Schefter: Watson to Browns
-
It is amazing how such a large portion of the Browns fanbase waxes poetic about QBs who, in the grand scheme of the NFL and its history, are fairly pedestrian players.
It's going to be 2050 and I'll still be reading:
I'll never forget the night that Baker came off the bench in his first NFL game and unlocked the Bud Light Refrigerator by beating a franchise as historically shitty as the Browns have been since they came back in the league!It is amazing how such a large portion of the Browns fanbase waxes poetic about QBs who, in the grand scheme of the NFL and its history, are fairly pedestrian players.
It's going to be 2050 and I'll still be reading:
I'll never forget the night that Baker came off the bench in his first NFL game and unlocked the Bud Light Refrigerator by beating a franchise as historically shitty as the Browns have been since they came back in the league!Good point!
-
All that is fine and dandy; but I saw this team win 11 games and rathouse Pittsburgh 48-37 in the playoffs to see what is possible. That already separates him from Andy Dalton. One of our losses was a 47-42 loss on Thursday Night Football only because Baltimore got the ball last. Anyone call out the defense that night while the offense put 6 TDs (no FGs) on the board? One of the best games of that year according to the announcers of it. Anyone show film of Baker that night? Of course not. Whether you want to admit this or not, in the KC playoff game (at KC) - Baker hit Higgins with a pass that should have been the GW score late in the 4th qtr. Guess who fumbled 3 inches in front of the goal line for a touchback? Higgins. We can pretend that never happened but a more talented WR secures that football or gets to the goal line quicker. That TD would have put the Browns in the AFC Championship with the QB I keep reading just can't win. You've seen him do it.
Shifting gears to now. I was thinking that giving Baker his final year of the contract, keeping our next 3 1st round picks and having an opportunity to draft one of these QBs (Pickett, Corral, Strong, Willis) at #13 overall wouldn't have us worrying about the length of a suspension. Roger won't be afraid to make an example of Watson; because it sure looks like he's excited about doing his own investigation. The last time he investigated what a dirt bag Daniel Snyder - the only person that got punished was Jon Gruden (from another organization). Stay tuned? We have no choice.
Tom, You just LOVE too bring up the HIGH HIGHS of Baker's career, and want to totally ignore the LOW LOWS. The talking heads have him pegged as wildly inconsistent. I happen to agree. If I wanted to waste more time than I'm willing to commit to this discussion, I'm sure I could easily drag up some totally suckful performances by Mayfield that cost the Browns games.
Tom, You just LOVE too bring up the HIGH HIGHS of Baker's career, and want to totally ignore the LOW LOWS. The talking heads have him pegged as wildly inconsistent. I happen to agree. If I wanted to waste more time than I'm willing to commit to this discussion, I'm sure I could easily drag up some totally suckful performances by Mayfield that cost the Browns games.
And you haven't clung to just the LOWS Larry? I've agreed a million times his 2021 season was a massive disappointment Larry. Just to make you happy - I'll do it again. Baker sucked last year! All this is behind us now except for the 18 million $ guaranteed salary preventing potential teams that should be interested from taking the risk on a guy we can't throw away fast enough.
-
I sorta allways get a little pissed about board members calling are players disparaging names One that pissed me off was gerbal peppers I have always backed are players (ya even johnny stupid face even tho i knew i was just bullshitting myself) and for baker there is seattle and carolina seem to be in the market for a starting qb so maybe a 6th or 7th round pick or just a flat out release (which would suck cause we would still be on the hook for some monnies )
I hear ya! Thanks for explaining where you were coming from. The ill-advised name I used was my reaction to an owner that sentenced us to 1-31 football and watching how willing he was to throw 2 guys (that we're instrumental to giving this fanbase and football team a pulse again) in the trash. He thought nothing of getting rid of Landry and Baker (regardless of how bad Baker played in 2021). All of a sudden he pulls this "I think Deshaun Watson is the answer to all of our prayers - make it happen at all costs FO!" Here's a guy that hasn't been able to play football for legal issues that the NFL Commissioner needs to investigate further for a suspension. Public perception beyond the Browns' fans that just want to freakin win - is this looks really bad. The Commish will be reminded of this before he decides on his length of suspension. Then what? Jacoby Brissett? Keep in mind, the FO gave up 3 1st round picks and guaranteed that salary.
