Skip to content

Schefter: Watson to Browns

The Browns Board
428 58 18.0k 1
  • Zombo said:

    Yep. Nothing would have ever came out. The Texans are the worst run organization,  run by a creepy religious guy, and when Watson wanted out, they got their creepy lawyer guy to gather claims about Watson's creepy massage behavior. 

    So now Watson gets out, The Texans get a boatload of draft picks, the civil cases will get settled, and the Browns will win the Super Bowl.

    Hey the newlywed Baker Mayfield was supposedly getting a blowie from a young lady in the Cheesecake Factory parking lot ... And I didn't care if it was true or not ... Because he's a football player, not my moral compass.

    And if you think Watson is the only athlete that asks for a little kink from the massage ladies ... umm ... these guys are largely pigs that we root for ... And so was I at that age ... I just want our pigs to be better than their pigs.

    Watson is a Christian who is inappropriate with women ... You'd think the Religious Right would love him, vote for him if they could ... but it they just want to hypocriticaly hold their noses while he scores touchdowns, that's fine with me too ... But I will be dancing,  guilt-free, all the way to my Browns finally winning this fucking division.

    Z

    The Hershel Watson deal came to mind...err I mean Walker.

    Difference was that Dallas were the ones going to Super Bowls.

    I know, Walker was not a stud QB. Thats another difference.

    The smart thing about this deal is that we have a history of fucking up our first round picks anyway so may as well let someone else have them.

    @gorka said:

    The Hershel Watson deal comes to mind...err I mean Walker.

    Difference was that Dallas were the ones going to Super Bowls.

    I know, Walker was not a QB.

    The smart thing about this deal is that we have a history of fucking up our first round picks anyway so may as well let someone else have them.

    when you play the scenarios of not making this trade things get better. 

    And really we just lost our first round pick this year.

    We get started earlier with a QB who has proven himself at this level.  We have a team ready to win now with guys in their prime. We would have had another 8-9 type year with Baker and lost him with no picks and we would have used 2023, 2024 first round picks and other picks to move up to target a 2023 QB that would take year or two to develop when we have an open window now.

  • @gorka said:

     Shocked yes, but not the way you think. Haters and trolls as in "envious football fans"?  Um no, those aren't in play in this case either.

     And this deal by Berry was nowhere near amazing. 

    They are shook. The Browns are contenders and they are pissed we are no longer losers. 

    I take it you're a Baker apologist. You and the other Baker apologists will hereby be known as "The Baker Butthurt".

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    They are shook. The Browns are contenders and they are pissed we are no longer losers. 

    I take it you're a Baker apologist. You and the other Baker apologists will hereby be known as "The Baker Butthurt".

    Nope not an apologist, I've been a critic. 

    Wise up. The sentiment before Watson became a Brown:

    Any NFL team that trades for Deshaun Watson can expect deserved public outrage | Sporting News

    And what a surprise,..it's gonna be little ol' us getting it.

  • @gorka said:

    The Hershel Watson deal comes to mind...err I mean Walker.

    Difference was that Dallas were the ones going to Super Bowls.

    I know, Walker was not a QB.

    The smart thing about this deal is that we have a history of fucking up our first round picks anyway so may as well let someone else have them.

    when you play the scenarios of not making this trade things get better. 

    And really we just lost our first round pick this year.

    We get started earlier with a QB who has proven himself at this level.  We have a team ready to win now with guys in their prime. We would have had another 8-9 type year with Baker and lost him with no picks and we would have used 2023, 2024 first round picks and other picks to move up to target a 2023 QB that would take year or two to develop when we have an open window now.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    when you play the scenarios of not making this trade things get better. 

    And really we just lost our first round pick this year.

    We get started earlier with a QB who has proven himself at this level.  We have a team ready to win now with guys in their prime. We would have had another 8-9 type year with Baker and lost him with no picks and we would have used 2023, 2024 first round picks and other picks to move up to target a 2023 QB that would take year or two to develop when we have an open window now.

    Agree, an entirely different set of circumstances that refutes my kneejerk comment.

  • @hoorta said:

    As I mentioned to Flugels...  $230 million will make a lot of those suits go away...  And correct me if I'm wrong... But didn't Ben have to pay off some of his accusers?   

