Ranked Choice Voting
-
I wonder if there is a mental illness that defines those who don't believe in anything, won't learn anything,
and demand that everything has to be different.
still won't make them feel good about themselves.
that might be woodpecker on the right, sure.

-
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
-
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
Find comfort however You can.
your soul is suffering it’s obvious
you’re a miserable person
-
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
Woody, get over yourself ageist.
-
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
I posted what I thought was a pretty good example of some pros and cons.
I know it's all us versus them for you.
WSS
-
woodpecker COULD do his own lookups and reading on the internet.....
maybe the feathers get in the way of pecking on a keyboard.
15 Reasons Why Electoral College Is Important? - Curious ...
15 Benefits Of Electoral College For Country. 1. Electoral College Is A Mechanism For Stable Elections. 2. Electoral College Ensures A Majority Vote. 3. Every Person's Vote Matters In Electoral College. 4. Electoral College Provides A Fairer Representation.Why The Electoral College Is Still Important
The Electoral College is important because it ensures the President of the United States is selected by the constitutional majority. Basically, the Electoral College magnifies the margin of victory and grants legitimacy to the winners. Let's put this into perspective. Hypothetically, Hilary Clinton's popular vote can increase or decreased from ...Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the ...
Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the Popular Vote . The issue of winning the popular vote and losing the electoral college is fraught with uninformed debate. Our country has always been a state to state compact. It's embedded in our name: United States of America. -
so we got Steve not giving an answer
a troll
and an old man slowly losing his mind
about par for the course I guess
I posted what I thought was a pretty good example of some pros and cons.
I know it's all us versus them for you.
WSS
I posted what I thought was a pretty good example of some pros and cons.
I know it's all us versus them for you.
WSS
ha, right, yeah....
I'll break my rule here and say this:
When a thread leads off asking for your opinion on a topic, normally you give your opinion. That can include a link or video, but hopefully the poster would add something of their own. At the very least they wouldn't just post a video listing both the pro's and con's... as that would make no sense...
Maybe you were being dense on purpose, or maybe I could be more clear... here - what are your thoughts on ranked choice voting? It seems to have a lot of positives and I can't think of a compelling reason not to go to it. What are your thoughts?
-
woodpecker COULD do his own lookups and reading on the internet.....
maybe the feathers get in the way of pecking on a keyboard.
15 Reasons Why Electoral College Is Important? - Curious ...
15 Benefits Of Electoral College For Country. 1. Electoral College Is A Mechanism For Stable Elections. 2. Electoral College Ensures A Majority Vote. 3. Every Person's Vote Matters In Electoral College. 4. Electoral College Provides A Fairer Representation.Why The Electoral College Is Still Important
The Electoral College is important because it ensures the President of the United States is selected by the constitutional majority. Basically, the Electoral College magnifies the margin of victory and grants legitimacy to the winners. Let's put this into perspective. Hypothetically, Hilary Clinton's popular vote can increase or decreased from ...Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the ...
Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the Popular Vote . The issue of winning the popular vote and losing the electoral college is fraught with uninformed debate. Our country has always been a state to state compact. It's embedded in our name: United States of America.woodpecker COULD do his own lookups and reading on the internet.....
maybe the feathers get in the way of pecking on a keyboard.
15 Reasons Why Electoral College Is Important? - Curious ...
15 Benefits Of Electoral College For Country. 1. Electoral College Is A Mechanism For Stable Elections. 2. Electoral College Ensures A Majority Vote. 3. Every Person's Vote Matters In Electoral College. 4. Electoral College Provides A Fairer Representation.Why The Electoral College Is Still Important
The Electoral College is important because it ensures the President of the United States is selected by the constitutional majority. Basically, the Electoral College magnifies the margin of victory and grants legitimacy to the winners. Let's put this into perspective. Hypothetically, Hilary Clinton's popular vote can increase or decreased from ...Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the ...
Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the Popular Vote . The issue of winning the popular vote and losing the electoral college is fraught with uninformed debate. Our country has always been a state to state compact. It's embedded in our name: United States of America.hey, senile old man, I said nothing about the electoral college (but you gotta love your sources regardless)
you can do ranked choice voting and still keep the (broken) electoral college as it is
-
I posted what I thought was a pretty good example of some pros and cons.
I know it's all us versus them for you.
WSS
ha, right, yeah....
I'll break my rule here and say this:
When a thread leads off asking for your opinion on a topic, normally you give your opinion. That can include a link or video, but hopefully the poster would add something of their own. At the very least they wouldn't just post a video listing both the pro's and con's... as that would make no sense...
Maybe you were being dense on purpose, or maybe I could be more clear... here - what are your thoughts on ranked choice voting? It seems to have a lot of positives and I can't think of a compelling reason not to go to it. What are your thoughts?
ha, right, yeah....
I'll break my rule here and say this:
When a thread leads off asking for your opinion on a topic, normally you give your opinion. That can include a link or video, but hopefully the poster would add something of their own. At the very least they wouldn't just post a video listing both the pro's and con's... as that would make no sense...
Maybe you were being dense on purpose, or maybe I could be more clear... here - what are your thoughts on ranked choice voting? It seems to have a lot of positives and I can't think of a compelling reason not to go to it. What are your thoughts?
Well, I didn't really see enough on the video push my opinion very far over the center.
Then again, if it means so much to you as that you would get upset over that then there must be something fucked up about it. ?
WSS
-
It sounds like something a 2nd place guy would like…
both sides could benefit but it still is a hokey gimmick
-
liberals always want to change everything, even if it has zero affect, or change for the worse.
that way, they can feel good about owning the change.
I take it as a challenge to getting rid of the electoral college,
not a solution to any problem.
-
Here's another overview oh, apparently from someone who supports the new system.
