’t play a down this season. He has a load of civil suits still pending. It drives that first up even higher. Luckily you all have case Keenum who should have played more last year. Watson is a stud but that trade is wiiiiiiillllld and it’s wildness is being ignored. 230m fully guaranteed, three firsts and additional undisclosed draft picks. 

    It's not nearly as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,  Vag....  It was draft picks or players...  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.  

    "The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick" 

    You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is seven years older than Watson.   

    @hoorta said:

    It's not nearly as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,  Vag....  It was draft picks or players...  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.  

    "The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick" 

    You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is seven years older than Watson.   

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

  • @hoorta said:

    It's not nearly as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,  Vag....  It was draft picks or players...  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.  

    "The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick" 

    You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is seven years older than Watson.   

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

    @vagitron said:

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

    As I mentioned to Flugels...  $230 million will make a lot of those suits go away...  And correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't Ben have to pay off some of his accusers?   

  • @hoorta said:

    It's not nearly as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,  Vag....  It was draft picks or players...  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.  

    "The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick" 

    You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is seven years older than Watson.   

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

    @vagitron said:

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

    Watson's deal will be money well spent in court.lol

  • And here what the first 45 million paid for...

    276000836_5307702569291734_3173341088009006689_n.jpg

    @nickers said:

    And here what the first 45 million paid for...

    276000836_5307702569291734_3173341088009006689_n.jpg

    the nflpa would not let that happen

  • @hoorta said:

    It's not nearly as wild when you consider what the Broncos just gave up to get Russell Wilson,  Vag....  It was draft picks or players...  We might have been able to cut it down to two firsts, at the cost of giving up say Denzel Ward and a couple more players, but supposedly the Texans only wanted picks... Well- they just got a boatload of them.  

    "The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks (2022 -- No. 9 overall -- and 2023), two second-round picks (2022 -- No. 40 overall -- and 2023) and a 2022 fifth-round selection to the Seahawks for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-round pick" 

    You can quibble about the contract, but in case you're ignoring it, Wilson is seven years older than Watson.   

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

    @vagitron said:

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

    Actually 20 settled 2 pending 

  • Well fellas, I'm a man of my word. I can hope against hope the backlash in Cleveland is enough to cause an uprising, but it won't be.

    Easy decision for me to not support this team and organization until the sexual deviant is gone. It's going to be a hard break from this board, so I genuinely hope the best for all of you. I've come to see many of you as virtual fans and buddies with me, and I hope life treats you well. None of you bastards better die on me until God willing this board is still operational and this clown is off the team. I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but this is an easy line in the sand for me.

    Best of luck-Justin 

    @jrb12711 said:

    Well fellas, I'm a man of my word. I can hope against hope the backlash in Cleveland is enough to cause an uprising, but it won't be.

    Easy decision for me to not support this team and organization until the sexual deviant is gone. It's going to be a hard break from this board, so I genuinely hope the best for all of you. I've come to see many of you as virtual fans and buddies with me, and I hope life treats you well. None of you bastards better die on me until God willing this board is still operational and this clown is off the team. I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but this is an easy line in the sand for me.

    Best of luck-Justin 

    go root for buffalo  later

  • Bring in Kaepernick to back-up and distract the media.  Win win.

  • Will the Browns even do an introduction presser?  If they do, questions will have to be pre-selected. SMH. F’n face of the franchise talking rub & tug and suspension before he takes a snap. This is soooo Browns

  • @vagitron said:

    The draft picks I expected. It’s the 230m fully guaranteed that I think is insane. He has at least 12 civil suits pending. 

    As I mentioned to Flugels...  $230 million will make a lot of those suits go away...  And correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't Ben have to pay off some of his accusers?   

    @hoorta said:

    As I mentioned to Flugels...  $230 million will make a lot of those suits go away...  And correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't Ben have to pay off some of his accusers?   

    I’m talking more to the point that I believe almost no matter what he gets suspended. Beyond that if anything at all happens to him whether it be an injury that is catastrophic or a repeat offense the browns are on the hook unless there are clauses in place. Watson said no to Cleveland and then they got nuts and he’s in uni. If this were the Steelers I’d be irate. Add in how year one was structured it’s even more scummy. I’ve defended Ben plenty but when it all boils down I’ve never cared for how he is as a person. I defended him because he was our qb. I saw the scum bag stuff first hand. He then got all bible thumpy which no offense to anyone here I find nauseating. If I were a browns fan I’d have a hard time being excited about watson. It’s a huge risk and a huge cost. 

  • @hoorta said:

    As I mentioned to Flugels...  $230 million will make a lot of those suits go away...  And correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't Ben have to pay off some of his accusers?   

    I’m talking more to the point that I believe almost no matter what he gets suspended. Beyond that if anything at all happens to him whether it be an injury that is catastrophic or a repeat offense the browns are on the hook unless there are clauses in place. Watson said no to Cleveland and then they got nuts and he’s in uni. If this were the Steelers I’d be irate. Add in how year one was structured it’s even more scummy. I’ve defended Ben plenty but when it all boils down I’ve never cared for how he is as a person. I defended him because he was our qb. I saw the scum bag stuff first hand. He then got all bible thumpy which no offense to anyone here I find nauseating. If I were a browns fan I’d have a hard time being excited about watson. It’s a huge risk and a huge cost. 

    @vagitron said:

    I’m talking more to the point that I believe almost no matter what he gets suspended. Beyond that if anything at all happens to him whether it be an injury that is catastrophic or a repeat offense the browns are on the hook unless there are clauses in place. Watson said no to Cleveland and then they got nuts and he’s in uni. If this were the Steelers I’d be irate. Add in how year one was structured it’s even more scummy. I’ve defended Ben plenty but when it all boils down I’ve never cared for how he is as a person. I defended him because he was our qb. I saw the scum bag stuff first hand. He then got all bible thumpy which no offense to anyone here I find nauseating. If I were a browns fan I’d have a hard time being excited about watson. It’s a huge risk and a huge cost. 

    why are you even here ? and why do you care ? 

  • its sorta funny how lots on here talked bout big ben but now condone the browns getting watson! I hate ben i hate the steelers but ben looks like a saint compared to watson!

  • Just keep Watson away from your daughters.