Skip to content

Schefter: Watson to Browns

The Browns Board
428 58 18.0k 1
  • Zombo said:

    Super. Bowl.

    Zombo

    There you go.
    Life goes on without Baker 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    5 years at $230 million.

    I guess I won’t be renewing my tickets this year.

    Holy hell. ? 

    plus all those draft picks. ?

    @vagitron said:

    Holy hell. ? 

    plus all those draft picks. ?

    Bye!! I will be!!!

  • Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

  • Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    @flugel said:

    Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    Why would any team even one that desperately wanted Baker Mayfield trade anything to these scumbags? They either want him to play drink Watson's suspension or just want to sabotage his career for spite.

    WSS

  • Zombo said:

    Super. Bowl.

    Zombo

    I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

    It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

    It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

  • Per PFT:

    Cap hit of only 1 million this year with the way Watson's contract would be structured.

  • Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    @flugel said:

    Never thought this would happen.  Roger Goodfella could still stomp all over this because, after all, it still is ONLY the Cleveland Browns.  If it was Pittsburgh he'd probably be really lenient on punishment/suspension; but it's Cleveland so would it surprise you if Roger suspended Deshlong 8-10 games?

    We better hope Baker gets us back a 1st or 2nd round pick somewhere.

    I like the Deschlong Flugs.  🙂 The best we can hope for is a 3rd, with a 2023 (we can only hope) 1st if Mayfield plays 70% of the snaps, sort of what the Colts gave up for Carson Wentz. Speaking of the Colts, they don't currently have a starting caliber QB... Would they be willing to go to the same well twice in a row?    

  • Zombo said:

    Super. Bowl.

    Zombo

    I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

    It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

    It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

    @hoorta said:

    I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

    It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

    It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

    The NFL  has had alot more issues than those 2 events...

    Racial discrimination,  women beating, vehicular homicide....etc.

    As in alot to give....its now the way. The last 1 Superbiwl winners did this.This Browns FO is just getting with times.

  • Okay,  the name of the game is football. 

    The goal is to WIN

    This team just got better. 

    The bulk of the picks given up will be recovered from Seattle. 

    Yesterday Vegas odds had us at 40/1 to win the sb

    Now we're 16/1

  • So just to be 100% on the same page.....

    I will take EVERY opportunity to throw into all of your faces the hypocrisy of the clowns and their fan base for giving STEELERS fans crap over the gold diggers that tried to set Ben up to pay them.

    22 counts of sexual assault later and we have the stains new starting QB.

    Bravo stains, bravo ? 

  • Zombo said:

    Super. Bowl.

    Zombo

    I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

    It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

    It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

    @hoorta said:

    I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

    It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

    It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

    Disgustingness aside, outside of Rodgers, there was nothing better on the market than Watson....or Baker for the foreseeable future.  

    Again, disgustingness aside, they would rather pay Watson.  It seems to be that simple.  I don't think it would be this much money for Baker, but the QB pay scale is growing.

    And you have to admit, Watson will come in "handy".

  • @berniesuperbowl2 said:

    This is amazing!!! So happy to be moving on from Baker Bozo. For those of you wanting to stop supporting the Browns, please do, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Just don't come crawling back when we are contenders. You can't win a Super Bowl without a star QB, and now we have that. Watson's alleged misconduct was dismissed criminally (zero shred of evidence), and these women are just making a money grab in the civil suit

    Coming from the fuck that joined the board in October.  

    See ya fellas. It's been real. 

    Mods if ya need the space, feel free to delete my account. 

    @hx214 said:

    Coming from the fuck that joined the board in October.  

    See ya fellas. It's been real. 

    Mods if ya need the space, feel free to delete my account. 

    Go fuck yourself. Mods please delete his account. Go Browns!

  • The hypocrisy of every clowns fan who EVER said anything about Ben's allegations is disgusting. 

  • What a bunch of idiots the Browns are... I'm sure all the madden fag boys are happy...

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm less than impressed Z....  But... Unless you had your head in the sand (with apologies to Arlo Guthrie's tune- Alice's Restaurant)  when tia was posting those 8X10 color glossies with the circles and arrows highlighting Baker's short comings....  Berry and Stef obviously saw the same things... Mayfield has hit his ceiling, and the rest of the league has him figured out.   