-
Any arguments here against it?
Seems like a pretty simple way to make a more fair election, reduce the impact of "dark" money, etc etc.
Some states have already implemented this system
Any arguments here against it?
Seems like a pretty simple way to make a more fair election, reduce the impact of "dark" money, etc etc.
Some states have already implemented this system
How does it make the election more fair? How does it reduce the impact of "dark" money?
-
Seems like it would only work with four candidates but of course then you're almost back to square one. It could help eliminate a fringe candidate from siphoning votes from an opponent.
And in response to Vapor, it certainly would not have eluminated one penny of dark money.
WSS
-
woodpecker COULD do his own lookups and reading on the internet.....
maybe the feathers get in the way of pecking on a keyboard.
15 Reasons Why Electoral College Is Important? - Curious ...
15 Benefits Of Electoral College For Country. 1. Electoral College Is A Mechanism For Stable Elections. 2. Electoral College Ensures A Majority Vote. 3. Every Person's Vote Matters In Electoral College. 4. Electoral College Provides A Fairer Representation.Why The Electoral College Is Still Important
The Electoral College is important because it ensures the President of the United States is selected by the constitutional majority. Basically, the Electoral College magnifies the margin of victory and grants legitimacy to the winners. Let's put this into perspective. Hypothetically, Hilary Clinton's popular vote can increase or decreased from ...Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the ...
Why the Electoral College Matters More than than the Popular Vote . The issue of winning the popular vote and losing the electoral college is fraught with uninformed debate. Our country has always been a state to state compact. It's embedded in our name: United States of America.hey, senile old man, I said nothing about the electoral college (but you gotta love your sources regardless)
you can do ranked choice voting and still keep the (broken) electoral college as it is
hey, senile old man
Ageist.
-
Definitely not for the general election of the POTUS.
However, it can be subject to debate for state and local elections because it doesn't appear to be another scheme aimed to benefit demonrats ...as does eliminating the Electoral College, requiring no voter ID, and allowing illegals, sixteen yr. olds, and felons vote.
-
ha, right, yeah....
I'll break my rule here and say this:
When a thread leads off asking for your opinion on a topic, normally you give your opinion. That can include a link or video, but hopefully the poster would add something of their own. At the very least they wouldn't just post a video listing both the pro's and con's... as that would make no sense...
Maybe you were being dense on purpose, or maybe I could be more clear... here - what are your thoughts on ranked choice voting? It seems to have a lot of positives and I can't think of a compelling reason not to go to it. What are your thoughts?
Well, I didn't really see enough on the video push my opinion very far over the center.
Then again, if it means so much to you as that you would get upset over that then there must be something fucked up about it. ?
WSS
Well, I didn't really see enough on the video push my opinion very far over the center.
Then again, if it means so much to you as that you would get upset over that then there must be something fucked up about it. ?
WSS
I'm not upset about anything
What is the "center" position here?
-
Any arguments here against it?
Seems like a pretty simple way to make a more fair election, reduce the impact of "dark" money, etc etc.
Some states have already implemented this system
How does it make the election more fair? How does it reduce the impact of "dark" money?
How does it make the election more fair? How does it reduce the impact of "dark" money?
At the presidential level we seem to be in a cycle of people picking the lesser of two evils. You don't like either main candidate, but you really don't like one, and you want your vote to matter, so you vote for the other. Ranked Choice Voting at least allows other options than the main two parties to be viable. People that would prefer a third party candidate can now vote for that person, and if they don't win, their second choice can still be the candidate they least dislike of the main two.
Anything that allows us to move away from our broken two party system is a positive in my book. And in doing that I think it makes the elections more fair for all candidates running as they'd actually have a shot. Not to mention there is a growing share of independents in the country. It also eliminates the need for a bunch of runoff elections but that would be up to the state.
If the number of viable candidates is higher it at least spreads around the funding and theoretically reduces the impact. If it isn't just funding candidate A to bear candidate B, there are now viable C, D, etc, then pushing in funds to beat a certain candidate is less obvious. I mean it'll still be there, we'll still have lobbyists, we'll still have corruption... but it's a step in the right direction.
Idk I'm just not hearing any great reason not to do it. I think any movement away from a two party system is a good one.
-
Definitely not for the general election of the POTUS.
However, it can be subject to debate for state and local elections because it doesn't appear to be another scheme aimed to benefit demonrats ...as does eliminating the Electoral College, requiring no voter ID, and allowing illegals, sixteen yr. olds, and felons vote.
-
How does it make the election more fair? How does it reduce the impact of "dark" money?
At the presidential level we seem to be in a cycle of people picking the lesser of two evils. You don't like either main candidate, but you really don't like one, and you want your vote to matter, so you vote for the other. Ranked Choice Voting at least allows other options than the main two parties to be viable. People that would prefer a third party candidate can now vote for that person, and if they don't win, their second choice can still be the candidate they least dislike of the main two.
Anything that allows us to move away from our broken two party system is a positive in my book. And in doing that I think it makes the elections more fair for all candidates running as they'd actually have a shot. Not to mention there is a growing share of independents in the country. It also eliminates the need for a bunch of runoff elections but that would be up to the state.
If the number of viable candidates is higher it at least spreads around the funding and theoretically reduces the impact. If it isn't just funding candidate A to bear candidate B, there are now viable C, D, etc, then pushing in funds to beat a certain candidate is less obvious. I mean it'll still be there, we'll still have lobbyists, we'll still have corruption... but it's a step in the right direction.
Idk I'm just not hearing any great reason not to do it. I think any movement away from a two party system is a good one.
Idk I'm just not hearing any great reason not to do it. I think any movement away from a two party system is a good one.
That is the best reason not to do it, you're always wrong!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login