    I’m talking more to the point that I believe almost no matter what he gets suspended. Beyond that if anything at all happens to him whether it be an injury that is catastrophic or a repeat offense the browns are on the hook unless there are clauses in place. Watson said no to Cleveland and then they got nuts and he’s in uni. If this were the Steelers I’d be irate. Add in how year one was structured it’s even more scummy. I’ve defended Ben plenty but when it all boils down I’ve never cared for how he is as a person. I defended him because he was our qb. I saw the scum bag stuff first hand. He then got all bible thumpy which no offense to anyone here I find nauseating. If I were a browns fan I’d have a hard time being excited about watson. It’s a huge risk and a huge cost. 

    @vagitron said:

    I’ve defended Ben plenty but when it all boils down I’ve never cared for how he is as a person. I defended him because he was our qb. I saw the scum bag stuff first hand. He then got all bible thumpy which no offense to anyone here I find nauseating. If I were a browns fan I’d have a hard time being excited about watson. It’s a huge risk and a huge cost. 

    What in the hell are you even talking about?  You knew Ben was a scumbag and didn't like him as a human but defended him because he's your qb. However you expect browns fans (who haven't seen their new qb be a scumbag) to not defend or be excited about their new qb. I'm just curious what makes you so special that you're allowed to defend a scumbag because he's your qb but browns fans can't be excited about their qb who is possibly (very likely even) a scumbag. 

    If you came on here and constantly shit on Ben when he played for you guys because he was a scumbag then you would have some consistency or moral high ground to stand on.  Otherwise you're just coming on here to start up shit or you're afraid how good the Watson led browns will be

  • In the end, a good trade.

    If nothing else, it shows that Berry and crew aren't willing to stand still while the AFC continues to get better.

    I was a supporter of Baker before he was drafted and happy when he was drafted.  After about the middle of the last season it was pretty clear he had some serious limitations, then sitting out the last game after saying it was his decision to play, and then the   farewell speech given a few days early tell me he has some bitch in him.  I am glad we are in a position to trade him.

    It's funny.  The guy came out with his statement after it was reported we wouldn't get Watson.  The trade request was to stick it to us.  I would have liked to see the guys face once we did land Watson.  It had to be classic.

    In the end I want us to get the best deal for him, but part of me hopes a team like Detroit makes a offer that is at least close. Or maybe the Chargers are looking for a vet QB to back Herbert?  It's rather funny how bakers statements, which he thought could be leveraged in his favor have turned in to shit for the guy.

    I don't usually talk about a persons spouse, but I don't think Emily is exactly the person one needs to be listening to about career moves.  JMO

  • Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    @flugel said:

    Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

      I am good with the move now that the Grand Jury didn't issue a true bill.  Contrary to some of the opinions around here, our justice system is based on what you can prove, not what you think, and everybody should be very happy about that.  As to compensation, I think it is pretty well established around the league that Baker is a high maintenance person after some of his antics the last month or two.  I think maybe a conditional 3rd that might include a 4th the following season will be about right, but you never know.  We might get better.

  • Follow this, 

    Wilson traded to Denver  afc west

    Mahomes

    Hebert

    Denver will be a 4th place team in their division. 

    Berry please trade faker to Seattle for the Denver picks and were good.

    Those will be quality picks. 

  • Do Ohio slobs massage?

  • The histrionics by some of these Browns "fans" over the Watson signing is a head-scratcher to me.

    This is America, where you are innocent until proven guilty. Watson was brought before a grand jury where his accusers testified in open court, and the grand jury did not find enough evidence to bring any charges against him. Zip. Zero. Nada. I hardly believe that the Browns FO and other team's FO's would have pursued Watson if any of those accusations had teeth.

    And it's kind of interesting how all these accusations came out of the woodwork shortly after Watson demanded a trade from the Texans last year. Interesting timing.

    Deshaun Watson fires back at 22 accusers with ‘money grab’ claim

    @jbluhm86 said:

    The histrionics by some of these Browns "fans" over the Watson signing is a head-scratcher to me.

