Skip to content

Draft Thoughts

The Browns Board
80 19 3.7k 1
  • I don't recall being terribly impressed with the Hawks IOL the couple times I saw them this year.  

    Another player to add to the film list.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't recall being terribly impressed with the Hawks IOL the couple times I saw them this year.  

    Another player to add to the film list.

    He was an OSU lean I believe until LSU snagged him.  Highly regarded in HS.

  • I have a weird thing for following weird stuff... ?

    Georgia won a national championship, while losing one of their best defensive captains...

    Georgia edge defender Adam Anderson holds private workout

    On Tuesday night, 17 teams went to a high school near Georgia’s campus to watch pass rusher Adam Anderson workout. Anderson entered the season graded as a potential first-round pick and one of the top senior prospects in the nation.

    He was off to a good start, then had his season come to an immediate halt after serious legal accusations came to light.

    Anderson measured 6’4″, 237 pounds, and timed the 40 in the mid 4.5s. He also touched 39 inches in the vertical jump and 11’1″ in the broad jump. 7.03 3-cone. Anderson’s future is in a holding pattern right now. The investigation into the charges levied against Anderson is still ongoing.

    https://www.dawgnation.com/football/adam-anderson-georgia-football-rape-case-nfl-draft/SINHWSZ3RZC3DKABPMQ2SPOV6E/

    interested to see how this plays out..

  • a couple lesser known names: 

    Ty Fryfogle WR Indiana.  Day 3 Pick.  He had a good 2020 season.  Makes a lot of contested catches.  Combine was blah as was 2021 season but Indiana had QB issues.  

    Cole Strange C/G Chattanooga.  Scheme fit for us.  

  • I believe I had Jalen Tolbert, wr, S. Alabama, as my 2nd round pick. I'll be checking on him once in a while this coming season.

    https://fullpresscoverage.com/2022/03/24/2022-chiefs-draft-prospect-jalen-tolbert/

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Travis Jones UConn DT one to watch

    Jones and Farrell from LSU are the one's on my list at the moment for those mid-to-late producers.

    What this team needs, especially if you want an infusion of young talent with high midround return value, is just that...  more midround picks.    They need to secure draft capital in some way in order to help address needs on this team that are looking emergency-ish.   Which is why I never ruled out them moving Kareem for pick(s).    The RB ROOM will still thrive without Hunt, but will we survive on the IDL without young picks who can rill their roles early? Not likely.

    In that case, WR and IDL get my priority when feuding over 3rd-5th round picks.   Then a nod to C & RT.  Followed up by S and possibly LB.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jones and Farrell from LSU are the one's on my list at the moment for those mid-to-late producers.

    What this team needs, especially if you want an infusion of young talent with high midround return value, is just that...  more midround picks.    They need to secure draft capital in some way in order to help address needs on this team that are looking emergency-ish.   Which is why I never ruled out them moving Kareem for pick(s).    The RB ROOM will still thrive without Hunt, but will we survive on the IDL without young picks who can rill their roles early? Not likely.

    In that case, WR and IDL get my priority when feuding over 3rd-5th round picks.   Then a nod to C & RT.  Followed up by S and possibly LB.

    Holy climbing out of your lane, there, tia... Not a single DB named? 

    Still I have to agree... My dream DT remains UGA's Jordan Davis... His Combine was stellar. His price is a round 1 tho and not one where we currently sit. So too pricey most likely, but ya never know who playing higher value positions zooms past Defenders as the day approaches. I've had a few prizes fall to me starting with Khalil Mack and running thru Micah Parsons. Unfortunately no GM ever called to get my input... 😉 .

    Moving up my DT board was TN's Mathew Butler. Undersized, but has 3-tech, rush potential to go with spot duty at DE. Couple others as well, but do not know them well enough as yet to discuss.

    IOL.... eyeballing a Center... a strong one with decent feet... and an OG (BC's Zion Johnson)... Meanwhile we've signed Ethan Pocic (But on Tuesday, the Browns signed former Seattle Seahawks center Ethan Pocic.)

    RT... kinda surprise Conklin is still here TBH. RT in front of an RPO QB with feet and speed is not the priority it is with a pocket passer. Add that Hubbard has surprised to the upside. Of course Hubbard's value may be even greater in a swing role.

    LB... lotta 2nd tier kids outta lesser known schools including one named Muma out of Wyoming. Tested nicely at Combine, but can't recall seeing him play.

    RB/WR... seem to be a number of Day 2 Candidates.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Jones and Farrell from LSU are the one's on my list at the moment for those mid-to-late producers.

