Skip to content

Scam ?

Barber Shop Talk
19 6 418 1
  • Speaking of Scams... My original Facebook account got hacked and locked... You can add my new one here... https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100080179658723

  • I got a text message from Wells Fargo that unauthorized use was detected and to go to X website to confirm identity and restore ability to get into my account. I only have Wells Fargo advisors as a stock broker so I called him and he said it was a scam. I had no problem logging into my account either, which confirmed they were fishing for my username/password. I sent it to trash and blocked any further text messages from that phone #.

  • I got a text message from Wells Fargo that unauthorized use was detected and to go to X website to confirm identity and restore ability to get into my account. I only have Wells Fargo advisors as a stock broker so I called him and he said it was a scam. I had no problem logging into my account either, which confirmed they were fishing for my username/password. I sent it to trash and blocked any further text messages from that phone #.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I got a text message from Wells Fargo that unauthorized use was detected and to go to X website to confirm identity and restore ability to get into my account. I only have Wells Fargo advisors as a stock broker so I called him and he said it was a scam. I had no problem logging into my account either, which confirmed they were fishing for my username/password. I sent it to trash and blocked any further text messages from that phone #.

    I hit the big time yesterday.  Seems I have a relative that left millions in Nigerian bank account in the 1800's!  All I have to do is send $1,000 dollars to cover legal fee's and they are transferring the money to my bank account which I gave them the number!  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I got a text message from Wells Fargo that unauthorized use was detected and to go to X website to confirm identity and restore ability to get into my account. I only have Wells Fargo advisors as a stock broker so I called him and he said it was a scam. I had no problem logging into my account either, which confirmed they were fishing for my username/password. I sent it to trash and blocked any further text messages from that phone #.

    I hit the big time yesterday.  Seems I have a relative that left millions in Nigerian bank account in the 1800's!  All I have to do is send $1,000 dollars to cover legal fee's and they are transferring the money to my bank account which I gave them the number!  

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    I hit the big time yesterday.  Seems I have a relative that left millions in Nigerian bank account in the 1800's!  All I have to do is send $1,000 dollars to cover legal fee's and they are transferring the money to my bank account which I gave them the number!  

    LOL! ?

  • I got a text message from Wells Fargo that unauthorized use was detected and to go to X website to confirm identity and restore ability to get into my account. I only have Wells Fargo advisors as a stock broker so I called him and he said it was a scam. I had no problem logging into my account either, which confirmed they were fishing for my username/password. I sent it to trash and blocked any further text messages from that phone #.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I got a text message from Wells Fargo that unauthorized use was detected and to go to X website to confirm identity and restore ability to get into my account. I only have Wells Fargo advisors as a stock broker so I called him and he said it was a scam. I had no problem logging into my account either, which confirmed they were fishing for my username/password. I sent it to trash and blocked any further text messages from that phone #.

    We got emails saying we charged $199.99 at Amazon.....of course all bs.....but it gives you a jump for about a minute or two. 

    Oh BTW both I and my wife both have the credit monitoring service with Discover for $15 each/mo., up to $1,000,000 coverage each.  I just don't want to bother if something gets hacked or whatever.  For $480/yr. it's worth it.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I got a text message from Wells Fargo that unauthorized use was detected and to go to X website to confirm identity and restore ability to get into my account. I only have Wells Fargo advisors as a stock broker so I called him and he said it was a scam. I had no problem logging into my account either, which confirmed they were fishing for my username/password. I sent it to trash and blocked any further text messages from that phone #.

    We got emails saying we charged $199.99 at Amazon.....of course all bs.....but it gives you a jump for about a minute or two. 

    Oh BTW both I and my wife both have the credit monitoring service with Discover for $15 each/mo., up to $1,000,000 coverage each.  I just don't want to bother if something gets hacked or whatever.  For $480/yr. it's worth it.  

    @mjp28 said:

    We got emails saying we charged $199.99 at Amazon.....of course all bs.....but it gives you a jump for about a minute or two. 