    "Fans"  I love hearing that shit.  Being critical of or disagreeing with your teams decisions doesn't disqualify you from being a fan. Being on board with the signing doesn't make you a bigger fan than those that are critical.  Debate and discussion is what being a fan is all about. Isn't that what this message board is for?

    This is America, where you are innocent until proven guilty. Watson was brought before a grand jury where his accusers testified in open court, and the grand jury did not find enough evidence to bring any charges against him. Zip. Zero. Nada. I hardly believe that the Browns FO and other team's FO's would have pursued Watson if any of those accusations had teeth. 

    Well you have to admit the Browns in particular are desperate. We have in place right now a Super Bowl roster minus a QB that wasn't going anywhere without one. Something had to be done.

    But c'mon man. Having no teeth as it pertains to criminality yes of course. Teams were now free to pursue him, get his ass on their roster and worry about the civil shit later. Your reasoning makes no sense.

    And it's kind of interesting how all these accusations came out of the woodwork shortly after Watson demanded a trade from the Texans last year. Interesting timing.

    Deshaun Watson fires back at 22 accusers with ‘money grab’ claim

    It's interesting that you believe that all 22 were lying.  That sums up your entire post as being one big compilation of denial.

    We better get a fuckin Super Bowl win out of this deal.

  • https://rollingout.com/2021/08/02/deshaun-watsons-ex-masseuse-claims-he-wanted-her-to-give-him-anal-massage/

    Ironic that he winds up giving one to the Cleveland Browns organization and their fans.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    https://rollingout.com/2021/08/02/deshaun-watsons-ex-masseuse-claims-he-wanted-her-to-give-him-anal-massage/

    Ironic that he winds up giving one to the Cleveland Browns organization and their fans.

    WSS

  • Do Ohio slobs massage?

    @skippinturtles said:

    Watson won't be tempted by the slobs in Ohio.

    I feel certain that his agent didn't want him in New Orleans.

  • @flugel said:

    Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    Well Tom- Watson now has $230 million to make all those civil suits disappear like magic.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    Well Tom- Watson now has $230 million to make all those civil suits disappear like magic.  🙂  

    Yes, he does Larry.   That said, our biggest worry is the NFL Commissioner's God Complex.  

  • I have a serious question for those that are outraged after DW's signing, but for some reason weren't before even though Hunt plays on the team and has a significant role:

    Is it strictly the numbers that matter to you? Meaning it's OK if it's just one woman but you draw the line at 23?

    Is it the offense that bothers you? Sex stuff is where you draw the line, and sometimes "loud, nasty bitches acting the fool" just gotta be boot stomped and punched, cause after all, they deserve it?

    Is it DW is a QB and Hunt is just a RB? 

    ^ All serious questions, and all I'm am asking is you to do is actually think about it and look inside yourself for just 90 seconds before furiously typing your reply. Anyone here is free to search my posts on when we signed Hunt and you will see that I thought (and still do) that he was (is) a piece of shit of a man that I saw with my own 2 eyes do exactly what he was accused of doing.  

    EDIT: I'm guessing this post will more than likely roll right on by with no quotes or replies because defending any one of those 3 questions would - and quite frankly should, make anyone look at themselves just a little differently the next time they brush their teeth. 

    I'm not defending DW (with the lone exception being his right that he is innocent until proven guilty) and I wish our franchise QB was someone like Peyton Manning in terms of character...... but I guess in typical Browns fashion, it's simply a careful what you wish for thing. 

    EDIT2: .... and don't even get me started on the team we all root for being owned by a white collar crook that stole from the tables of hard working people. 

    ^ This is why you all should watch Supercross. There is literally none of this shit there and all of the dudes are easy to root for. 

  • Follow this, 

    Wilson traded to Denver  afc west

    Mahomes

    Hebert

    Denver will be a 4th place team in their division. 

    Berry please trade faker to Seattle for the Denver picks and were good.

    Those will be quality picks. 

    @silver-slayer said:

    Berry please trade faker to Seattle for the Denver picks and were good.

    Those will be quality picks. 

    can't see the Hawks giving up 1.9 in Denver deal..

    2nds or 3rds maybe ?   

