Agree? Or Not
-
I agree whole heartedly..
From 1440 news.
Disney District Ditched
Florida lawmakers approved yesterday a bill that would dissolve a special tax district, which allows The Walt Disney Co. to effectively govern the land hosting its theme parks outside Orlando. The move came after the company publicly criticized a recently passed bill limiting instruction of sexual orientation and gender identity in kindergarten through third grade, among other provisions (see overview).
The Reedy Creek Improvement District, established in 1967, allows Disney to have near full control over its land use, regulations, codes, and more, while the company operates municipal services within the district. Its dissolution would likely shift the district's debts and obligations to neighboring Orange and Osceola counties. Disney employs roughly 80,000 workers in the state, with tourism to its parks generating an estimated $5.8B annually.
The legislation now heads to Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) for signature. The law would take effect—and the district dissolved—June 1 of next year.
-
Get woke go Broke.
Florida will survive despite all the tilted stories of how they’ll collapse.
Disney name is shit after all this.
-
I agree with it. Should never give any private company that much power.
-
I agree. And I'm truly sorry it had to happen. I'm sorry that Disney had decided not represent American Family Values anymore. Honestly I support anybody who dares to be a little bit flexible but to go full woke? Sorry.
WSS
-
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
-
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Wait
I don't see any sanctioning.
I don't see any faltering on the big government side either? Now they get to play by the same rules as everyone else. I know you don't like that...
WSS
-
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Wait
I don't see any sanctioning.
I don't see any faltering on the big government side either? Now they get to play by the same rules as everyone else. I know you don't like that...
WSS
Wait
I don't see any sanctioning.
I don't see any faltering on the big government side either? Now they get to play by the same rules as everyone else. I know you don't like that...
WSS
Oh, I'm fine with people/companies playing by the same rules
But to get there because some conservatives were triggered by the existence of LGBTQ individuals... Leading to essentially more sanctions for a company from the government... Is pretty damn ironic
I'm not going to worry about going back and forth in here. Just pointing out the irony
Nothing new though. Limited govt and free speech protections only work for the things the right likes, otherwise, that's out the door. Shallow ideologies...
-
Wait
I don't see any sanctioning.
I don't see any faltering on the big government side either? Now they get to play by the same rules as everyone else. I know you don't like that...
WSS
Oh, I'm fine with people/companies playing by the same rules
But to get there because some conservatives were triggered by the existence of LGBTQ individuals... Leading to essentially more sanctions for a company from the government... Is pretty damn ironic
I'm not going to worry about going back and forth in here. Just pointing out the irony
Nothing new though. Limited govt and free speech protections only work for the things the right likes, otherwise, that's out the door. Shallow ideologies...
Oh, I'm fine with people/companies playing by the same rules
But to get there because some conservatives were triggered by the existence of LGBTQ individuals... Leading to essentially more sanctions for a company from the government... Is pretty damn ironic
I'm not going to worry about going back and forth in here. Just pointing out the irony
Nothing new though. Limited govt and free speech protections only work for the things the right likes, otherwise, that's out the door. Shallow ideologies...
No I doubt you'd feel the same way if they espoused the teachings of Jesus, or being not supportive of abortion or sex before marriage...
(I'm just kidding.)
WSS
-
Wait
I don't see any sanctioning.
I don't see any faltering on the big government side either? Now they get to play by the same rules as everyone else. I know you don't like that...
WSS
Oh, I'm fine with people/companies playing by the same rules
But to get there because some conservatives were triggered by the existence of LGBTQ individuals... Leading to essentially more sanctions for a company from the government... Is pretty damn ironic
I'm not going to worry about going back and forth in here. Just pointing out the irony
Nothing new though. Limited govt and free speech protections only work for the things the right likes, otherwise, that's out the door. Shallow ideologies...
Oh, I'm fine with people/companies playing by the same rules
But to get there because some conservatives were triggered by the existence of LGBTQ individuals... Leading to essentially more sanctions for a company from the government... Is pretty damn ironic
I'm not going to worry about going back and forth in here. Just pointing out the irony
Nothing new though. Limited govt and free speech protections only work for the things the right likes, otherwise, that's out the door. Shallow ideologies...
Published April 22, 2022 3:46pm EDTDeSantis signs bill stripping Disney of self governing status
Disney held the self governing status for more than 50 years
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-signs-bill-stripping-disney-self-governing-status
-
Wait
I don't see any sanctioning.
I don't see any faltering on the big government side either? Now they get to play by the same rules as everyone else. I know you don't like that...
WSS
Oh, I'm fine with people/companies playing by the same rules
But to get there because some conservatives were triggered by the existence of LGBTQ individuals... Leading to essentially more sanctions for a company from the government... Is pretty damn ironic
I'm not going to worry about going back and forth in here. Just pointing out the irony
Nothing new though. Limited govt and free speech protections only work for the things the right likes, otherwise, that's out the door. Shallow ideologies...
Nothing new though. Limited govt and free speech protections only work for the things the right likes, otherwise, that's out the door. Shallow ideologies...
Limited government and free speech protections not for the things that the right likes, but for things that apply. It's been like that forever.
A function of government is to collect taxes.
-
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Fug you.
-
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
-
Of course the innate hatred of fox will keep the Liberals from watching this (and normally I wouldn't post a Fox clip for that reason) but this is exactly the case.
WSS
-
Conservatives sure love their regulations and big government...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Conservatives sure love sanctioning the free speech of companies...
Wait
Are you referring to Twitter? ??
-
How can sissies on the left be uppity about anything when they can't figure out "gender".
it isn't that tough, lefties.
It's SCIENCE.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


