Skip to content

Oregon RB LaGarrette Blount - Class Act

The Browns Board
38 22 2.9k
  • Man. What a dummy. So much for the "I lost my cool in the heat of battle on the field" argument. When 2 security guards, and 2 more of Idaho's finest have to restrain you from going into the stands and Artest-ing a few Boise St fans, you're career in college ought to be finished.

  • After showing up to spring practice overweight and promptly hurting his foot, LeGarrette Blount looked awfully slow and deliberate with his footwork last night. Though he did run in a two point conversion, he lost a total of five yards on his eight carries. His o-line wasn't helping him at all, but he bears most of the responsibility for his bad night. He didn't look at all like the explosive big back many of us were so impressed with last year.

    And LeGarrette's night got worse after the game, when he ended up doing this:

    Punch lands Ducks' Blount in hot water

    New HC Chip Kelly likely will make an example of Blount, suspending him for at least a couple games. That'll only hurt his draft stock some more, though the likelihood of Mangini drafting this guy is already converging on, "Um, no."

    Just a terrible night for Blount and the Ducks.

  • After showing up to spring practice overweight and promptly hurting his foot, LeGarrette Blount looked awfully slow and deliberate with his footwork last night. Though he did run in a two point conversion, he lost a total of five yards on his eight carries. His o-line wasn't helping him at all, but he bears most of the responsibility for his bad night. He didn't look at all like the explosive big back many of us were so impressed with last year.

    And LeGarrette's night got worse after the game, when he ended up doing this:

    Punch lands Ducks' Blount in hot water

    New HC Chip Kelly likely will make an example of Blount, suspending him for at least a couple games. That'll only hurt his draft stock some more, though the likelihood of Mangini drafting this guy is already converging on, "Um, no."

    Just a terrible night for Blount and the Ducks.

    Aloysius said:

    After showing up to spring practice overweight and promptly hurting his foot, LeGarrette Blount looked awfully slow and deliberate with his footwork last night. Though he did run in a two point conversion, he lost a total of five yards on his eight carries. His o-line wasn't helping him at all, but he bears most of the responsibility for his bad night. He didn't look at all like the explosive big back many of us were so impressed with last year.

    And LeGarrette's night got worse after the game, when he ended up doing this:

    Punch lands Ducks' Blount in hot water

    New HC Chip Kelly likely will make an example of Blount, suspending him for at least a couple games. That'll only hurt his draft stock some more, though the likelihood of Mangini drafting this guy is already converging on, "Um, no."

    Just a terrible night for Blount and the Ducks.

    That dude is major nob.

    Please, no more discussion of drafting Blount by anybody. That ship has sailed right along with thugs right hand.

  • More footage:

    What an idiot.

  • Watched it on espn this morning.Even attacked players on his own team.

  • Sorry, mz the pussy. Didn't see your thread.

  • On another note, Oregon safety T.J. Ward went down with what appeared to be a lower leg injury - I've seen it reported as an ankle, but he appeared to be grabbing his calf.

    He's had a series of knee issues, tearing his patella tendon in high school and his MCL at Oregon. It could kill his draft stock, especially if this injury proves to be severe.

    Hopefully, he doesn't miss any time. I love how hard he hits; you can tell that backs and receivers run a little looser when he's off the field.

  • Zombo said:

    mz the pussy, not sure when you came back, but don't leave again ... we need you around here.

    Zombo

    Thanks buddy.

    I was off reading The Secret and attending Tony Robbins seminars. My Oprah tix must've gotten lost in the mail.

    I'm considering taking things in moderation. And staying out of the Political Discussion forum for good.

  • After watching the video, I would've slugged the douche if he intentionally shoved me like that too. You can say something to someone, but as soon as you lay a hand on them you better expect some kind of repercussion. Now everything that took place afterwards just makes Blount look like a total dick (ie. shoving your teammate in the face) but I say the initial punch was justified in a sense.

    By the way, Boise St. plays Bowling Green at Bowling Green this year. I can't wait to wear my giant incredible hulk gloves and wave them at #94.

  • Blount is an idiot that deserves to be suspended. That being said, Hout will probably never be that cocky towards something after a win again. Blount SHOULD have handled it differently, but that doesn't mean I feel bad for Hout.

  • Anyone else catching him punch a Boise St. player square in the jaw after the game? He followed that up by having to be restrained from fighting with fans.

    Take note, Al Davis/Mike Brown...

    mz. said:

    Anyone else catching him punch a Boise St. player square in the jaw after the game? He followed that up by having to be restrained from fighting with fans.

    Take note, Al Davis/Mike Brown...

    Yea, Bungles will draft him hext year to pair with Bernard Scott. I'm surprised they have not brought Pacman in.

  • mz. said:

    Anyone else catching him punch a Boise St. player square in the jaw after the game? He followed that up by having to be restrained from fighting with fans.

    Take note, Al Davis/Mike Brown...

    Yea, Bungles will draft him hext year to pair with Bernard Scott. I'm surprised they have not brought Pacman in.

    @kingphisher said:

    Yea, Bungles will draft him hext year to pair with Bernard Scott.

    A lot of teams have two backs "fighting" for carries. Those two would take it literally.