If this all goes wrong like it can - it ain't gonna be Baker Mayfield that's the horrible guy so many want him to be. It's the same guy that got in trouble as an owner of a business before he came to Cleveland.
The 2020 season brought back a lot of fond memories of QBs I enjoyed in the 80s (Sipe and Kosar) that consistently overcame imperfections to deliver us some exciting football. Baker in 2020 reminded me of them somewhat (in only his 3rd year as a starter before many here proclaimed his 2021 season the tell-all). I wanted to see the last year of the contract that our FO agreed upon with Baker while we held a 13th overall pick that positioned us to draft a promising young replacement if Baker failed. Today, it feels like we're awaiting how long Jacoby Brissett is our starting QB. Hard to get pumped up about it.
I hear ya! Thanks for explaining where you were coming from. The ill-advised name I used was my reaction to an owner that sentenced us to 1-31 football and watching how willing he was to throw 2 guys (that we're instrumental to giving this fanbase and football team a pulse again) in the trash. He thought nothing of getting rid of Landry and Baker (regardless of how bad Baker played in 2021). All of a sudden he pulls this "I think Deshaun Watson is the answer to all of our prayers - make it happen at all costs FO!" Here's a guy that hasn't been able to play football for legal issues that the NFL Commissioner needs to investigate further for a suspension. Public perception beyond the Browns' fans that just want to freakin win - is this looks really bad. The Commish will be reminded of this before he decides on his length of suspension. Then what? Jacoby Brissett? Keep in mind, the FO gave up 3 1st round picks and guaranteed that salary.
If this all goes wrong like it can - it ain't gonna be Baker Mayfield that's the horrible guy so many want him to be. It's the same guy that got in trouble as an owner of a business before he came to Cleveland.
The 2020 season brought back a lot of fond memories of QBs I enjoyed in the 80s (Sipe and Kosar) that consistently overcame imperfections to deliver us some exciting football. Baker in 2020 reminded me of them somewhat (in only his 3rd year as a starter before many here proclaimed his 2021 season the tell-all). I wanted to see the last year of the contract that our FO agreed upon with Baker while we held a 13th overall pick that positioned us to draft a promising young replacement if Baker failed. Today, it feels like we're awaiting how long Jacoby Brissett is our starting QB. Hard to get pumped up about it.
Well hey... I called Sendejo , The Pendejo...It was fun and it rhymed lol!
-
I'll sort of leave Mr. Watson out of the conversation. BUT... Hey there Mr. Flugels... Baker's AMAZING career performances to date are overall SO spectacular that the Colts opted for Matt Ryan and a third round pick instead. And gosh darn, the Saints would rather have Famous Jamis. And when Ryan shipped up North to Indy, the Falcons opted for MAR-E-OTTA Instead. Notice a trend there?
Too bad, so sad. Beating the Steelers in a playoff game where Ben & company were (pun intended) Baking up turnovers at a prodigious rate, doesn't mean Jack shit to the rest of the NFL. We may have to go the Osweiler route, and give up the 7th round pick we got for Keenum just to have another team take Baker and his $18 million salary off our hands.
Wonderful! Welcome to Jacoby Brissett as your new starting QB with Brock Osweiler as an alternative. I'm not nearly as excited as you are about that. And now you're complaining to me about the Browns beating Pittsburgh 48-37 AT Pittsburgh in the playoffs after an 11-5 season just 3 years after 0-16 football (and 1-15 the year before that)? Don't you have to understand where we were at to understand that was fun for us as fans again?
After seeing Indy's last choice of QB (Wentz) - I'd refrain from making them your role model for picking QB solutions today. We're beyond the point of arguing who and who doesn't want Baker. It's over. There was a better way to do this. Already explained it a few times in this thread..
EDIT: Just heard a replay of Adam Shefter's report saying teams aren't refraining from Baker for a perceived lack of talent - it's the 18 million $ salary the Browns guaranteed him in his contract for this year. The ESPN show hosts agreed that as soon as the Browns eat that guaranteed salary and cut him - teams like Seattle and/or Carolina probably won't hesitate to bring him in.
