Skip to content

10 greatest soft rock albums?

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
9 4 411 1
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Clickbait. There certainly are some fine ones here but it's just like a random 10.

    "10 Best Soft Rock Albums Of All Time – Page 10" https://whatculture.com/music/10-best-soft-rock-albums-of-all-time?page=10

    WSS

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I think whoorta, tex and woodpecker voted for this one:

    image.png.c67a4dcefef96f1a8b8e368fe535944f.png

  • Clickbait. There certainly are some fine ones here but it's just like a random 10.

    "10 Best Soft Rock Albums Of All Time – Page 10" https://whatculture.com/music/10-best-soft-rock-albums-of-all-time?page=10

    WSS

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @westside-steve said:

    Clickbait. There certainly are some fine ones here but it's just like a random 10.

    "10 Best Soft Rock Albums Of All Time – Page 10" https://whatculture.com/music/10-best-soft-rock-albums-of-all-time?page=10

    WSS

    John Mayer is one of the most overrated players I've ever heard... He's actually very average in my opinion... Steely Dan The Eagles and Billy Joel were great choices.. in fact Aja is probably my favorite record of all time.. Steely Dan had a profound influence on me...

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I have no idea what soft rock is anymore.. To me, it's Def Leppard, Nickle Broke Back, Bryan Upchuck Adams.

  • AxeA Axe

    I have no idea what soft rock is anymore.. To me, it's Def Leppard, Nickle Broke Back, Bryan Upchuck Adams.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @axe said:

    I have no idea what soft rock is anymore.. To me, it's Def Leppard, Nickle Broke Back, Bryan Upchuck Adams.

    It is a pretty vague category.

    WSS

  • AxeA Axe

    I have no idea what soft rock is anymore.. To me, it's Def Leppard, Nickle Broke Back, Bryan Upchuck Adams.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @axe said:

    I have no idea what soft rock is anymore.. To me, it's Def Leppard, Nickle Broke Back, Bryan Upchuck Adams.

    I remember Country was "Soft Rock" for awhile... Then Russell Simmons... Not to be confused with Steve... Poisoned the youth of America and became just another branch of hip hop/rap

  • @axe said:

    I have no idea what soft rock is anymore.. To me, it's Def Leppard, Nickle Broke Back, Bryan Upchuck Adams.

    I remember Country was "Soft Rock" for awhile... Then Russell Simmons... Not to be confused with Steve... Poisoned the youth of America and became just another branch of hip hop/rap

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @nickers said:

    I remember Country was "Soft Rock" for awhile... Then Russell Simmons... Not to be confused with Steve... Poisoned the youth of America and became just another branch of hip hop/rap

    There are just so many subjects genres of any style of music it's impossible to put your finger on soft rock.

    I like a lot of country music just not the current southern rock Georgia Florida Line Confederate Railroad etc etc with that boom boom crack beat

    WSS

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I think of bread The Carpenters Air Supply at cetera Etc

  • @nickers said:

    I remember Country was "Soft Rock" for awhile... Then Russell Simmons... Not to be confused with Steve... Poisoned the youth of America and became just another branch of hip hop/rap

    There are just so many subjects genres of any style of music it's impossible to put your finger on soft rock.

    I like a lot of country music just not the current southern rock Georgia Florida Line Confederate Railroad etc etc with that boom boom crack beat

    WSS

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @westside-steve said:

    There are just so many subjects genres of any style of music it's impossible to put your finger on soft rock.

    I like a lot of country music just not the current southern rock Georgia Florida Line Confederate Railroad etc etc with that boom boom crack beat

    WSS

    Yeah... it's stupid