  • That is a disgrace. The Blount guy? should be in counseling, suspended for the year til he learns

    how to control himself. Next he'll bite off another player's ear?

    No excuse for his actions.

  • Two points:

    1). Blount = Lawrence Philips...or Mo Cla

    2). My coach told me NEVER take off your helmet when on the field! If he(boise dude) had his helmet on...Blount hurts his hand and gets laughed at!

  • Just another uneducated thug.

  • Blount is an idiot that deserves to be suspended. That being said, Hout will probably never be that cocky towards something after a win again. Blount SHOULD have handled it differently, but that doesn't mean I feel bad for Hout.

    @azbrowns said:

    Blount is an idiot that deserves to be suspended. That being said, Hout will probably never be that cocky towards something after a win again. Blount SHOULD have handled it differently, but that doesn't mean I feel bad for Hout.

    Are you kidding me???? Blount has been running his freaking yap since the SUMMER, when he was getting in trouble you know, for missing classes again??? I guess he isnt there for that ejukashun, huh??

    Screw Blount - if he cant take getting shit yapped back at him, he should first shut his god damn mouth. I wish someone would have beat him over the head with a helmet after that. Once u cross the line, it is all go. He will get his someday....

    Then he apologizes. Yeah, ok, buddy. U and Dick-Rod at Michigan should pair up and make a new Odd Couple movie together and win academy awards for your great acting.

  • I bet the dickhead he knocked out will think twice before he runs his fat ass pie hole again. Should he of hit him? No, but the guy he hit, is just as much to blame.....................Careful what you say to someone, they may just kick your ass.

  • @azbrowns said:

    Blount is an idiot that deserves to be suspended. That being said, Hout will probably never be that cocky towards something after a win again. Blount SHOULD have handled it differently, but that doesn't mean I feel bad for Hout.

    Are you kidding me???? Blount has been running his freaking yap since the SUMMER, when he was getting in trouble you know, for missing classes again??? I guess he isnt there for that ejukashun, huh??

    Screw Blount - if he cant take getting shit yapped back at him, he should first shut his god damn mouth. I wish someone would have beat him over the head with a helmet after that. Once u cross the line, it is all go. He will get his someday....

    Then he apologizes. Yeah, ok, buddy. U and Dick-Rod at Michigan should pair up and make a new Odd Couple movie together and win academy awards for your great acting.

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Are you kidding me???? Blount has been running his freaking yap since the SUMMER, when he was getting in trouble you know, for missing classes again??? I guess he isnt there for that ejukashun, huh??

    Screw Blount - if he cant take getting shit yapped back at him, he should first shut his god damn mouth. I wish someone would have beat him over the head with a helmet after that. Once u cross the line, it is all go. He will get his someday....

    Then he apologizes. Yeah, ok, buddy. U and Dick-Rod at Michigan should pair up and make a new Odd Couple movie together and win academy awards for your great acting.

    Not sure why you gave such an emotional answer. Read what I wrote again. Blount should be suspended indefinitely, I am not arguing that, but to sit back and act like the dude from Boise St didn't play some factor in it is not telling / listening to the whole story.

    I am not saying Blount isn't an idiot, but does that happen if the guy doesn't jump, slap Blount's shoulder and yap in his ear as he's walking off of the field? No it doesn't. Therefore, he is partly responsible for what happened.

    His coach basically told him to get off the field without saying anything and he still yapped....

  • @bigbrownsfan said:

    Are you kidding me???? Blount has been running his freaking yap since the SUMMER, when he was getting in trouble you know, for missing classes again??? I guess he isnt there for that ejukashun, huh??

    Screw Blount - if he cant take getting shit yapped back at him, he should first shut his god damn mouth. I wish someone would have beat him over the head with a helmet after that. Once u cross the line, it is all go. He will get his someday....

    Then he apologizes. Yeah, ok, buddy. U and Dick-Rod at Michigan should pair up and make a new Odd Couple movie together and win academy awards for your great acting.

    Not sure why you gave such an emotional answer. Read what I wrote again. Blount should be suspended indefinitely, I am not arguing that, but to sit back and act like the dude from Boise St didn't play some factor in it is not telling / listening to the whole story.

    I am not saying Blount isn't an idiot, but does that happen if the guy doesn't jump, slap Blount's shoulder and yap in his ear as he's walking off of the field? No it doesn't. Therefore, he is partly responsible for what happened.

    His coach basically told him to get off the field without saying anything and he still yapped....

    @azbrowns said:

    I am not saying Blount isn't an idiot, but does that happen if the guy doesn't jump, slap Blount's shoulder and yap in his ear as he's walking off of the field? No it doesn't. Therefore, he is partly responsible for what happened.

    Does Hout do that if Blount wasn't running his trap talking about an ass whooping before the game? No it doesn't. I agree, Hout played the proverbial idiot role and he took it on the chin, literally! Blount has NO room for that though. Completely uncalled for. If I wanted to see UFC I'd watch UFC. I'm all for emotion, but that's way over the line.

    Hope he earns a degree. He's going to need it. Or maybe PACMAN needs a new bodyguard.... Canada has some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet nite clubs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉

  • Per former Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah:

    Daniel Jeremiah said:

    talking to NFL scouting buddies, punch alone forgivable but his history and attacking fans hurt him BIG!