EDIT: Just heard a replay of Adam Shefter's report saying teams aren't refraining from Baker for a perceived lack of talent - it's the 18 million $ salary the Browns guaranteed him in his contract for this year. The ESPN show hosts agreed that as soon as the Browns eat that guaranteed salary and cut him - teams like Seattle and/or Carolina probably won't hesitate to bring him in.
Carolina's problem (doing a little research) is they have Sam Darnold's $18 million albatross to deal with. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith. So from my POV, there's really no market for Baker unless the Browns give him away. If the report I saw from SI is true, and the Browns are also asking for a first round pick for Baker, dream on Berry. BTW, the Commanders had no problems picking up Wentz's $22 million, so I'm not buying what Schefter is selling.
As to the Browns flat out cutting Mayfield, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can eat the $18 million dead cap hit. EDIT: Actually, looking at Spotrac, the Browns have somehow managed to free up $22 million in cap space. So in theory, they could eat Bakers contract. I saw another way would be to restructure Baker (if he's willing) and pay him say a (pick a number) a 2022 bonus of $8-10 million, that would cut his salary in half, making him a lot more attractive proposition to other teams.
-
EDIT: Just heard a replay of Adam Shefter's report saying teams aren't refraining from Baker for a perceived lack of talent - it's the 18 million $ salary the Browns guaranteed him in his contract for this year. The ESPN show hosts agreed that as soon as the Browns eat that guaranteed salary and cut him - teams like Seattle and/or Carolina probably won't hesitate to bring him in.
Carolina's problem (doing a little research) is they have Sam Darnold's $18 million albatross to deal with. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith. So from my POV, there's really no market for Baker unless the Browns give him away. If the report I saw from SI is true, and the Browns are also asking for a first round pick for Baker, dream on Berry. BTW, the Commanders had no problems picking up Wentz's $22 million, so I'm not buying what Schefter is selling.
As to the Browns flat out cutting Mayfield, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can eat the $18 million dead cap hit. EDIT: Actually, looking at Spotrac, the Browns have somehow managed to free up $22 million in cap space. So in theory, they could eat Bakers contract. I saw another way would be to restructure Baker (if he's willing) and pay him say a (pick a number) a 2022 bonus of $8-10 million, that would cut his salary in half, making him a lot more attractive proposition to other teams.
Carolina's problem (doing a little research) is they have Sam Darnold's $18 million albatross to deal with. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith. So from my POV, there's really no market for Baker unless the Browns give him away. If the report I saw from SI is true, and the Browns are also asking for a first round pick for Baker, dream on Berry. BTW, the Commanders had no problems picking up Wentz's $22 million, so I'm not buying what Schefter is selling.
As to the Browns flat out cutting Mayfield, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can eat the $18 million dead cap hit. EDIT: Actually, looking at Spotrac, the Browns have somehow managed to free up $22 million in cap space. So in theory, they could eat Bakers contract. I saw another way would be to restructure Baker (if he's willing) and pay him say a (pick a number) a 2022 bonus of $8-10 million, that would cut his salary in half, making him a lot more attractive proposition to other teams.
I'm with you here believe it or not. Washington did up Wentz before this whole thing took place anyway; and Daniel Snyder isn't the brightest apple in the orchard. Most of the potential teams have already signed guys for less than the $18 million (ie; Matt Ryan). I think Ryan is getting slightly less for 2 years. Russell Wilson is elite like Watson so they're getting the mega cake. Not sure what Trubisky got for 2 years; but that was done very early and the length of contract has me almost certain they're drafting someone in round 1. who knows any more. Apparently I don't...
-
Carolina's problem (doing a little research) is they have Sam Darnold's $18 million albatross to deal with. Seattle has Drew Lock and Geno Smith. So from my POV, there's really no market for Baker unless the Browns give him away. If the report I saw from SI is true, and the Browns are also asking for a first round pick for Baker, dream on Berry. BTW, the Commanders had no problems picking up Wentz's $22 million, so I'm not buying what Schefter is selling.