    Carolina has nothing in picks left, but a high 1st (6)... Prefer a Hawks or Saints (#49/comps. #98 &#101) trade well over a Colts trade.. NFC please !  

    Round 2

    33. Jacksonville
    34. Detroit
    35. New York Jets
    36. New York Giants
    37. Houston
    38. New York Jets (from Carolina)
    39. Chicago
    40. Seattle (from Denver)*
    41. Seattle*
    42. Indianapolis (from Washington)*
    43. Atlanta*

    44. Cleveland ******* (D'Ernest Johnson has a additional 2nd round tag vs matching ?)

    Round 3

    65. Jacksonville
    66. Detroit
    67. New York Giants
    68. Houston
    69. New York Jets
    70. Jacksonville (from Carolina)
    71. Chicago
    72. Seattle*
    73. Indianapolis (from Washington)*
    74. Atlanta*

    75. Denver

    76. Baltimore
    77. Minnesota
    78. Cleveland ***********

  • Watson is better than any player in the next 3 drafts.  Just hope he stays healthy.

  • @vagitron said:

    I’ve defended Ben plenty but when it all boils down I’ve never cared for how he is as a person. I defended him because he was our qb. I saw the scum bag stuff first hand. He then got all bible thumpy which no offense to anyone here I find nauseating. If I were a browns fan I’d have a hard time being excited about watson. It’s a huge risk and a huge cost. 

    What in the hell are you even talking about?  You knew Ben was a scumbag and didn't like him as a human but defended him because he's your qb. However you expect browns fans (who haven't seen their new qb be a scumbag) to not defend or be excited about their new qb. I'm just curious what makes you so special that you're allowed to defend a scumbag because he's your qb but browns fans can't be excited about their qb who is possibly (very likely even) a scumbag. 

    If you came on here and constantly shit on Ben when he played for you guys because he was a scumbag then you would have some consistency or moral high ground to stand on.  Otherwise you're just coming on here to start up shit or you're afraid how good the Watson led browns will be

    @bjh2130 said:

    What in the hell are you even talking about?  You knew Ben was a scumbag and didn't like him as a human but defended him because he's your qb. However you expect browns fans (who haven't seen their new qb be a scumbag) to not defend or be excited about their new qb. I'm just curious what makes you so special that you're allowed to defend a scumbag because he's your qb but browns fans can't be excited about their qb who is possibly (very likely even) a scumbag. 

    If you came on here and constantly shit on Ben when he played for you guys because he was a scumbag then you would have some consistency or moral high ground to stand on.  Otherwise you're just coming on here to start up shit or you're afraid how good the Watson led browns will be

    I at no point said people couldn’t be excited about watson. I think the contract is insane. I think the contract is a massive risk and I think the contract sets a seriously stupid precedent that I hope the rest of the league doesn’t adopt. I’ve said multiple times how good he is. I’ve also said multiple times how insane the contract is and that doesn’t include the rest of the trade on top of it. He’s worth those draft picks. 
     

    As far as Ben is concerned he was a total moron as a young qb and then he became a bible thumper. I saw first hand the girls lining up outside his entourage at various bars in Pittsburgh. I have several personal stories either from me seeing it or friends telling me about it. I still stand by the notion that the dude didn’t rape anyone. Georgia was a sorority girl that had her feelings hurt when Ben didn’t want to lock it down and date. Either way I’m not rehashing all that bs for the 1000 time. Go back through the things I said and find where I said people shouldn’t be excited. I said I’d be irate if I were a steeler fan because 230 fully guaranteed is insane if the dude doesn’t stay on the straight and narrow. The browns also structured the contract in a really shady manner. If we are just talking football and nothing else, no contract no risk. He’s a stallion. 
     

    lastly the amount of rapistburger shit posted on here was daily and relentless I don’t want to hear a fucking peep about moral high ground when a large number of you aren’t saying shit about it. Although there are several not happy about it and for good reason. Watson didn’t want to come to Cleveland and the browns had to break every  damn trade barrier in the business to make it happen. I’m not going to post in this thread anymore. Better hope the dude stays on the straight and narrow because that contract is a bomb if anything goes wrong. 
     

