2022 NFL Draft: Day 2
-
Two things.
- The Baker to CAR rumors were squashed last night when they took Matt Corral.
- Whoever propagated and believed the "ThE StEeLeRs WiLl PiCk Up BaKeR iF hE's CuT" .... you're retarded. That is a coaching staff that has actively talked shit on his abilities as a QB both on and off the field. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but if I had, I'm just reminding you and Kenny Pickett was the proof.
-
Two things.
- The Baker to CAR rumors were squashed last night when they took Matt Corral.
- Whoever propagated and believed the "ThE StEeLeRs WiLl PiCk Up BaKeR iF hE's CuT" .... you're retarded. That is a coaching staff that has actively talked shit on his abilities as a QB both on and off the field. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but if I had, I'm just reminding you and Kenny Pickett was the proof.
Two things.
- The Baker to CAR rumors were squashed last night when they took Matt Corral.
- Whoever propagated and believed the "ThE StEeLeRs WiLl PiCk Up BaKeR iF hE's CuT" .... you're retarded. That is a coaching staff that has actively talked shit on his abilities as a QB both on and off the field. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but if I had, I'm just reminding you and Kenny Pickett was the proof.
Actually Mitch Trubisky's 2 year contract was the proof. They already took a 1st round QB that didn't get a 2nd contract with his 1st team. I think Pickett is an ideal pick for a team needing a new QB at slot #20 overall. Unless, of course, we listen to the same people that tried to say Joe Burrow's hands were too tiny to succeed.
Tell you what though, if Carolina was offering to pay SOME of Baker's salary to make a trade with the Browns while other teams will just wait until after the Browns eat it. Then they sign him at humbled prices - shame on the FO.
I'm gonna hold off on celebrating Watson's arrival until I know how long Roger Godcomplex let's us know the length of Watson's suspension. Watching this team blow off round 2 for more picks that where the biggest hope is depth only - in lieu of adding Travis Jones has me worried how much people are overrating areas of this defense.
We've spent so much draft and FA attention the last 2-3 years on Corners and Safeties that we're willing to forfeit stopping the run between the tackles. Then we drafted a DE that the majority of this league views as Undrafted FA only.
Going into round 4, it looks like we only added WR David Bell to get excited about. Who's gonna start at Center and RT? Who's gonna start at both DT spots and LDE? Who's gonna kick FGs and punt?
I'm hoping today changes my outlook...
-
Re: David Bell
Body control and smooth footwork. Need to work on being a bit stronger up top, but he wins contested balls a lot and his ability to adjust to throws looks big time.
4.7% drop rate. Can't stress enough how damn nice it is to see this staff value hands.
-
The Nick Cross thing still bothers me. This team really could have used two safeties with matching skill sets on the backend (Cross & Johnny J) Watching Emerson now, and I see the talent. I just also don't see the need for THAT high + immediate fit. If you wanted a tall corner, you had one on roster that has shown promise - AJ Green.
No thoughts on Wright of yet, I'll get around to him and all the picks at some point.
The Nick Cross thing still bothers me. This team really could have used two safeties with matching skill sets on the backend (Cross & Johnny J) Watching Emerson now, and I see the talent. I just also don't see the need for THAT high + immediate fit. If you wanted a tall corner, you had one on roster that has shown promise - AJ Green.
No thoughts on Wright of yet, I'll get around to him and all the picks at some point.
I’m feeling a little better about the pick (Emerson) and The immediate fit will be 2023 when Hill and Greedy are gone. We are going to need a seasoned #3/#4 in 2023…Hopefully he uses 2022 to get acclimated to the NFL game.
-
-
Man! I finally started to compile a list..
1) D. Ojobo EDGE Ravens #45
2) G.Pickens WR Steeler #52
3) T. Jones DT Ravens #76*
4) D. Leal DT Steeler #84*
5) P. Winfrey DT ** Browns #108**
6) Skyy Moore WR KC# 54
7) J. Paschal EDGE Lions #46
8.) D. Jackson EDGE 9'er #61
9.) L. Hall DL TB #33
10.) C.Watson WR GB #34
Mafe (#40 Seahawks) & Mathis (#47 Washington) are to Berry old...
hopes of S N.Cross(Colts #96) & TE Greg Dulcich (#80 Denver) getting to us in the 3rd..
(RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)
The pick is in....CB Martin Emerson Mississippi St. #68
The pick is in... Edge Alex Wright UAB #78
The pick is in... WR David Bell Purdue #99
The pick is in... DT Perrion Winfrey #108
The pick is in... K ? Cade York #124
The pick is in... RB Jerome Ford #156
The pick is in... WR Michael Woods II #202
The pick is in... Edge Isaiah Thomas #223
Final pick is in... C Dawson Deaton #246
NFL pick Tracker https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/1/1/2022
beginning picks? 44/ 78*/ 99*/ 118/ 202*/ 223*/ 246*
-
Man! I finally started to compile a list..