As to the Browns flat out cutting Mayfield, I'm all ears as to how the Browns can eat the $18 million dead cap hit. EDIT: Actually, looking at Spotrac, the Browns have somehow managed to free up $22 million in cap space. So in theory, they could eat Bakers contract. I saw another way would be to restructure Baker (if he's willing) and pay him say a (pick a number) a 2022 bonus of $8-10 million, that would cut his salary in half, making him a lot more attractive proposition to other teams.
I'm with you here believe it or not. Washington did up Wentz before this whole thing took place anyway; and Daniel Snyder isn't the brightest apple in the orchard. Most of the potential teams have already signed guys for less than the $18 million (ie; Matt Ryan). I think Ryan is getting slightly less for 2 years. Russell Wilson is elite like Watson so they're getting the mega cake. Not sure what Trubisky got for 2 years; but that was done very early and the length of contract has me almost certain they're drafting someone in round 1. who knows any more. Apparently I don't...
I'm with you here believe it or not. Washington did up Wentz before this whole thing took place anyway; and Daniel Snyder isn't the brightest apple in the orchard. Most of the potential teams have already signed guys for less than the $18 million (ie; Matt Ryan). I think Ryan is getting slightly less for 2 years. Russell Wilson is elite like Watson so they're getting the mega cake. Not sure what Trubisky got for 2 years; but that was done very early and the length of contract has me almost certain they're drafting someone in round 1. who knows any more. Apparently I don't...
LOL, don't you ever read what our resident Steeler fan Vagitron posts? Low risk, high reward- according to him.
I have a Spotrac widget on my home screen, so piece of cake looking Mitch up. Two years, $14 million, $5 million signing bonus. Other than his signing bonus, his 2022 salary is damn near vet minimum.
BTW, the Internet chatter is Baker really wanted to go to Indy. Telling that the Colts went with with Matty Ice instead. I have to wonder if besides the guaranteed money, teams are concerned about the status of Baker's non-throwing shoulder.
-
The problem with getting a good pick really isn't Baker as much as the team has no leverage. Today I see Seattle is going to go with Drew Lock on a 1.8 mil contract.
Teams know the Browns want to get rid of Baker. Several teams have settled their QB position. Between low demand and no team leverage, it is similar to a home owner who has to sell with just a few buyers. It's a buyers market for Baker.
At this point I think we might be willing to take a 5th rounder and us pay a large portion of his money. That or we will just sit on him and hope someone gets injured. Maybe we keep him inactive for the season and pay him.
-
The problem with getting a good pick really isn't Baker as much as the team has no leverage. Today I see Seattle is going to go with Drew Lock on a 1.8 mil contract.
Teams know the Browns want to get rid of Baker. Several teams have settled their QB position. Between low demand and no team leverage, it is similar to a home owner who has to sell with just a few buyers. It's a buyers market for Baker.
At this point I think we might be willing to take a 5th rounder and us pay a large portion of his money. That or we will just sit on him and hope someone gets injured. Maybe we keep him inactive for the season and pay him.
The problem with getting a good pick really isn't Baker as much as the team has no leverage. Today I see Seattle is going to go with Drew Lock on a 1.8 mil contract.
Teams know the Browns want to get rid of Baker. Several teams have settled their QB position. Between low demand and no team leverage, it is similar to a home owner who has to sell with just a few buyers. It's a buyers market for Baker.
The Eagles were in the same position with Carson Wentz last year, and got nice compensation for him from the Colts.
-
I didn't mention all the things working against us. Wentz checks a lot of the boxes Baker doesn't. Baker had recent shoulder surgery. Baker seems to be a high maintenance player. He is in the option year of his rookie contract that pays 19 million. It is going to be a tough sell.
I hope I am wrong.
-
I didn't mention all the things working against us. Wentz checks a lot of the boxes Baker doesn't. Baker had recent shoulder surgery. Baker seems to be a high maintenance player. He is in the option year of his rookie contract that pays 19 million. It is going to be a tough sell.
I hope I am wrong.
I didn't mention all the things working against us. Wentz checks a lot of the boxes Baker doesn't. Baker had recent shoulder surgery. Baker seems to be a high maintenance player. He is in the option year of his rookie contract that pays 19 million. It is going to be a tough sell.
I hope I am wrong.