    What this team needs, especially if you want an infusion of young talent with high midround return value, is just that...  more midround picks.    They need to secure draft capital in some way in order to help address needs on this team that are looking emergency-ish.   Which is why I never ruled out them moving Kareem for pick(s).    The RB ROOM will still thrive without Hunt, but will we survive on the IDL without young picks who can rill their roles early? Not likely.

    In that case, WR and IDL get my priority when feuding over 3rd-5th round picks.   Then a nod to C & RT.  Followed up by S and possibly LB.

    Holy climbing out of your lane, there, tia... Not a single DB named? 

    Still I have to agree... My dream DT remains UGA's Jordan Davis... His Combine was stellar. His price is a round 1 tho and not one where we currently sit. So too pricey most likely, but ya never know who playing higher value positions zooms past Defenders as the day approaches. I've had a few prizes fall to me starting with Khalil Mack and running thru Micah Parsons. Unfortunately no GM ever called to get my input... 😉 .

    Moving up my DT board was TN's Mathew Butler. Undersized, but has 3-tech, rush potential to go with spot duty at DE. Couple others as well, but do not know them well enough as yet to discuss.

    IOL.... eyeballing a Center... a strong one with decent feet... and an OG (BC's Zion Johnson)... Meanwhile we've signed Ethan Pocic (But on Tuesday, the Browns signed former Seattle Seahawks center Ethan Pocic.)

    RT... kinda surprise Conklin is still here TBH. RT in front of an RPO QB with feet and speed is not the priority it is with a pocket passer. Add that Hubbard has surprised to the upside. Of course Hubbard's value may be even greater in a swing role.

    LB... lotta 2nd tier kids outta lesser known schools including one named Muma out of Wyoming. Tested nicely at Combine, but can't recall seeing him play.

    RB/WR... seem to be a number of Day 2 Candidates.

    @tour2ma said:

    Holy climbing out of your lane, there, tia... Not a single DB named? 

    Still I have to agree... My dream DT remains UGA's Jordan Davis... His Combine was stellar. His price is a round 1 tho and not one where we currently sit. So too pricey most likely, but ya never know who playing higher value positions zooms past Defenders as the day approaches. I've had a few prizes fall to me starting with Khalil Mack and running thru Micah Parsons. Unfortunately no GM ever called to get my input... 😉 .

    Moving up my DT board was TN's Mathew Butler. Undersized, but has 3-tech, rush potential to go with spot duty at DE. Couple others as well, but do not know them well enough as yet to discuss.

    IOL.... eyeballing a Center... a strong one with decent feet... and an OG (BC's Zion Johnson)... Meanwhile we've signed Ethan Pocic (But on Tuesday, the Browns signed former Seattle Seahawks center Ethan Pocic.)

    RT... kinda surprise Conklin is still here TBH. RT in front of an RPO QB with feet and speed is not the priority it is with a pocket passer. Add that Hubbard has surprised to the upside. Of course Hubbard's value may be even greater in a swing role.

    LB... lotta 2nd tier kids outta lesser known schools including one named Muma out of Wyoming. Tested nicely at Combine, but can't recall seeing him play.

    RB/WR... seem to be a number of Day 2 Candidates.

    - I actually did a game for Nick Cross, DB - Maryland and was pleasantly surprised.  Tagged him somewhere between a 3rd and 4th round pick, depending on how position runs begin this draft.     But for right now I want to focus on positions of dire need, especially given my limited time to watch film again.

    - Not the first time I've seen Butlers's name mentioned.   Don't forget, we signed Taven Bryan as a 3-tech.

    - Any word on that kid from Nebraska? Center, Cam Jurgens.

    - Wyoming has a recent history of putting some good players out in late round.    Logan Wilson in Cincy is an example.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Holy climbing out of your lane, there, tia... Not a single DB named? 

    Still I have to agree... My dream DT remains UGA's Jordan Davis... His Combine was stellar. His price is a round 1 tho and not one where we currently sit. So too pricey most likely, but ya never know who playing higher value positions zooms past Defenders as the day approaches. I've had a few prizes fall to me starting with Khalil Mack and running thru Micah Parsons. Unfortunately no GM ever called to get my input... 😉 .

    Moving up my DT board was TN's Mathew Butler. Undersized, but has 3-tech, rush potential to go with spot duty at DE. Couple others as well, but do not know them well enough as yet to discuss.

    IOL.... eyeballing a Center... a strong one with decent feet... and an OG (BC's Zion Johnson)... Meanwhile we've signed Ethan Pocic (But on Tuesday, the Browns signed former Seattle Seahawks center Ethan Pocic.)

