QB Answer Coming Soon
-
Zombo said:
I don't see the Browns trading DA to a team where he would back up instead of keeping him here to back up. The only possible trade I see is a scenario where Mangini is in love with DA's arm and trades Quinn to Denver for a first rounder. Quinn could step in and start right away in Denver's system and it would relieve the PR nightmare they have out there now.But I don't think Mangini makes that decision unless he is confident that DA is the guy he would rather have starting, and I wouldn't think that would be the case, but you never know.
Anyway ... If it does go down, I hope Shep has a family member ready with the vid camera ... because we could make a freaking mint with a video of bats flying out of his ass.
Zombo
The only scenario I see BQ being dealt is if Mangini, after this competition, doesn't feel either one will be his future QB. In that case I can see him dealing the one that has the best value and riding out the season with the other one and then drafting his guy next year.
-
Lucky for me, I've long since stopped drinking any coffee, root beer or water when I'm reading the Browns Board.
Learned my lesson a long while ago. It just isn't safe.....like after HiwayGal just says stuff, or Flugs, or whoever....
-
@hiwaygal said:
HA! I called that too!!Here's my thoughts...the 'internal' reason for looking at that O'Connell is because whoever is NOT the starter is going to be traded, in fact WANTS to be traded.
That's what I'm getting out of this...BQ or DA (pretty sure its DA) is getting traded sometime soon.
-
DA just is not cagey... Quinn is slight of hand on play action, mobile, quick to see check downs,
you can run a versatile, aggressive attack with him. You can't with DA, he has limitations that preclude that.
Quinn will start. Da gets traded if either does.
-
I know it's all about winning, not about what the fans want, blah blah blah, BUT
It would be a nice PR move to name the starter today prior to the long weekend, instead of Monday night or Tuesday as I really don't think the Vikings will be severely impaired by Mangini holding out until early next week.
You're trying to sell tickets to the home games, if its going to be Quinn, just name the current fan favorite and run with it.
2 cents.
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
-
"According to Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, neither of the two primary candidates for the job played in Thursday night's loss to the Bears."
Wait, so neither Quinn or Anderson were out there? How did I miss that? Good job Grossi is a razor sharp as he is, otherwise I would have completely missed it...
-
I still think Denver would rather have DA than Orton, if Quinn will indeed be the starter.
And if DA is the starter, then I'm almost positive they'd rather have Quinn than Orton.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
I just noticed that as well...but do you think that BB will deal with Kok and Mangini? I am not all that sure he could bring himself to make a deal with them.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
@shepwrite said:
I'm thinking A.J. Feeley goes to New England.That's the rumor floating and Kolb has played well enough for Philly to make that move. They aren't going to keep 4 QBs.
-
@shepwrite said:
Adkins is insinuating that the Browns are listening and there has been some chitter-chatter about a trade already. It's in the air.There's little doubt that both SF and Denver would prefer Quinn for the kind of offense they both run. While I really, REALLY don't think the Browns would trade him, there is some speculation that Mangini believes he can win with either guy.
I'm starting to think Anderson might actually be moved very, very soon.
Something is going to happen, that's for sure. I hope they trade DA. Someone above noted he wasn't on the sidelines last night, so if that is true it could be a telling sign. That O'Connell thing was not a fluke. Whether or not they want to admit it or not, they are looking for another backup/project OB. I think Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel fit that bill and the skins are releasing one of them. I would take either as a QB#3.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
One problem...DA just posted his best ever completion % of his career (over this preseason)....57.7%!!! That's right, his BEST EVER!!! And it still isn't even 60%...which is kind of the Mendoza line for QBing.
So, the chances of him being GREAT aren't all that high. Just sayin....
-
If there's one thing we've learned as Browns fans, it's don't be surprised by anything that happens.
Trains of thought....
You could keep both guys and know you have a decent backup should your starter get whacked.
Trade one now because it's your last chance to get any value out of whoever you're not starting.
Who cares what either one does because it's a free year for Mangini and neither one will be his starter next year.
I believe Mangini had his starter all along and my guess is it's Quinn. He's playing cat and mouse with the league. Whether or not something happens will be determined by what someone will cough up for either guy. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both here week one with DA on the bench. Roll the dice and see if someone loses a starter early. Trade value may increase then.
Either way, I think we'll have a qb controversy next year too. Difference is it will be either DA or BQ vs. someone else, not DA vs. BQ
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