    It's a LOT to give up, but if the thinking is Baker's due for a 2022 crash, we would have been QB shopping in 2023 anyway.  Watson brings as much baggage with him as all the carousels at Chicago O Hare... And the idea of a guy quarterbacking the Browns with questionable morals who whined his way out of Houston isn't my cup of tea. Oh well, the little criminal Ray Lewis forgot what happened when his posse killed a couple guys, so I guess by comparison Watson being a sex addict isn't so bad. FWIW, we already sent in our first payment for our season tickets... so that will give me a year to decide if I want to re-up. I'm not one to make snap decisions. 

    It's obviously Adios Baker... and I'll be mighty curious what damaged goods Mayfield will garner on the open market.   

    The NFL  has had alot more issues than those 2 events...

    Racial discrimination,  women beating, vehicular homicide....etc.

    As in alot to give....its now the way. The last 1 Superbiwl winners did this.This Browns FO is just getting with times.

    @laiccm said:

    The NFL  has had alot more issues than those 2 events...

    Racial discrimination,  women beating, vehicular homicide....etc.

    As in alot to give....its now the way. The last 1 Super Bowl winners did this. This Browns FO is just getting with times.

    You (and Berry) had just better be right about Watson.  The Browns must have liked what they heard a few days ago when they interviewed him.  Otherwise, the Browns are royally screwed for the foreseeable future. 

    OK, taking a quick perusal at Pro Football reference, Watson does check the performance boxes with a 3:1 TD\Int ratio and a career 104 QBR.    

  • The hypocrisy of every clowns fan who EVER said anything about Ben's allegations is disgusting. 

    @gafreleets said:

    The hypocrisy of every clowns fan who EVER said anything about Ben's allegations is disgusting. 

    You know what's disgusting? Some loser who hasn't posted since 2019 to come on these boards to play god and judge. Get off your high horse!

    ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

    Go Browns!

  • All yall....eat that Crow!

    @laiccm said:

    All yall....eat that Crow!

    Happy?.. Go suck his cock now...

  • The hypocrisy of every clowns fan who EVER said anything about Ben's allegations is disgusting. 

    @gafreleets said:

    The hypocrisy of every clowns fan who EVER said anything about Ben's allegations is disgusting. 

    Not like me as a fan ever had a say about bringing Watson to Cleveland. You're 100% entitled to pile on from the morality standpoint. 

    FWIW, I was on record I wasn't interested in bringing the Massage Parlor guy to Cleveland.  

  • @vagitron said:

    I’m ready for the virtual signaling. ?

    I still don’t think this is a smart move but the dude is a stallion. Gonna be a faaaaay contract and a lot of capital. Right move? Guess the north is going to find out!  Rapistburger better be a banned term on here. Lol

    I expect you to be ruthless, consistent and persistent, as I sure as hell would be. I never personally liked your dude as a man and always rooted against because of the color of his uniform. Now with DW, the first part will be the same, but his uniform color is much more to my liking and I'll root like hell for him on the field.

    I will say that there is a feeling inside me that your are going to really hate DW, but not because of his accusations, but for what he's about to do for the Browns for the next 7 years, and to your Steelers...... but hey, look at the bright side, I hear Trubisky is one a hell of a nice guy. 

    @d-bone said:

    I expect you to be ruthless, consistent and persistent, as I sure as hell would be. I never personally liked your dude as a man and always rooted against because of the color of his uniform. Now with DW, the first part will be the same, but his uniform color is much more to my liking and I'll root like hell for him on the field.

    I will say that there is a feeling inside me that your are going to really hate DW, but not because of his accusations, but for what he's about to do for the Browns for the next 7 years, and to your Steelers...... but hey, look at the bright side, I hear Trubisky is one a hell of a nice guy. 

    The Steelers via FA have opened their entire draft to do whatever the hell they want. Honey badger opposite minkah is very possible. All the new contracts are also structured to get out of. You may want to check the qb’s next draft. Watson is terrific but his contract is fully guaranteed and it’s a lot. No firsts for three seasons and who knows what else. You should be happy but acting like the browns are going to run away with the division now is hilarious. I was already talking about how the browns were going to have trouble keeping the roster together and they just gave 230 to one guy, all guaranteed. He’s still gonna be running from our d which is getting better by the day. If Mitch sucks stroud is in play. ?

  • @laiccm said:

    All yall....eat that Crow!

    Happy?.. Go suck his cock now...

    @nickers said:

    Happy?.. Go suck his cock now...

    Then he can give him a massage!