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
-
I didn't mention all the things working against us. Wentz checks a lot of the boxes Baker doesn't. Baker had recent shoulder surgery. Baker seems to be a high maintenance player. He is in the option year of his rookie contract that pays 19 million. It is going to be a tough sell.
I hope I am wrong.
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
Well the league owes the Browns for all of the free Ws over the last two decades.
-
The problem with getting a good pick really isn't Baker as much as the team has no leverage. Today I see Seattle is going to go with Drew Lock on a 1.8 mil contract.
Teams know the Browns want to get rid of Baker. Several teams have settled their QB position. Between low demand and no team leverage, it is similar to a home owner who has to sell with just a few buyers. It's a buyers market for Baker.
The Eagles were in the same position with Carson Wentz last year, and got nice compensation for him from the Colts.
The Eagles were in the same position with Carson Wentz last year, and got nice compensation for him from the Colts.
But Wentz didn't have a bum shoulder that needed off season surgery. and he's certainly a high character guy.
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
The only team that should be legitimately pissed off at the Browns is dem dere Baltimore Ratbirds. Shoulda signed Lamar Jackson to a long term deal before the Browns reset the compensation level for QBs. I bet Lamar's agent is creaming his pants over the extra $50 million or so he's going to get now.
-
The Eagles were in the same position with Carson Wentz last year, and got nice compensation for him from the Colts.
But Wentz didn't have a bum shoulder that needed off season surgery. and he's certainly a high character guy.
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
The only team that should be legitimately pissed off at the Browns is dem dere Baltimore Ratbirds. Shoulda signed Lamar Jackson to a long term deal before the Browns reset the compensation level for QBs. I bet Lamar's agent is creaming his pants over the extra $50 million or so he's going to get now.
But Wentz didn't have a bum shoulder that needed off season surgery. and he's certainly a high character guy.
1. That is true, but Wentz had already developed the reputation as being injury-prone and it appeared his brain was broken the last year he played in Philadelphia. I remember the game he played in Cleveland, and that Brandon Weeden-like pick six he chucked.
2. Touche.
-
The Eagles were in the same position with Carson Wentz last year, and got nice compensation for him from the Colts.
But Wentz didn't have a bum shoulder that needed off season surgery. and he's certainly a high character guy.
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
The only team that should be legitimately pissed off at the Browns is dem dere Baltimore Ratbirds. Shoulda signed Lamar Jackson to a long term deal before the Browns reset the compensation level for QBs. I bet Lamar's agent is creaming his pants over the extra $50 million or so he's going to get now.
The only team that should be legitimately pissed off at the Browns is dem dere Baltimore Ratbirds. Shoulda signed Lamar Jackson to a long term deal before the Browns reset the compensation level for QBs. I bet Lamar's agent is creaming his pants over the extra $50 million or so he's going to get now.
The last thing anyone in the NFL wanted to have happen is for fully guaranteed contracts.
While every pro league does this, the NFL has been able to continue to not for 40 years after MLB instituted free agency.
Then the Browns go and do this.
-
The only team that should be legitimately pissed off at the Browns is dem dere Baltimore Ratbirds. Shoulda signed Lamar Jackson to a long term deal before the Browns reset the compensation level for QBs. I bet Lamar's agent is creaming his pants over the extra $50 million or so he's going to get now.
The last thing anyone in the NFL wanted to have happen is for fully guaranteed contracts.
While every pro league does this, the NFL has been able to continue to not for 40 years after MLB instituted free agency.
Then the Browns go and do this.
The last thing anyone in the NFL wanted to have happen is for fully guaranteed contracts.
While every pro league does this, the NFL has been able to continue to not for 40 years after MLB instituted free agency.
Then the Browns go and do this.
at one point it was un heard of when cousins got all that guaranteed money then came mahomes contract that was some crazy shit and now this Fuck it A new normal as i said before ? yup i think so
-
I'll sort of leave Mr. Watson out of the conversation. BUT... Hey there Mr. Flugels... Baker's AMAZING career performances to date are overall SO spectacular that the Colts opted for Matt Ryan and a third round pick instead. And gosh darn, the Saints would rather have Famous Jamis. And when Ryan shipped up North to Indy, the Falcons opted for MAR-E-OTTA Instead. Notice a trend there?