    RT... kinda surprise Conklin is still here TBH. RT in front of an RPO QB with feet and speed is not the priority it is with a pocket passer. Add that Hubbard has surprised to the upside. Of course Hubbard's value may be even greater in a swing role.

    LB... lotta 2nd tier kids outta lesser known schools including one named Muma out of Wyoming. Tested nicely at Combine, but can't recall seeing him play.

    RB/WR... seem to be a number of Day 2 Candidates.

    - I actually did a game for Nick Cross, DB - Maryland and was pleasantly surprised.  Tagged him somewhere between a 3rd and 4th round pick, depending on how position runs begin this draft.     But for right now I want to focus on positions of dire need, especially given my limited time to watch film again.

    - Not the first time I've seen Butlers's name mentioned.   Don't forget, we signed Taven Bryan as a 3-tech.

    - Any word on that kid from Nebraska? Center, Cam Jurgens.

    - Wyoming has a recent history of putting some good players out in late round.    Logan Wilson in Cincy is an example.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Any word on that kid from Nebraska? Center, Cam Jurgens.

    Opinions vary... mostly mine vs. talking heads. I see nothing remarkable, Zuerlein sees a quickness that I do not, so ZBS fit?. All of us do seem to agree that anchoring vs a bull rush could be problematic. And I think we have that area covered.

    I actually like Taven. Good resign IMO. Flashed a few times last season, which for a part timer is fine... But still need another part timer and that could be Butler. Also sets up competition for whomever develops to stick beyond 2022.

    RB that just caught my eye is Central Michigan's Lew Nichols. Not the fastest (by a fair margin), but shifty and pretty strong on a compact frame.

  • I think we can do some business at DT at pick 44...that edge class maybe very well picked apart by pick 44 ? leftovers of maybe Mafe/Cam Thomas or A.Ebiketie might be left? re-up Clowney imo 

    I hear ya on Jermaine Johnson ! He is also thankful for no wonderlic scores 😉

    edit---don't mind this.. knowing Bell nor Parham might not be there.. room to might take a TE

    Leal & Ebiketie were also available

    • CLE
      44.
      Devonte Wyatt
      DT Georgia
       
    • CLE
      78.
      Kingsley Enagbare
      EDGE South Carolina
       
    • CLE
      99.
      Nick Cross
      S Maryland
       
    • CLE
      118.
      David Bell
      WR Purdue
       
    • CLE
      202.
      Neil Farrell Jr.
      DT LSU
       
    • CLE
      223.
      Matt Araiza
      P San Diego State
       
    • CLE
      246.
      Dylan Parham
      OG Memphis

    Round 2....DE's just don't last to pick #44

    Covey a UDFA? Nah !

    @gumby73 said:

    CLE

    44.
    Devonte Wyatt
    DT Georgia

    Also a good prospect...

    Sometimes "the other guy" is "the guy"

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Any word on that kid from Nebraska? Center, Cam Jurgens.

    Opinions vary... mostly mine vs. talking heads. I see nothing remarkable, Zuerlein sees a quickness that I do not, so ZBS fit?. All of us do seem to agree that anchoring vs a bull rush could be problematic. And I think we have that area covered.

    I actually like Taven. Good resign IMO. Flashed a few times last season, which for a part timer is fine... But still need another part timer and that could be Butler. Also sets up competition for whomever develops to stick beyond 2022.

    RB that just caught my eye is Central Michigan's Lew Nichols. Not the fastest (by a fair margin), but shifty and pretty strong on a compact frame.

    @tour2ma said:

    Opinions vary... mostly mine vs. talking heads. I see nothing remarkable, Zuerlein sees a quickness that I do not, so ZBS fit?. All of us do seem to agree that anchoring vs a bull rush could be problematic. And I think we have that area covered.

    I actually like Taven. Good resign IMO. Flashed a few times last season, which for a part timer is fine... But still need another part timer and that could be Butler. Also sets up competition for whomever develops to stick beyond 2022.

    RB that just caught my eye is Central Michigan's Lew Nichols. Not the fastest (by a fair margin), but shifty and pretty strong on a compact frame.

    You're one of the few I take at a word that wouldn't interest me in having my own look.   So I'll move onto the kid from BC.  

    I don't think Taven is a bad signing, in that way.   But this defense is going to struggle if they're counting on him to come in and be a full time, every down type contributor next to other average IDL.

