Skip to content

Cleveland Browns say they 'welcomed' NFL inquiry into tanking claims made by former coach Hue Jackson

Locked The Browns Board
25 13 901 1
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  
     

    Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

  • I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  
     

    Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  
     

    Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

    The man clearly has mental issues... Baker sadly seems headed down this road...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #6

    The Browns obviously were tanking.

    But I have a hard time believing they'd be dumb enough to document it. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Dear diary,

    Today I paid Hue $100,000 cash to really tank this week's game.  Good job Hue, see you next week.    Signed $#%& £€¥₩€££ ¿   😕

  • The Browns obviously were tanking.

    But I have a hard time believing they'd be dumb enough to document it. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns obviously were tanking.

    But I have a hard time believing they'd be dumb enough to document it. 

    in a way they did by keeping huey as coach lmao

  • I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  
     

    Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  
     

    Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

    Report: Hue Jackson has Landed a new Head Coaching job

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-hue-jackson-has-landed-a-new-head-coaching-job

    Former Browns’ head coach has landed a new job, this time in the college game.
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I hate listening to Charlie Weiss on NFL radio but he destroyed Huey this morning.  Said “why two years later” isn’t it actually 3/4 years later?  And Weiss said he had book deals offered to him for dirt on Belichick, Parcells and Notre Dame and passed them all up.  
     

    Does Hue still have a job?  If he’s employed I think I’d like let him go so he can focus on all this past negative energy. 

    Report: Hue Jackson has Landed a new Head Coaching job

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-hue-jackson-has-landed-a-new-head-coaching-job

    Former Browns’ head coach has landed a new job, this time in the college game.
    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #10

    @vambo said:

    Report: Hue Jackson has Landed a new Head Coaching job

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-hue-jackson-has-landed-a-new-head-coaching-job

    Former Browns’ head coach has landed a new job, this time in the college game.

    sucks for grambling state

    but then again this is old news

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #11
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #12

    I am amazed that a younger Huey scored a 8-8 record one year for the Raiders. 

    Hue Jackson is proof that an organization can overcome poor coaching and leadership at the HC spot and still be mildly successful.

    I don’t know why this man upsets me so much but I am so tired of these stories.  I guess it is the overly self assured types that have no effing clue what they are doing 

  • I am amazed that a younger Huey scored a 8-8 record one year for the Raiders. 

    Hue Jackson is proof that an organization can overcome poor coaching and leadership at the HC spot and still be mildly successful.

    I don’t know why this man upsets me so much but I am so tired of these stories.  I guess it is the overly self assured types that have no effing clue what they are doing 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I am amazed that a younger Huey scored a 8-8 record one year for the Raiders. 

    Hue Jackson is proof that an organization can overcome poor coaching and leadership at the HC spot and still be mildly successful.

    I don’t know why this man upsets me so much but I am so tired of these stories.  I guess it is the overly self assured types that have no effing clue what they are doing 

    I could see Hue and Baker doing the "Cry Babies" podcast tour together...

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I am amazed that a younger Huey scored a 8-8 record one year for the Raiders. 

    Hue Jackson is proof that an organization can overcome poor coaching and leadership at the HC spot and still be mildly successful.

    I don’t know why this man upsets me so much but I am so tired of these stories.  I guess it is the overly self assured types that have no effing clue what they are doing 

    I could see Hue and Baker doing the "Cry Babies" podcast tour together...

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nickers said:

    I could see Hue and Baker doing the "Cry Babies" podcast tour together...

    Both are outstanding case studies of foot in mouth syndrome.

    How does a NFL HC - lousy or not go from a NFL HC gig to Grambling?  Mike Reilly was lousy in the NFL he still became a HC at two respected D1 programs for over a decade. 
     

    And Baker former #1 pick with some good and some bad tape…he’s just four years removed from being the top pick in the draft now teams are thinking about Drew Lock and Geno Smith and running it back with Darnold and others thinking Mariota is a better option.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

  • Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

    same old bull ? story... the league just got around to announcing that they are assigning the case to nfl official Mary Jo Wright... 

  • Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

    L laiccm wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

    Exactly. Hue didn't say anything....bunch of these dudes are just triggered by his mere name being mentioned. Truth is.....of course the Browns were tanking but that's not unusual. The unusual is the announcement by the league because from a legal standpoint...the Browns did something that was too obvious to be ignored

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #18

    The best thing Hue ever did was jump on lake Erie

    The high picks were nice too

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

    Exactly. Hue didn't say anything....bunch of these dudes are just triggered by his mere name being mentioned. Truth is.....of course the Browns were tanking but that's not unusual. The unusual is the announcement by the league because from a legal standpoint...the Browns did something that was too obvious to be ignored

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #19

    @laiccm said:

    Exactly. Hue didn't say anything....bunch of these dudes are just triggered by his mere name being mentioned. Truth is.....of course the Browns were tanking but that's not unusual. The unusual is the announcement by the league because from a legal standpoint...the Browns did something that was too obvious to be ignored

    Triggered. Hardly.  It takes a bigger man I guess to tell folks you weren’t good 

    He STARTED this whole thing. 
     

    What did the Browns do that was highly unusual?  Start a young QB? Stockpile draft picks? Drop passes Week 17?  Miss kicks? Block FGs? 
     

    The coaching/leadership dysfunction was on full display when “Hard Knocks” came into the building.   I’m surprised he didn’t come out an attack HBO for putting him in a negative light.  

  • Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Hue is an idiot, but I don't (and correct me if I'm wrong) think he's starting this talk up again. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @dutch-oven said:

    Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

    I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

    I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @orion said:

    Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

    I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

    I am too.... His mouth is like a water valve that was left open.... Jesus....

  • @orion said:

    Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

    I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

    I am too.... His mouth is like a water valve that was left open.... Jesus....

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #22

    @nickers said:

    His mouth is like a water valve that was left open

    ...I think more like, on a timer....every so often it turns on.

    Yes Hue!  The Front Office was tanking.  So were you.  But they were doing it on purpose!  - Mr. Bubble Screen on first and goal from the 1 in OT against the Steelers.

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by jbluhm86
    #23

    Clueless Jackson went 3-36-1 when he was the Browns HC. My question is, if they were doing a tank job, then how did Greg Williams go 5-3 in the last half of the year with the same players that Hue had?

    And, if he was such a good coach that was being told to tank by the Browns, then why didn't any other NFL team offer him a HC job after the Browns let him go? Why is he not in the NFL anymore and is instead coaching the University of Phoenix Online team or some other fuckin' Division 2 team?