Too bad, so sad. Beating the Steelers in a playoff game where Ben & company were (pun intended) Baking up turnovers at a prodigious rate, doesn't mean Jack shit to the rest of the NFL. We may have to go the Osweiler route, and give up the 7th round pick we got for Keenum just to have another team take Baker and his $18 million salary off our hands.
Wonderful! Welcome to Jacoby Brissett as your new starting QB with Brock Osweiler as an alternative. I'm not nearly as excited as you are about that. And now you're complaining to me about the Browns beating Pittsburgh 48-37 AT Pittsburgh in the playoffs after an 11-5 season just 3 years after 0-16 football (and 1-15 the year before that)? Don't you have to understand where we were at to understand that was fun for us as fans again?
After seeing Indy's last choice of QB (Wentz) - I'd refrain from making them your role model for picking QB solutions today. We're beyond the point of arguing who and who doesn't want Baker. It's over. There was a better way to do this. Already explained it a few times in this thread..
EDIT: Just heard a replay of Adam Shefter's report saying teams aren't refraining from Baker for a perceived lack of talent - it's the 18 million $ salary the Browns guaranteed him in his contract for this year. The ESPN show hosts agreed that as soon as the Browns eat that guaranteed salary and cut him - teams like Seattle and/or Carolina probably won't hesitate to bring him in.
Wonderful! Welcome to Jacoby Brissett as your new starting QB with Brock Osweiler as an alternative. I'm not nearly as excited as you are about that. And now you're complaining to me about the Browns beating Pittsburgh 48-37 AT Pittsburgh in the playoffs after an 11-5 season just 3 years after 0-16 football (and 1-15 the year before that)? Don't you have to understand where we were at to understand that was fun for us as fans again?
After seeing Indy's last choice of QB (Wentz) - I'd refrain from making them your role model for picking QB solutions today. We're beyond the point of arguing who and who doesn't want Baker. It's over. There was a better way to do this. Already explained it a few times in this thread..
EDIT: Just heard a replay of Adam Shefter's report saying teams aren't refraining from Baker for a perceived lack of talent - it's the 18 million $ salary the Browns guaranteed him in his contract for this year. The ESPN show hosts agreed that as soon as the Browns eat that guaranteed salary and cut him - teams like Seattle and/or Carolina probably won't hesitate to bring him in.
Baker just said something stupid about Carolina...his immaturity is costing him MILLIONS
-
Tom, You just LOVE too bring up the HIGH HIGHS of Baker's career, and want to totally ignore the LOW LOWS. The talking heads have him pegged as wildly inconsistent. I happen to agree. If I wanted to waste more time than I'm willing to commit to this discussion, I'm sure I could easily drag up some totally suckful performances by Mayfield that cost the Browns games.
And you haven't clung to just the LOWS Larry? I've agreed a million times his 2021 season was a massive disappointment Larry. Just to make you happy - I'll do it again. Baker sucked last year! All this is behind us now except for the 18 million $ guaranteed salary preventing potential teams that should be interested from taking the risk on a guy we can't throw away fast enough.
And you haven't clung to just the LOWS Larry? I've agreed a million times his 2021 season was a massive disappointment Larry. Just to make you happy - I'll do it again. Baker sucked last year! All this is behind us now except for the 18 million $ guaranteed salary preventing potential teams that should be interested from taking the risk on a guy we can't throw away fast enough.
It's also Baker's immaturity. He just said something stupid about Carolina. His mouth outweighs his talent. Who wants to deal with a guy who needs everything to be right (top 5 oline, rushing attack, defense, landry, hooper, njoku) to succeed but acts like Aaron Rodgers? He has attacked medical staff, former coaches, players about contracts, local and national reporters.....I mean remember he went to the media saying only HE makes the decision to play or not through his injury? How dafuq that makes your GM and HC feel?
People bring up the Steelers playoff win like they didn't watch the Steelers implode with 5 turnovers?? He isn't worth it.....especially at 18 mill....he maynot be worth it for free
-
And you haven't clung to just the LOWS Larry? I've agreed a million times his 2021 season was a massive disappointment Larry. Just to make you happy - I'll do it again. Baker sucked last year! All this is behind us now except for the 18 million $ guaranteed salary preventing potential teams that should be interested from taking the risk on a guy we can't throw away fast enough.
