QB Answer Coming Soon
-
I know it's all about winning, not about what the fans want, blah blah blah, BUT
It would be a nice PR move to name the starter today prior to the long weekend, instead of Monday night or Tuesday as I really don't think the Vikings will be severely impaired by Mangini holding out until early next week.
You're trying to sell tickets to the home games, if its going to be Quinn, just name the current fan favorite and run with it.
2 cents.
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
-
"According to Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, neither of the two primary candidates for the job played in Thursday night's loss to the Bears."
Wait, so neither Quinn or Anderson were out there? How did I miss that? Good job Grossi is a razor sharp as he is, otherwise I would have completely missed it...
-
I still think Denver would rather have DA than Orton, if Quinn will indeed be the starter.
And if DA is the starter, then I'm almost positive they'd rather have Quinn than Orton.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
I just noticed that as well...but do you think that BB will deal with Kok and Mangini? I am not all that sure he could bring himself to make a deal with them.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
@shepwrite said:
I'm thinking A.J. Feeley goes to New England.That's the rumor floating and Kolb has played well enough for Philly to make that move. They aren't going to keep 4 QBs.
-
@shepwrite said:
Adkins is insinuating that the Browns are listening and there has been some chitter-chatter about a trade already. It's in the air.There's little doubt that both SF and Denver would prefer Quinn for the kind of offense they both run. While I really, REALLY don't think the Browns would trade him, there is some speculation that Mangini believes he can win with either guy.
I'm starting to think Anderson might actually be moved very, very soon.
Something is going to happen, that's for sure. I hope they trade DA. Someone above noted he wasn't on the sidelines last night, so if that is true it could be a telling sign. That O'Connell thing was not a fluke. Whether or not they want to admit it or not, they are looking for another backup/project OB. I think Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel fit that bill and the skins are releasing one of them. I would take either as a QB#3.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
One problem...DA just posted his best ever completion % of his career (over this preseason)....57.7%!!! That's right, his BEST EVER!!! And it still isn't even 60%...which is kind of the Mendoza line for QBing.
So, the chances of him being GREAT aren't all that high. Just sayin....
-
If there's one thing we've learned as Browns fans, it's don't be surprised by anything that happens.
Trains of thought....
You could keep both guys and know you have a decent backup should your starter get whacked.
Trade one now because it's your last chance to get any value out of whoever you're not starting.
Who cares what either one does because it's a free year for Mangini and neither one will be his starter next year.
I believe Mangini had his starter all along and my guess is it's Quinn. He's playing cat and mouse with the league. Whether or not something happens will be determined by what someone will cough up for either guy. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both here week one with DA on the bench. Roll the dice and see if someone loses a starter early. Trade value may increase then.
Either way, I think we'll have a qb controversy next year too. Difference is it will be either DA or BQ vs. someone else, not DA vs. BQ
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
First, I'm not a Quinn lover but I see him as the lesser of 2 evils at this point and more consistent than DA, I would like to see what he could do over the course of a few games at least.
Second, maybe we can trade you for a real fan to be named later.
-
Both QB's were there.

I know that DA has an arm, but how can BQ not with guns like those. One arm is twice the size of DA's. Sure I know that technique, form, etc., all play a part in throwing the long ball, but BQ shouldn't have a problem...
And for the record, let the best man win. Best man for the Job is what I want, and deep down I think that is what we all want. I winning team regardless of who's behind center.
-
Both QB's were there.

I know that DA has an arm, but how can BQ not with guns like those. One arm is twice the size of DA's. Sure I know that technique, form, etc., all play a part in throwing the long ball, but BQ shouldn't have a problem...
And for the record, let the best man win. Best man for the Job is what I want, and deep down I think that is what we all want. I winning team regardless of who's behind center.
I know that DA has an arm, but how can BQ not with guns like those.
try not to climax on your computer.
-
da to the pats makes some sense,,tom brady has been injury prone lately ,,and da has a lot more game experience than what they have,,they the pats are knocking on the superbowl door with the team they currently have,, its no time for a complete no-name for back-up qb ,,espn did rate da at no.7 ...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login