    Oh BTW both I and my wife both have the credit monitoring service with Discover for $15 each/mo., up to $1,000(000 coverage each.  I just don't want to bother if something gets hacked or whatever.  For $480/yr. it's worth it.  

    I get credit monitoring for free from the U.S. Govt.  Seems the Chinese hacked into the main frame of the OPM computer in PA and stole all of mine and thousands of others background information, even finger prints.  

  • @mjp28 said:

    We got emails saying we charged $199.99 at Amazon.....of course all bs.....but it gives you a jump for about a minute or two. 

    Oh BTW both I and my wife both have the credit monitoring service with Discover for $15 each/mo., up to $1,000(000 coverage each.  I just don't want to bother if something gets hacked or whatever.  For $480/yr. it's worth it.  

    I get credit monitoring for free from the U.S. Govt.  Seems the Chinese hacked into the main frame of the OPM computer in PA and stole all of mine and thousands of others background information, even finger prints.  

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    I get credit monitoring for free from the U.S. Govt.  Seems the Chinese hacked into the main frame of the OPM computer in PA and stole all of mine and thousands of others background information, even finger prints.  

    We have a few cheapie freebies that monitor the basics but no real coverage for a serious breech and use of your data.  You need some players at the next level to take care of things.

    Just about every card or service has been hit and all of them will offer you some monitoring for a few years.   I've read a few good ones over and Discover was pretty good for what you get.   I hope we never find out.    😕

  • it's everywhere. Seems they never get prosecuted. Years ago, the Father-in-law was getting up there, and we were seeing a lot of high charges for phone calls to overseas. From Jamaica. But the company wiped those charges out, and we put a lock on international calls on his phone. Computer systems have left so much open to so much fraud.

    we know someone who works for a major bank - the job, remote from home - is to monitor all credit card purchases, and red flag/disallow some that are suspicious. It works.

  • it's everywhere. Seems they never get prosecuted. Years ago, the Father-in-law was getting up there, and we were seeing a lot of high charges for phone calls to overseas. From Jamaica. But the company wiped those charges out, and we put a lock on international calls on his phone. Computer systems have left so much open to so much fraud.

    we know someone who works for a major bank - the job, remote from home - is to monitor all credit card purchases, and red flag/disallow some that are suspicious. It works.

    @calfoxwc said:

    it's everywhere. Seems they never get prosecuted. Years ago, the Father-in-law was getting up there, and we were seeing a lot of high charges for phone calls to overseas. From Jamaica. But the company wiped those charges out, and we put a lock on international calls on his phone. Computer systems have left so much open to so much fraud.

    we know someone who works for a major bank - the job, remote from home - is to monitor all credit card purchases, and red flag/disallow some that are suspicious. It works.

    It helps too to protect yourself in case someone steals your identity and starts all kinds of havoc with your credit and more.  It's almost impossible to fight and fix these kinds of problems.   I would seriously consider a service that pays in the event of big expensive problems. 

    Unfortunately it's the world ? we live in now.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    it's everywhere. Seems they never get prosecuted. Years ago, the Father-in-law was getting up there, and we were seeing a lot of high charges for phone calls to overseas. From Jamaica. But the company wiped those charges out, and we put a lock on international calls on his phone. Computer systems have left so much open to so much fraud.

    we know someone who works for a major bank - the job, remote from home - is to monitor all credit card purchases, and red flag/disallow some that are suspicious. It works.

    It helps too to protect yourself in case someone steals your identity and starts all kinds of havoc with your credit and more.  It's almost impossible to fight and fix these kinds of problems.   I would seriously consider a service that pays in the event of big expensive problems. 

    Unfortunately it's the world ? we live in now.

    @mjp28 said:

    It helps too to protect yourself in case someone steals your identity and starts all kinds of havoc with your credit and more.  It's almost impossible to fight and fix these kinds of problems.   I would seriously consider a service that pays in the event of big expensive problems. 

    Unfortunately it's the world ? we live in now.

