Skip to content

QB Answer Coming Soon

The Browns Board
79 43 5.5k
  • We know who the starter is. The only starter im confused about is what to get from the Applebee's menu 😆

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Trading Quinn to Denver still a possibility?

    Im not sold it's Quinn yet even though thats what it looks like and I want it to be.

    Everyone thinks DA is going to be moved, WHAT IF it's Quinn. Who wants him besides Denver and Washington? And what do u think we are trying to get, for either of them?

    I'm thinkin if Quinn gets traded it will be no less than a 1st round pick. And DA will probably be a 3rd-4th rounder.

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Trading Quinn to Denver still a possibility?

    Im not sold it's Quinn yet even though thats what it looks like and I want it to be.

    Everyone thinks DA is going to be moved, WHAT IF it's Quinn. Who wants him besides Denver and Washington? And what do u think we are trying to get, for either of them?

    Like ive said before if DA starts i will be disappointed that the club put financial issues before building a winner but i wouldnt be suprised or shellshocked at the announcement of DA as the starter especially since DA has no value outside of clownstown and BQ does if it goes down this way the good news is DA will be gone next year when manfooli gets his magical mangini guy hopefully he is nothing talent wise like rattliff....😉

  • mikeyP72 said:

    Trading Quinn to Denver still a possibility?

    Im not sold it's Quinn yet even though thats what it looks like and I want it to be.

    Everyone thinks DA is going to be moved, WHAT IF it's Quinn. Who wants him besides Denver and Washington? And what do u think we are trying to get, for either of them?

    We passed up a first rounder for Quinn already.

  • But Mangini also said that the competition is closed, which means that the starter (whoever it might be) will be the starter in practices leading up to the visit from Mangini's last starting quarterback, Brett Favre of the Vikings.

    "The information I have based on what they've done at this point is what the decision will be based on," Mangini said.

    Sounds like Fiori is piecing things together with what makes sense, which is fine as it makes no sense to have both QB's take equal snaps up until kick-off.

  • @shepwrite said:

    ...ESPN did a pretty long piece on the Browns this week. Whatsisname, the lineman with the goatee, said everybody on earth knows it's Quinn, and that's who the Vikings will prepare for.

    You don't stage a QB competition and give it to the guy who played worse. Over the span of a scrimmage and three preseason games, Quinn won it fair and square.

    Schlereth & Schefter weigh in on ESPN this morning:

    http://www.twitvid.com/36C11

    Schlereth pretty spirited about how this is silly and a leader needs to be known to the offense.

    Schefter saying the same thing he has for the last week: "The feeling around the league is it'll be Brady Quinn".

  • @shepwrite said:

    ...ESPN did a pretty long piece on the Browns this week. Whatsisname, the lineman with the goatee, said everybody on earth knows it's Quinn, and that's who the Vikings will prepare for.

    You don't stage a QB competition and give it to the guy who played worse. Over the span of a scrimmage and three preseason games, Quinn won it fair and square.

    Schlereth & Schefter weigh in on ESPN this morning:

    http://www.twitvid.com/36C11

    Schlereth pretty spirited about how this is silly and a leader needs to be known to the offense.

    Schefter saying the same thing he has for the last week: "The feeling around the league is it'll be Brady Quinn".

    @oconrecon said:

    Schlereth & Schefter weigh in on ESPN this morning:

    http://www.twitvid.com/36C11

    Schlereth pretty spirited about how this is silly and a leader needs to be known to the offense.

    Schefter saying the same thing he has for the last week: "The feeling around the league is it'll be Brady Quinn".

    You can also watch both on the team page on ESPN.com

  • @jadbf said:

    If I'm mangini, The first play on the field for prectice Monday will have BOTH DA and BQ in the backfield.......

    It looks like they are trying to move one of the QB's, and not identifying a starter keeps the value of both up (especially if it's BQ they are trying to move). We know that Denver has interest in him, and if Mangini is not sold on either one then he is probably trying to get the highest value of the 2. Personally, I'd like to keep Quinn and see what he's got for a year, but I'm not the GM. By this rational, I agree in having both in the backfield to start on Mon. I have a feeling we will see trade details in the news before Monday though. Just a gut feeling.

  • @shepwrite said:

    The Browns will trade Quinn when bats fly out of my ass. He was already the fan favorite and then he clearly won the competition over the four total outings. Not the way ManKok would want to start their regime.

    Not going to happen. The question is whether Anderson stays or goes.

    I wish I was that confident.

  • I can't see us trading either to Denver, we play them in two weeks. I think they keep both, move one of them after the season. I would rather see BQ, but to me it really isn't an issue as long as we WIN. This QB stuff isn't going to matter if we CANNOT stop the run on D.

  • @shepwrite said:

    The Browns will trade Quinn when bats fly out of my ass. He was already the fan favorite and then he clearly won the competition over the four total outings. Not the way ManKok would want to start their regime.

    Not going to happen. The question is whether Anderson stays or goes.

    I hope we don't have to see that, it's an ugly mental picture.post-481-1252080138_thumb.jpg

  • Zombo said:

    I don't see the Browns trading DA to a team where he would back up instead of keeping him here to back up. The only possible trade I see is a scenario where Mangini is in love with DA's arm and trades Quinn to Denver for a first rounder. Quinn could step in and start right away in Denver's system and it would relieve the PR nightmare they have out there now.

    But I don't think Mangini makes that decision unless he is confident that DA is the guy he would rather have starting, and I wouldn't think that would be the case, but you never know.

    Anyway ... If it does go down, I hope Shep has a family member ready with the vid camera ... because we could make a freaking mint with a video of bats flying out of his ass.

    Zombo

    The only scenario I see BQ being dealt is if Mangini, after this competition, doesn't feel either one will be his future QB. In that case I can see him dealing the one that has the best value and riding out the season with the other one and then drafting his guy next year.

  • Lucky for me, I've long since stopped drinking any coffee, root beer or water when I'm reading the Browns Board.

    Learned my lesson a long while ago. It just isn't safe.....like after HiwayGal just says stuff, or Flugs, or whoever....

  • @hiwaygal said:

    HA! I called that too!!

    Here's my thoughts...the 'internal' reason for looking at that O'Connell is because whoever is NOT the starter is going to be traded, in fact WANTS to be traded.

    That's what I'm getting out of this...BQ or DA (pretty sure its DA) is getting traded sometime soon.

  • DA just is not cagey... Quinn is slight of hand on play action, mobile, quick to see check downs,

    you can run a versatile, aggressive attack with him. You can't with DA, he has limitations that preclude that.

    Quinn will start. Da gets traded if either does.

  • I know it's all about winning, not about what the fans want, blah blah blah, BUT

    It would be a nice PR move to name the starter today prior to the long weekend, instead of Monday night or Tuesday as I really don't think the Vikings will be severely impaired by Mangini holding out until early next week.

    You're trying to sell tickets to the home games, if its going to be Quinn, just name the current fan favorite and run with it.

    2 cents.

  • No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.

  • DA was noticably absent from the sidelines last night after a siting in pre-game. Saw all the other QB's several times... DA, not once.

  • "According to Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, neither of the two primary candidates for the job played in Thursday night's loss to the Bears."

    Wait, so neither Quinn or Anderson were out there? How did I miss that? Good job Grossi is a razor sharp as he is, otherwise I would have completely missed it...

  • I still think Denver would rather have DA than Orton, if Quinn will indeed be the starter.

    And if DA is the starter, then I'm almost positive they'd rather have Quinn than Orton.