QB Answer Coming Soon
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
@shepwrite said:
I'm thinking A.J. Feeley goes to New England.That's the rumor floating and Kolb has played well enough for Philly to make that move. They aren't going to keep 4 QBs.
-
@shepwrite said:
Adkins is insinuating that the Browns are listening and there has been some chitter-chatter about a trade already. It's in the air.There's little doubt that both SF and Denver would prefer Quinn for the kind of offense they both run. While I really, REALLY don't think the Browns would trade him, there is some speculation that Mangini believes he can win with either guy.
I'm starting to think Anderson might actually be moved very, very soon.
Something is going to happen, that's for sure. I hope they trade DA. Someone above noted he wasn't on the sidelines last night, so if that is true it could be a telling sign. That O'Connell thing was not a fluke. Whether or not they want to admit it or not, they are looking for another backup/project OB. I think Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel fit that bill and the skins are releasing one of them. I would take either as a QB#3.
-
the Pats just cut their backup QB, Andrew Walter.
There are only 2 QBs on New England's roster. Tom Brady and Brian Hoyer.
somebody's going to NE.
-
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
One problem...DA just posted his best ever completion % of his career (over this preseason)....57.7%!!! That's right, his BEST EVER!!! And it still isn't even 60%...which is kind of the Mendoza line for QBing.
So, the chances of him being GREAT aren't all that high. Just sayin....
-
If there's one thing we've learned as Browns fans, it's don't be surprised by anything that happens.
Trains of thought....
You could keep both guys and know you have a decent backup should your starter get whacked.
Trade one now because it's your last chance to get any value out of whoever you're not starting.
Who cares what either one does because it's a free year for Mangini and neither one will be his starter next year.
I believe Mangini had his starter all along and my guess is it's Quinn. He's playing cat and mouse with the league. Whether or not something happens will be determined by what someone will cough up for either guy. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both here week one with DA on the bench. Roll the dice and see if someone loses a starter early. Trade value may increase then.
Either way, I think we'll have a qb controversy next year too. Difference is it will be either DA or BQ vs. someone else, not DA vs. BQ
-
No way in Hell BQ gets traded because if that happens and DA still proves maddingly inconsistent and BQ has a great year the fans will be calling for Mangini's head. The boos, insults and hatred for him will rise to almost Modell levels. He may be the mystery man about everything but he isn't that stupid.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
and what if they trade your boyfriend and he sucks and DA does great?There's two sides to every coin.
First, I'm not a Quinn lover but I see him as the lesser of 2 evils at this point and more consistent than DA, I would like to see what he could do over the course of a few games at least.
Second, maybe we can trade you for a real fan to be named later.
-
Both QB's were there.

I know that DA has an arm, but how can BQ not with guns like those. One arm is twice the size of DA's. Sure I know that technique, form, etc., all play a part in throwing the long ball, but BQ shouldn't have a problem...
And for the record, let the best man win. Best man for the Job is what I want, and deep down I think that is what we all want. I winning team regardless of who's behind center.
-
Both QB's were there.

I know that DA has an arm, but how can BQ not with guns like those. One arm is twice the size of DA's. Sure I know that technique, form, etc., all play a part in throwing the long ball, but BQ shouldn't have a problem...
And for the record, let the best man win. Best man for the Job is what I want, and deep down I think that is what we all want. I winning team regardless of who's behind center.
I know that DA has an arm, but how can BQ not with guns like those.
try not to climax on your computer.
-
da to the pats makes some sense,,tom brady has been injury prone lately ,,and da has a lot more game experience than what they have,,they the pats are knocking on the superbowl door with the team they currently have,, its no time for a complete no-name for back-up qb ,,espn did rate da at no.7 ...
-
I wish Mangini would go ahead and end the drama. It's going to be a short leash anyhow as long as both QB's are on the roster. The only reason to keep both DA and BQ would be for injury sake. As far as everybody and all the experts thinking it's BQ, let me ask you guys this...How many experts thought Brady Quinn would go in the top 5 of the draft? Just about everybody. I wouldnt put too much stock in rumors.
I like BQ better than DA simply because I haven't seen him play. I I think BQ is a team player and a hard worker and wants to win. But I don't know if he is truly any better than DA. I would like to know before we trade him. I think that is why we keep Brady.
DA on the other hand makes some bonehead plays, is a natural Gunslinger, and can put up points in a flash. He is also a young guy with the potential to be a quality starter in the league. Our play calling and Wide receiver play didn't exactly help him last year. I can see our defense giving up a bunch of points this year. We are going to need to score a lot of points to keep up. It almost seems like DA gives us the best chance this year.
