Baker v. Brisset
-
Baker is short and doesn't have any special skills to compensate. He's just a dude at this point.
Baker is short and doesn't have any special skills to compensate. He's just a dude at this point.
Sad but true. I like Baker, I do. The 2020 season was the best I have witnessed since I was a child before the Baltimore Ravens existed. But it's become increasingly clear Baker Mayfield's absolute ceiling is the second tier of starting quarterbacks and that's if he's at his best the rest of his career.
It remains to be seen if Deshaun Watson will be the one. I guess we'll see.
-
Baker is short and doesn't have any special skills to compensate. He's just a dude at this point.
Sad but true. I like Baker, I do. The 2020 season was the best I have witnessed since I was a child before the Baltimore Ravens existed. But it's become increasingly clear Baker Mayfield's absolute ceiling is the second tier of starting quarterbacks and that's if he's at his best the rest of his career.
It remains to be seen if Deshaun Watson will be the one. I guess we'll see.
Sad but true. I like Baker, I do. The 2020 season was the best I have witnessed since I was a child before the Baltimore Ravens existed. But it's become increasingly clear Baker Mayfield's absolute ceiling is the second tier of starting quarterbacks and that's if he's at his best the rest of his career.
It remains to be seen if Deshaun Watson will be the one. I guess we'll see.
Watson is an upgrade over Baker, IMO without a doubt. On that point alone, the Browns did their job - they upgraded at the most important position in all sports.
But man, between the off-the-field drama that will surround Watson for years to come, all the draft capital the Browns gave away to the completely guaranteed contract the Browns bent over and took without lube, well...
I think the Browns have to win a Super Bowl to justify this move, and understandably, with all the questions that surround Watson's character, that still wouldn't justify adding someone like this to their favorite team's roster, if they are convinced he did what he's accused of.
-
Sad but true. I like Baker, I do. The 2020 season was the best I have witnessed since I was a child before the Baltimore Ravens existed. But it's become increasingly clear Baker Mayfield's absolute ceiling is the second tier of starting quarterbacks and that's if he's at his best the rest of his career.
It remains to be seen if Deshaun Watson will be the one. I guess we'll see.
Watson is an upgrade over Baker, IMO without a doubt. On that point alone, the Browns did their job - they upgraded at the most important position in all sports.
But man, between the off-the-field drama that will surround Watson for years to come, all the draft capital the Browns gave away to the completely guaranteed contract the Browns bent over and took without lube, well...
I think the Browns have to win a Super Bowl to justify this move, and understandably, with all the questions that surround Watson's character, that still wouldn't justify adding someone like this to their favorite team's roster, if they are convinced he did what he's accused of.
Watson is an upgrade over Baker, IMO without a doubt. On that point alone, the Browns did their job - they upgraded at the most important position in all sports.
But man, between the off-the-field drama that will surround Watson for years to come, all the draft capital the Browns gave away to the completely guaranteed contract the Browns bent over and took without lube, well...
I think the Browns have to win a Super Bowl to justify this move, and understandably, with all the questions that surround Watson's character, that still wouldn't justify adding someone like this to their favorite team's roster, if they are convinced he did what he's accused of.
I disagree on 1 point...the picks and what we gave up mean not so much. For decades we had picks and was millions under the cap....where that ever get us?
-
Watson is an upgrade over Baker, IMO without a doubt. On that point alone, the Browns did their job - they upgraded at the most important position in all sports.
But man, between the off-the-field drama that will surround Watson for years to come, all the draft capital the Browns gave away to the completely guaranteed contract the Browns bent over and took without lube, well...
I think the Browns have to win a Super Bowl to justify this move, and understandably, with all the questions that surround Watson's character, that still wouldn't justify adding someone like this to their favorite team's roster, if they are convinced he did what he's accused of.
I disagree on 1 point...the picks and what we gave up mean not so much. For decades we had picks and was millions under the cap....where that ever get us?
I disagree on 1 point...the picks and what we gave up mean not so much. For decades we had picks and was millions under the cap....where that ever get us?
I get your point, but this isn't your 2010 Cleveland Browns. It actually does appear that there is a front office and coaching staff in place that is, at the least, relatively competent, so losing three first rounders, a third and two fourths is a big pill to swallow, especially for a team that will have difficult roster decisions to make due to a tightening salary cap belt. Quality veterans will be cut in the future due to the cap, and picks that would help replace those players are now gone.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login