    My wife had her identity stolen (SS#) and it was used to open a Cap One on line account, transfer in $480 from our regular Cap One and then send it to a bank in Chicago where it was cashed. It should have been picked up by Cap One since they used an old address no longer in their system to open that one line account. We go reimbursed  but dropped Cap One due to incompetent security that should have caught the old address use and got Lifelock for both of us since we were told they actually got both our SS #s, obviously from Cap One. It seemed to me in was an insider job or their security was far worse than a banking system that size should be.

  • Just got a telephone call which told me my electricity was going to be shut off within the hour. To speak to a representative of Ohio Edison press 1 for more information press 2 I pressed to and got a fellow that sounded like you might have been retarded. I asked him what address was this service? He gave me two completely bogus addresses and then hung up on me. According to Google I guess this is a thing these days.

    WSS

  • Just got a telephone call which told me my electricity was going to be shut off within the hour. To speak to a representative of Ohio Edison press 1 for more information press 2 I pressed to and got a fellow that sounded like you might have been retarded. I asked him what address was this service? He gave me two completely bogus addresses and then hung up on me. According to Google I guess this is a thing these days.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Just got a telephone call which told me my electricity was going to be shut off within the hour. To speak to a representative of Ohio Edison press 1 for more information press 2 I pressed to and got a fellow that sounded like you might have been retarded. I asked him what address was this service? He gave me two completely bogus addresses and then hung up on me. According to Google I guess this is a thing these days.

    WSS

    More and more my phone is identifying possible scam or possible spam on numbers I see coming in. I just let the answering machine take the call. 9 out of 10 leave no message. That's a good thing.

  • If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  I get shit loads of voice mail from spammers which I just delete by pushing 7.    

  • https://www.facebook.com/133778668861695/posts/334655092107384/?sfnsn=mo

    This one has a kind of creepy potential  vibe going on. 

    WSS

  • https://www.facebook.com/133778668861695/posts/334655092107384/?sfnsn=mo

    This one has a kind of creepy potential  vibe going on. 

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    https://www.facebook.com/133778668861695/posts/334655092107384/?sfnsn=mo

    This one has a kind of creepy potential  vibe going on. 

    WSS

    Nothing wrong there......well maybe.....possibly.....can you send me $500 until my bank opens tomorrow  ?   😳

  • If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  I get shit loads of voice mail from spammers which I just delete by pushing 7.    

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  I get shit loads of voice mail from spammers which I just delete by pushing 7.    

    We have our phone through our cable   For $2.50/month we got that Robo killer and it has wiped out 99.9% of our garbage calls ?. 

    BEST thing we ever did, highly recommend it. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://www.facebook.com/133778668861695/posts/334655092107384/?sfnsn=mo

    This one has a kind of creepy potential  vibe going on. 

    WSS

    Nothing wrong there......well maybe.....possibly.....can you send me $500 until my bank opens tomorrow  ?   😳

    @mjp28 said:

    Nothing wrong there......well maybe.....possibly.....can you send me $500 until my bank opens tomorrow  ?   😳

    ? It pops up every once in awhile on Facebook. I will post a screenshot when the more offensive ad shows up which states plainly something about age not mattering and then a slew of pictures of young beautiful women all of which assumedly looking forward to a relationship with old geezers with smartphones.

    WSS

  • If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  I get shit loads of voice mail from spammers which I just delete by pushing 7.    

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer.  I get shit loads of voice mail from spammers which I just delete by pushing 7.    

    No s*** but it still bothers me when it rings I don't care that I talk to them or not. But we have line is worse and I want to get rid of that piece of s***.

    @mjp28 said:

    We have our phone through our cable   For $2.50/month we got that Robo killer and it has wiped out 99.9% of our garbage calls ?. 

    BEST thing we ever did, highly recommend it. 

    I wonder if I could get that on my Verizon line and if it works on text messages. I get spam texts everyday. Yes I can block them yes I can list them as spam but you know the drill these guys can change numbers 10 times a day.

    WSS