It's also Baker's immaturity. He just said something stupid about Carolina. His mouth outweighs his talent. Who wants to deal with a guy who needs everything to be right (top 5 oline, rushing attack, defense, landry, hooper, njoku) to succeed but acts like Aaron Rodgers? He has attacked medical staff, former coaches, players about contracts, local and national reporters.....I mean remember he went to the media saying only HE makes the decision to play or not through his injury? How dafuq that makes your GM and HC feel?
People bring up the Steelers playoff win like they didn't watch the Steelers implode with 5 turnovers?? He isn't worth it.....especially at 18 mill....he maynot be worth it for free
It's also Baker's immaturity. He just said something stupid about Carolina. His mouth outweighs his talent. Who wants to deal with a guy who needs everything to be right (top 5 oline, rushing attack, defense, landry, hopper, njoku)to succeed but acts like Aaron rodgers? He has attacked medical staff, former coaches, players about contracts, local and national reporters.....I mean remember he went to the media saying only HE makes the decision to play or not through his injury? How dafuq that makes your GM and HC feel?
People bring up the Steelers playoff win like they didn't watch the Steelers implode with 5 turnovers?? He isn't worth it.....especially at 18 mill....he maynot be worth it for free
You made some good points. You don't need to sell me on the difference of talent between Watson and Baker. I wanted us to draft Watson coming out of Clemson. If we did that - I wouldn't have to tell you I also wanted us to draft Baker 1 year later. Watson didn't excite Jimmy and the FO until after he got himself into trouble - then rinsed and repeated it 21 more times.
Understanding at least some of that, it doesn't seem like you are aware of which guy has a greater chance of being suspended in 2022. It's the guy with the character you don't have any complaints about. 22 different female victims of sexual assault and/or misconduct is what Goodell said he has to investigate. That may not sound like anything big to some Cleveland fans; but there's going to be a lot of people swarming his office with complaints about rewarding this guy. I'm talking about people that have had a family member or 2 assaulted. The NFL channel's morning show on Monday already mentioned there's been some growing backlash about it. They also mentioned that all this talk about our owner and FO saying they did a thorough investigation left out any attempts to reach any of the 22 victims and their attorneys.
Keep in mind, Goodell is the same guy that began a comprehensive investigation of the accusations of former and present female employees of Daniel Snyder and concluded there was only 1 bad guy in that entire investigation. It was Jon Gruden of the Las Vegas Raiders not to be confused with the Washington Football Team.. Make sense? It shouldn't... Then again, Snyder was one of the wealthy owners involved in the process of approval for improving Roger Goodell's salary. That may almost sound like Watson might have a chance... Unfortunately for him, there's been some lingering backlash with that Washington situation ready to unite with those in this situation complaining about the NFL rewarding Watson on Roger's watch. We shall see...
-
It's also Baker's immaturity. He just said something stupid about Carolina. His mouth outweighs his talent. Who wants to deal with a guy who needs everything to be right (top 5 oline, rushing attack, defense, landry, hopper, njoku)to succeed but acts like Aaron rodgers? He has attacked medical staff, former coaches, players about contracts, local and national reporters.....I mean remember he went to the media saying only HE makes the decision to play or not through his injury? How dafuq that makes your GM and HC feel?
People bring up the Steelers playoff win like they didn't watch the Steelers implode with 5 turnovers?? He isn't worth it.....especially at 18 mill....he maynot be worth it for free
You made some good points. You don't need to sell me on the difference of talent between Watson and Baker. I wanted us to draft Watson coming out of Clemson. If we did that - I wouldn't have to tell you I also wanted us to draft Baker 1 year later. Watson didn't excite Jimmy and the FO until after he got himself into trouble - then rinsed and repeated it 21 more times.
Understanding at least some of that, it doesn't seem like you are aware of which guy has a greater chance of being suspended in 2022. It's the guy with the character you don't have any complaints about. 22 different female victims of sexual assault and/or misconduct is what Goodell said he has to investigate. That may not sound like anything big to some Cleveland fans; but there's going to be a lot of people swarming his office with complaints about rewarding this guy. I'm talking about people that have had a family member or 2 assaulted. The NFL channel's morning show on Monday already mentioned there's been some growing backlash about it. They also mentioned that all this talk about our owner and FO saying they did a thorough investigation left out any attempts to reach any of the 22 victims and their attorneys.
