Skip to content

Schefter: Watson to Browns

The Browns Board
428 58 18.0k 1
  • This is amazing!!! So happy to be moving on from Baker Bozo. For those of you wanting to stop supporting the Browns, please do, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Just don't come crawling back when we are contenders. You can't win a Super Bowl without a star QB, and now we have that. Watson's alleged misconduct was dismissed criminally (zero shred of evidence), and these women are just making a money grab in the civil suit. 

    Great job, Andrew Berry and the front office! I'm proud to be a Browns fan! Trade Baker Bozo and draft/bring in another WR.

    @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    This is amazing!!! So happy to be moving on from Baker Bozo. For those of you wanting to stop supporting the Browns, please do, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Just don't come crawling back when we are contenders. You can't win a Super Bowl without a star QB, and now we have that. Watson's alleged misconduct was dismissed criminally (zero shred of evidence), and these women are just making a money grab in the civil suit

    Coming from the fuck that joined the board in October.  

    See ya fellas. It's been real. 

    Mods if ya need the space, feel free to delete my account. 

  • So what WR do they target in FA now? DW should really help influence (above $) a WR to come to Cleveland. I don't follow FA but I know a lot of you do, so who's coming to catch his TDs? 

    @d-bone said:

    So what WR do they target in FA 

    The poor performance crew of Julio Jones and Sammy Watkins and AJ Green and Will Fuller are available.

    Let's just get everyone and each of them plays one quarter before getting subbed out. That's about the only way all 4 make it through the year without an injury..

    Even such luminaries as Byron Pringle and Russell Gage are off the market.. slim pickings

  • I’m ready for the virtual signaling. ?

    I still don’t think this is a smart move but the dude is a stallion. Gonna be a faaaaay contract and a lot of capital. Right move? Guess the north is going to find out!  Rapistburger better be a banned term on here. Lol

    @vagitron said:

    I’m ready for the virtual signaling. ?

    I still don’t think this is a smart move but the dude is a stallion. Gonna be a faaaaay contract and a lot of capital. Right move? Guess the north is going to find out!  Rapistburger better be a banned term on here. Lol

    I expect you to be ruthless, consistent and persistent, as I sure as hell would be. I never personally liked your dude as a man and always rooted against because of the color of his uniform. Now with DW, the first part will be the same, but his uniform color is much more to my liking and I'll root like hell for him on the field.

    I will say that there is a feeling inside me that your are going to really hate DW, but not because of his accusations, but for what he's about to do for the Browns for the next 7 years, and to your Steelers...... but hey, look at the bright side, I hear Trubisky is one a hell of a nice guy. 

  • Let’s put the lost picks into perspective.

    We would have used one on a QB maybe 2 picks with our history and luck and we all know our luck picking QBs

    and we have a young roster already so we are in position to absorb lost picks 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Let’s put the lost picks into perspective.

    We would have used one on a QB maybe 2 picks with our history and luck and we all know our luck picking QBs

    and we have a young roster already so we are in position to absorb lost picks 

    Browns obviously think they have enough for a Super Bowl run. 5 years 230 million tells me they believe Watson is the guy to get us there. I hope he proves himself like Hunt did. Things will be exciting this coming year

  • So what WR do they target in FA now? DW should really help influence (above $) a WR to come to Cleveland. I don't follow FA but I know a lot of you do, so who's coming to catch his TDs? 

    @d-bone said:

    So what WR do they target in FA

    I hadn't thought this guy for obvious reasons.

    But just for fun.. He is in fact a free agent and per Walter is the best of what's left :       OBJ

  • So what WR do they target in FA now? DW should really help influence (above $) a WR to come to Cleveland. I don't follow FA but I know a lot of you do, so who's coming to catch his TDs? 

    @d-bone said:

    So what WR do they target in FA now? DW should really help influence (above $) a WR to come to Cleveland. I don't follow FA but I know a lot of you do, so who's coming to catch his TDs? 

    Time for Jarvis to come back home.

  • @d-bone said:

    So what WR do they target in FA

    I hadn't thought this guy for obvious reasons.

    But just for fun.. He is in fact a free agent and per Walter is the best of what's left :       OBJ

    @unsympathetic said:

    I hadn't thought about this for obvious reasons.

    But just for fun.. He is in fact a free agent and per Walter is the best of what's left :       OBJ

    Maybe his dad can paste together a video of Watson missing a wide open Deandre Hopkins

  • Andrew Goddamn Berry after hearing that the Browns were out of the running for Watson:

    giphy.gif.20dcefe84991670e65cb2f5b0feef59b.gif

  • All yall....eat that Crow!

  • Time to sign Mariota for 8 games next year 

  • I formally submit my apologies to the browns front office 

    Andrew Berry out here dodging bullets like

    07EE9B72-BA85-44D2-B54F-A689B73B8AD8.png

  • So what WR do they target in FA now? DW should really help influence (above $) a WR to come to Cleveland. I don't follow FA but I know a lot of you do, so who's coming to catch his TDs? 

    @d-bone said:

    So what WR do they target in FA now? DW should really help influence (above $) a WR to come to Cleveland. I don't follow FA but I know a lot of you do, so who's coming to catch his TDs? 

    Well, you won't get a whole season out of him, but Will Fuller has worked well with Watson in the past...

  • N Neo

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Let’s put the lost picks into perspective.

    We would have used one on a QB maybe 2 picks with our history and luck and we all know our luck picking QBs

    and we have a young roster already so we are in position to absorb lost picks 

    Browns obviously think they have enough for a Super Bowl run. 5 years 230 million tells me they believe Watson is the guy to get us there. I hope he proves himself like Hunt did. Things will be exciting this coming year

    @neo said:

    Browns obviously think they have enough for a Super Bowl run. 5 years 230 million tells me they believe Watson is the guy to get us there. I hope he proves himself like Hunt did. Things will be exciting this coming year

    We get a new HC next year.  Trust the process..

  • Stunned..

  • Zombo said:

    Super. Bowl.

    Zombo

    There you go.
    Life goes on without Baker 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    5 years at $230 million.

    I guess I won’t be renewing my tickets this year.

    Holy hell. ? 

    plus all those draft picks. ?

    @vagitron said:

    Holy hell. ? 

    plus all those draft picks. ?

    Bye!! I will be!!!

  • Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

  • Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    @flugel said:

    Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    Why would any team even one that desperately wanted Baker Mayfield trade anything to these scumbags? They either want him to play drink Watson's suspension or just want to sabotage his career for spite.

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Super. Bowl.

    Zombo

    I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

    It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

    It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

  • Per PFT:

    Cap hit of only 1 million this year with the way Watson's contract would be structured.