  • @bjh2130 said:

    What in the hell are you even talking about?  You knew Ben was a scumbag and didn't like him as a human but defended him because he's your qb. However you expect browns fans (who haven't seen their new qb be a scumbag) to not defend or be excited about their new qb. I'm just curious what makes you so special that you're allowed to defend a scumbag because he's your qb but browns fans can't be excited about their qb who is possibly (very likely even) a scumbag. 

    If you came on here and constantly shit on Ben when he played for you guys because he was a scumbag then you would have some consistency or moral high ground to stand on.  Otherwise you're just coming on here to start up shit or you're afraid how good the Watson led browns will be

    I at no point said people couldn’t be excited about watson. I think the contract is insane. I think the contract is a massive risk and I think the contract sets a seriously stupid precedent that I hope the rest of the league doesn’t adopt. I’ve said multiple times how good he is. I’ve also said multiple times how insane the contract is and that doesn’t include the rest of the trade on top of it. He’s worth those draft picks. 
     

    As far as Ben is concerned he was a total moron as a young qb and then he became a bible thumper. I saw first hand the girls lining up outside his entourage at various bars in Pittsburgh. I have several personal stories either from me seeing it or friends telling me about it. I still stand by the notion that the dude didn’t rape anyone. Georgia was a sorority girl that had her feelings hurt when Ben didn’t want to lock it down and date. Either way I’m not rehashing all that bs for the 1000 time. Go back through the things I said and find where I said people shouldn’t be excited. I said I’d be irate if I were a steeler fan because 230 fully guaranteed is insane if the dude doesn’t stay on the straight and narrow. The browns also structured the contract in a really shady manner. If we are just talking football and nothing else, no contract no risk. He’s a stallion. 
     

    lastly the amount of rapistburger shit posted on here was daily and relentless I don’t want to hear a fucking peep about moral high ground when a large number of you aren’t saying shit about it. Although there are several not happy about it and for good reason. Watson didn’t want to come to Cleveland and the browns had to break every  damn trade barrier in the business to make it happen. I’m not going to post in this thread anymore. Better hope the dude stays on the straight and narrow because that contract is a bomb if anything goes wrong. 
     

    @vagitron said:

    Better hope the dude stays on the straight and narrow because that contract is a bomb if anything goes wrong

    Oh did you read the wording in the contract already? I'm pretty sure like all contracts there will be a morality clause that if he's not on the "straight and narrow" it will void his contract. Some players have clauses in their contract that if they get hurt riding a motorcycle or playing basketball the team can void out their contract, but you don't think the browns put anything of a morality clause in it. That's laughable

  • Watson is better than any player in the next 3 drafts.  Just hope he stays healthy.

    @skippinturtles said:

    Watson is better than any player in the next 3 drafts.  Just hope he stays healthy.

    Don't cream your pants that we have Watson. On a pure  playing performance perspective. Better than Baker? Yep. Better than any QB prospect in the 2022 draft? Yep. As Vag will tell you,  the 2023 draft will be loaded with top QB prospects, but will they instantly make that team a Super Bowl  contender? Nope, just ask Trevor Lawrence. As to the 2024 draft, how much are you charging to use your crystal ball?  I need a few hot stock picks.  😁

  • @vagitron said:

    Better hope the dude stays on the straight and narrow because that contract is a bomb if anything goes wrong

    Oh did you read the wording in the contract already? I'm pretty sure like all contracts there will be a morality clause that if he's not on the "straight and narrow" it will void his contract. Some players have clauses in their contract that if they get hurt riding a motorcycle or playing basketball the team can void out their contract, but you don't think the browns put anything of a morality clause in it. That's laughable

    @bjh2130 said:

    Oh did you read the wording in the contract already? I'm pretty sure like all contracts there will be a morality clause that if he's not on the "straight and narrow" it will void his contract. Some players have clauses in their contract that if they get hurt riding a motorcycle or playing basketball the team can void out their contract, but you don't the browns put anything of a morality clause in it. That's laughable

    Not only has Vag read the contract he has also declared that he refuses to hear one fucking peep about moral high ground from anyone here. A squeller fan on a Browns message board telling us what we can post. You could just go away.