Keep in mind, Goodell is the same guy that began a comprehensive investigation of the accusations of former and present female employees of Daniel Snyder and concluded there was only 1 bad guy in that entire investigation. It was Jon Gruden of the Las Vegas Raiders not to be confused with the Washington Football Team.. Make sense? It shouldn't... Then again, Snyder was one of the wealthy owners involved in the process of approval for improving Roger Goodell's salary. That may almost sound like Watson might have a chance... Unfortunately for him, there's been some lingering backlash with that Washington situation ready to unite with those in this situation complaining about the NFL rewarding Watson on Roger's watch. We shall see...
You made some good points. You don't need to sell me on the difference of talent between Watson and Baker. I wanted us to draft Watson coming out of Clemson. If we did that - I wouldn't have to tell you I also wanted us to draft Baker 1 year later. Watson didn't excite Jimmy and the FO until after he got himself into trouble - then rinsed and repeated it 21 more times.
Understanding at least some of that, it doesn't seem like you are aware of which guy has a greater chance of being suspended in 2022. It's the guy with the character you don't have any complaints about. 22 different female victims of sexual assault and/or misconduct is what Goodell said he has to investigate. That may not sound like anything big to some Cleveland fans; but there's going to be a lot of people swarming his office with complaints about rewarding this guy. I'm talking about people that have had a family member or 2 assaulted. The NFL channel's morning show on Monday already mentioned there's been some growing backlash about it. They also mentioned that all this talk about our owner and FO saying they did a thorough investigation left out any attempts to reach any of the 22 victims and their attorneys.
Keep in mind, Goodell is the same guy that began a comprehensive investigation of the accusations of former and present female employees of Daniel Snyder and concluded there was only 1 bad guy in that entire investigation. It was Jon Gruden of the Las Vegas Raiders not to be confused with the Washington Football Team.. Make sense? It shouldn't... Then again, Snyder was one of the wealthy owners involved in the process of approval for improving Roger Goodell's salary. That may almost sound like Watson might have a chance... Unfortunately for him, there's been some lingering backlash with that Washington situation ready to unite with those in this situation complaining about the NFL rewarding Watson on Roger's watch. We shall see...
I wanted him too...I always thought it was strange that a guy who tore up a Bama defense twice, packed full of future NFL players, we wouldn't get. makes me think Hue was right.....lol
It's not that I don't have any complaints about Watson....it's just 2 things.. Its all about if your talent outweighs your issue (Baker's don't)and 2nd -NFL had had way too many issues like this and those actually convicted and kept moving for me to have any real concern...vehicular homicides, rape, assaults, murder (Ray Lewis, Henandez), Indy owner, Pats owner, racial discrimination (they just started paying black CTE victims as much as whites because their analysis was blacks were dumber than whites thus it's harder to prove CTE). How can I make Watson 22 allegations that all were thrown out by a Grand jury that usually can indict a ham sandwich my line with all of those things aforementioned? He has elite talent, court cleared him....lets go
I think Watson will get 10 games....there's no telling. Not to be political but they are all conservative wealthy men who all voted to give the nuclear football to someone with 25 allegations (other side ignored ignored Bill's as well). Will they make a example out of Watson or say he served a year already? So inconsistent that it's totally up in the air
-
I didn't mention all the things working against us. Wentz checks a lot of the boxes Baker doesn't. Baker had recent shoulder surgery. Baker seems to be a high maintenance player. He is in the option year of his rookie contract that pays 19 million. It is going to be a tough sell.
I hope I am wrong.
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
I've heard a theory that the NFL in general is super duper pissed at the Browns for the contract that they gave to Watson, and the reason no one is going after Baker is that everyone kind of wants to stick it to the Browns and make them eat Baker's contract.
I mean, in some ways, it seems far-fetched, but on the other hand...
I guess it could be a possibility. We may have opened Pandora's Box. It was bound to be opened soon enough, but we did it first.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login