2022 NFL Draft: Day 1
-
So far I think the Jets have won the draft...
I still don't get the boneheaded texans GM thinking.... CB Stingley > CB Sauce Gardner at pick 3...
I don't think the Jets gm Douglas would have taken Stingley at pick 4? G.Wilson fell in their lap...
loved the move from RD2, to trading up to pick 26 to get JJ.. they got some breaks/ than bold in day1
-
So far I think the Jets have won the draft...
I still don't get the boneheaded texans GM thinking.... CB Stingley > CB Sauce Gardner at pick 3...
I don't think the Jets gm Douglas would have taken Stingley at pick 4? G.Wilson fell in their lap...
loved the move from RD2, to trading up to pick 26 to get JJ.. they got some breaks/ than bold in day1
I still don't get the boneheaded texans GM thinking.... CB Stingley > CB Sauce Gardner at pick 3...
I don't think the Jets gm Douglas would have taken Stingley at pick 4?
Totally agree. Texans screwed the pooch. They should have learned from the Browns' experiences with picking talented LSU DBs who are off the field as much as they are on it due to injuries.
-
The Jets had an A and two A+ 's in the draft last night according to that link provided by Unsymp. I'd say they are already the biggest winners this year regardless of how they do from here on out. The more they picked and how they did it was just a gem of a draft day to watch for them. Made the "Draft Day" movie look bad in comparison.?
Remains to be seen if they can further develop and properly deploy their talent.
-
I still don't get the boneheaded texans GM thinking.... CB Stingley > CB Sauce Gardner at pick 3...
I don't think the Jets gm Douglas would have taken Stingley at pick 4?
Totally agree. Texans screwed the pooch. They should have learned from the Browns' experiences with picking talented LSU DBs who are off the field as much as they are on it due to injuries.
Totally agree. Texans screwed the pooch. They should have learned from the Browns' experiences with picking talented LSU DBs who are off the field as much as they are on it due to injuries.
I mean both could turn into another a Justin Gilbert head case at any point... but take the stud, that can't remember his last TD given up (proven stats) & plays every snap like his last snap..
I maybe birthday hungover as hell this morning?? but damm glad I'm not waking up as a texans fan with it!

-
On the non-Browns divisional front:
I love that the Steelers drafted Kenny Pickett. Many had him as a third round talent, doesn't have a big arm, I think he's ends up a huge bust. I figured the Steelers were going Malik Willis.
Ravens traded away Hollywood Brown for a first rounder. I get Hollywood isn't a top 10 WR, but he's definitely solid. He went for 91/1,008/6 with Lamar missing 5 games. Not sure who they are going to throw to - Rashard Bateman as their #1 WR? Mark Andrews is a stud TE but they have nothing at WR unless I'm missing something.
-
So far I think the Jets have won the draft...
I still don't get the boneheaded texans GM thinking.... CB Stingley > CB Sauce Gardner at pick 3...
I don't think the Jets gm Douglas would have taken Stingley at pick 4? G.Wilson fell in their lap...
loved the move from RD2, to trading up to pick 26 to get JJ.. they got some breaks/ than bold in day1
I still don't get the boneheaded texans GM thinking.... CB Stingley > CB Sauce Gardner
Stingley had recoverable injuries the last couple years and was #1CB in all of CFB the year he had none.. Sauce is slightly bigger, Stingley is a more fluid athlete.. As always, the difference is in the details of their technique.
Highlights of a paywalled TheAthletic article
*Stingley's press technique is much more advanced& will lead to less penalties in the NFL than Gardner's handsy-ness
*Stingley's hands are far better than Gardner's.
Texans GM is still boneheaded of course. But likely not with this pick in a vacuum..
However, Kenyon Green.. was nowhere near as good of a pick. Fine with it - if a C- is fine. Green is not a first-rounder to me due to athleticism concerns. Another reason Texans GM doesn't know what he was doing: if he wanted OL/CB out of this draft class, go OT at #3 and CB at 17.
-
Turns out Brown requested a trade from Ravens at end of last season - his trade was in the works for a while. Sensible location bc Murray was Brown's college QB.
Turns out Brown requested a trade from Ravens at end of last season - his trade was in the works for a while. Sensible location bc Murray was Brown's college QB.
im sure lamar is not very happy about the trade
-
-
Whiskey Tango Xray ?
-
I would be pissed if I was Aaron Rodgers. Yes the defense is now crazy [they just took DT Wyatt] but is Rodgers going to throw to drones carrying his MVP trophies?
I would be pissed if I was Aaron Rodgers. Yes the defense is now crazy [they just took DT Wyatt] but is Rodgers going to throw to drones carrying his MVP trophies?
Well, considering six WRs went off the board before the Packers were on the clock, including Alabama's Williams who's rehabbing his ACL, who some thought might fall into the second round.
It was a value pick, pure and simple. They probably had Walker as significantly better than doing a reach on a WR that they had as a third round talent.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login