  • I’ve heard this name on the site before Chad Muma MIKE Wyoming.  Very cerebral well spoken he was interviewed yesterday on NFL XM radio Pat Kirwin Jim Miller.  He would be a great replacement at MIKE.  Seems to have a nose for the ball and sat behind some guys that were drafted but emerged at Wyoming once he had his shot. 

  • I’ve heard this name on the site before Chad Muma MIKE Wyoming.  Very cerebral well spoken he was interviewed yesterday on NFL XM radio Pat Kirwin Jim Miller.  He would be a great replacement at MIKE.  Seems to have a nose for the ball and sat behind some guys that were drafted but emerged at Wyoming once he had his shot. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’ve heard this name on the site before Chad Muma MIKE Wyoming. He would be a great replacement at MIKE.  Seems to have a nose for the ball and sat behind some guys that were drafted but emerged at Wyoming once he had his shot. 

    just can't get past the new size of the new hybrid MLB... Anthony Walker at combine was 6'1" 238 lbs 4.65 w/7.23 3 cone

    at their combine

    Luke Kuechly/ 6'3" 242 lbs runs 4.58 /1'57 split w/6.92 3 cone? 

    Thomas Davis/ 6'1 230 lbs runs 4.52/1.64 split w/7.10 3-cone...

    Very few draftable LB'ers come close to this^^

    Troy Anderson 6'3" 243 runs 4.41 /Leo Chenal 6'2" 250 runs 4.57/Christian Harris 6' 226 runs 4.44/  *note where Gil ranks them https://www.nfl.com/news/gil-brandt-s-hot-100-ranking-top-prospects-in-2022-nfl-draft-class

    Muma & Domann/Damone Clark all ran in the 4.60's/Lloyd 4.71/

    How freakish was Travon Walker's numbers? 6'5" 272 lbs moving at 4.51 w/6.89 3-cone ? (Yikes!) 

    (edit- For the love of god(dell) NFL Network.. You have a HOF LT in Joe Thomas working for you.. Give him a segment on ranking this OL class ! ) ?

  • Draft thoughts ?   Who would have imagined this.

    44XI63PHR5GMBDTGGG7GHP3JQQ.jpg

  • Hadn't heard about the character issues of both Wyatt and Pickens -- >1 teams have dropped both completely off their boards for next week.

  • Hadn't heard about the character issues of both Wyatt and Pickens -- >1 teams have dropped both completely off their boards for next week.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Hadn't heard about the character issues of both Wyatt and Pickens -- >1 teams have dropped both completely off their boards for next week.

    Sounds like draft smoke 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Hadn't heard about the character issues of both Wyatt and Pickens -- >1 teams have dropped both completely off their boards for next week.

    Sounds like draft smoke 

    @mld-woody said:

    Sounds like draft smoke 

    Oh yeah draft smoke and mirrors,  " you mean that rumor isn't true ",  < snicker,  snicker >.   😆  

    Just like playing poker this time of year around the draft tables, right up to April 28 - 30.  

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Hadn't heard about the character issues of both Wyatt and Pickens -- >1 teams have dropped both completely off their boards for next week.

    Sounds like draft smoke 

    @mld-woody said:

    Sounds like draft smoke 

    We have smart guys in our front office that I’m sure do the necessary due diligence to formulate their own answers and opinions on “character”. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Sounds like draft smoke 

    We have smart guys in our front office that I’m sure do the necessary due diligence to formulate their own answers and opinions on “character”. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We have smart guys in our front office that I’m sure do the necessary due diligence to formulate their own answers and opinions on “character”. 

    Apparently. 

  • One week until the 2022 NFL Draft. 

    Try to contain your excitement, Browns fans. ?

  • One week until the 2022 NFL Draft. 

    Try to contain your excitement, Browns fans. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    One week until the 2022 NFL Draft. 

    Try to contain your excitement, Browns fans. ?

    With no 1st round pick there's not much to speculate regarding who our 1st pick is going to be.  Purely wild speculation.  - Quietly looking forward to next Friday night though.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    One week until the 2022 NFL Draft. 

    Try to contain your excitement, Browns fans. ?

    With no 1st round pick there's not much to speculate regarding who our 1st pick is going to be.  Purely wild speculation.  - Quietly looking forward to next Friday night though.

    @orion said:

    With no 1st round pick there's not much to speculate regarding who our 1st pick is going to be.  Purely wild speculation.  - Quietly looking forward to next Friday night though.

    Yeah we get to watch all Thursday evening at everyone else's picks and hoping the BROWNS don't shoot the other foot off.

    Also why I dislike this Th-Fr-Sa  format !  Bring back Sat-Sun for us real draft fans.  😮