With the cost of contracts and all the internal politics going on, you just never know. I mean, Ratliff looks like hell, but if Mangini cuts him, he looks foolish on draft day. Did anybody see potential in Ratliff? I just want Mangini too make the best decisions for the team. He says that is what he will do. Let's see if he actually will.
-
I know that DA has an arm, but how can BQ not with guns like those.
try not to climax on your computer.
try not to climax on your computer.
Funny.. Figured that would garner some type of BQ lover boy response... Anyways, I for one don't care who wins... In fact, I root for the underdog. If DA wins the Job, then there is the satisfaction that he proved to be the better player. If BQ wins, there there is the possibility that we finally once again, have that franchise QB, or the so called, "Face of the team". And not that DA can't be the Franchise player as well. I just want the best man for the team.
-
DA to NE is laughable. You think Bill tolerates mental mistakes and turnovers? And he isn't giving up much for either QB. He is the last trading partner you want in all of this.
We need to keep both. No reason to trade either unless we get a offered something big. DA is worth more than you might think and we shouldn't low ball for him. Plus the QB market for backups is going to be saturated after cuts so why wouldn't a team just wait?
We're not moving one without someone breaking the bank. And because of the plethora of backups getting cut we won't get that bank.
-
As much as I disagree with lums, he makes me laugh, he is one witty fellow....
Maybe DA can borrow some of that wit and use it on the field.
This will all be solved on Tuesday when Quinn is shown to be the starter in practice....
-
I wish Mangini would go ahead and end the drama. It's going to be a short leash anyhow as long as both QB's are on the roster. The only reason to keep both DA and BQ would be for injury sake. As far as everybody and all the experts thinking it's BQ, let me ask you guys this...How many experts thought Brady Quinn would go in the top 5 of the draft? Just about everybody. I wouldnt put too much stock in rumors.
I like BQ better than DA simply because I haven't seen him play. I I think BQ is a team player and a hard worker and wants to win. But I don't know if he is truly any better than DA. I would like to know before we trade him. I think that is why we keep Brady.
DA on the other hand makes some bonehead plays, is a natural Gunslinger, and can put up points in a flash. He is also a young guy with the potential to be a quality starter in the league. Our play calling and Wide receiver play didn't exactly help him last year. I can see our defense giving up a bunch of points this year. We are going to need to score a lot of points to keep up. It almost seems like DA gives us the best chance this year.
With the cost of contracts and all the internal politics going on, you just never know. I mean, Ratliff looks like hell, but if Mangini cuts him, he looks foolish on draft day. Did anybody see potential in Ratliff? I just want Mangini too make the best decisions for the team. He says that is what he will do. Let's see if he actually will.
I like BQ better than DA simply because I haven't seen him play. I I think BQ is a team player and a hard worker and wants to win. But I don't know if he is truly any better than DA. I would like to know before we trade him. I think that is why we keep Brady.
That's judging the book by it's cover. It's like not picking the fat kid in elementary school, only to find out the fat kid is quicker, hits harder, and is smarter player than the pretty kids you picked up first.
IMO, both guys performed well. It's a tough decision. Our starter could very well be determined by what we get in trade value. Which player brings the most value to the trading table.
-
DA did not play well outside 1 drive against the Lions. Other drives stalled out against vanilla D's before we got into scoring range thanks to some poor play by DA. I don't consider that good.
There is no "tough choice". The "touch choice" was made long ago. This preseason just reinforced that choice. Amazing some people just don't get it.
-
DA to NE is laughable. You think Bill tolerates mental mistakes and turnovers? And he isn't giving up much for either QB. He is the last trading partner you want in all of this.
We need to keep both. No reason to trade either unless we get a offered something big. DA is worth more than you might think and we shouldn't low ball for him. Plus the QB market for backups is going to be saturated after cuts so why wouldn't a team just wait?
We're not moving one without someone breaking the bank. And because of the plethora of backups getting cut we won't get that bank.
DA to NE is laughable. You think Bill tolerates mental mistakes and turnovers? And he isn't giving up much for either QB. He is the last trading partner you want in all of this.
We need to keep both. No reason to trade either unless we get a offered something big. DA is worth more than you might think and we shouldn't low ball for him. Plus the QB market for backups is going to be saturated after cuts so why wouldn't a team just wait?
We're not moving one without someone breaking the bank. And because of the plethora of backups getting cut we won't get that bank.
i think i remember big bill choosing vinny t, at one time if i'am not mistaken..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login