1) D. Ojobo EDGE Ravens #45
2) G.Pickens WR Steeler #52
3) T. Jones DT Ravens #76*
4) D. Leal DT Steeler #84*
5) P. Winfrey DT ** Browns #108**
6) Skyy Moore WR KC# 54
7) J. Paschal EDGE Lions #46
8.) D. Jackson EDGE 9'er #61
9.) L. Hall DL TB #33
10.) C.Watson WR GB #34
Mafe (#40 Seahawks) & Mathis (#47 Washington) are to Berry old...
hopes of S N.Cross(Colts #96) & TE Greg Dulcich (#80 Denver) getting to us in the 3rd..
(RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)
The pick is in....CB Martin Emerson Mississippi St. #68
The pick is in... Edge Alex Wright UAB #78
The pick is in... WR David Bell Purdue #99
The pick is in... DT Perrion Winfrey #108
The pick is in... K ? Cade York #124
The pick is in... RB Jerome Ford #156
The pick is in... WR Michael Woods II #202
The pick is in... Edge Isaiah Thomas #223
Final pick is in... C Dawson Deaton #246
NFL pick Tracker https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks/1/1/2022
beginning picks? 44/ 78*/ 99*/ 118/ 202*/ 223*/ 246*
Man! I finally started to compile a list..
1) D. Ojobo EDGE Ravens #45
2) G.Pickens WR Steeler #52
3) T. Jones DT Ravens #76*
4) D. Leal DT Steeler #84*
5) P. Winfrey DT ** Browns #108**
6) Skyy Moore WR KC# 54
7) J. Paschal EDGE Lions #46
8.) D. Jackson EDGE 9'er #61
9.) L. Hall DL TB #33
10.) C.Watson WR GB #34
Mafe (#40 Seahawks) & Mathis (#47 Washington) are to Berry old...
hopes of S N.Cross(Colts #96) & TE Greg Dulcich (#80 Denver) getting to us in the 3rd..
(RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)
The pick is in....CB Martin Emerson Mississippi St. #68
The pick is in... Edge Alex Wright UAB #78
The pick is in... WR David Bell Purdue #99
The pick is in... DT Perrion Winfrey #108
That Winfrey pick has me feeling better about DT. D Jeremiah said he was the last high rated DT he had. Phew!
-
Browns give up #118 for pick #156 and a 2023 4th round pick from Minnesota
-
The Nick Cross thing still bothers me. This team really could have used two safeties with matching skill sets on the backend (Cross & Johnny J) Watching Emerson now, and I see the talent. I just also don't see the need for THAT high + immediate fit. If you wanted a tall corner, you had one on roster that has shown promise - AJ Green.
No thoughts on Wright of yet, I'll get around to him and all the picks at some point.
I’m feeling a little better about the pick (Emerson) and The immediate fit will be 2023 when Hill and Greedy are gone. We are going to need a seasoned #3/#4 in 2023…Hopefully he uses 2022 to get acclimated to the NFL game.
I’m feeling a little better about the pick (Emerson) and The immediate fit will be 2023 when Hill and Greedy are gone. We are going to need a seasoned #3/#4 in 2023…Hopefully he uses 2022 to get acclimated to the NFL game.
That's depth insurance for 2022 also. Anyone want to put an over\under on how many games our $20 million corner Hospital Ward is going to miss?
-
I’m feeling a little better about the pick (Emerson) and The immediate fit will be 2023 when Hill and Greedy are gone. We are going to need a seasoned #3/#4 in 2023…Hopefully he uses 2022 to get acclimated to the NFL game.
That's depth insurance for 2022 also. Anyone want to put an over\under on how many games our $20 million corner Hospital Ward is going to miss?
-
I’m feeling a little better about the pick (Emerson) and The immediate fit will be 2023 when Hill and Greedy are gone. We are going to need a seasoned #3/#4 in 2023…Hopefully he uses 2022 to get acclimated to the NFL game.
That's depth insurance for 2022 also. Anyone want to put an over\under on how many games our $20 million corner Hospital Ward is going to miss?
-
-
Did someone really share a video of Alex Wright going offsides and endorsing him with "Offsides yes but this shows he's got some bend." Yeah, I haven't seen a bend like that since Reese Witherspoon's "bend and snap" in Legally Blonde.
Unfortunately rolling the dice on this late round prospect in round 3 meant we gift wrapped a DT (Travis Jones) to the Ravens. He could have not only started here; but would have helped strengthen the biggest weak spot in our defense (the interior). Instead, we have wait 2-3 years to see if Wright develops into somebody that can help us. I really hope I'm wrong about that. I'd love to break out the pom poms, cartwheels and back flips for every pick; but we gotta keep it real.
-
? @flugel
All this tweet did was further prove that not every voice on the internet needs to be heard.
Some people will post really dumb shit in an attempt to make a point.
-
? @flugel
All this tweet did was further prove that not every voice on the internet needs to be heard.
Some people will post really dumb shit in an attempt to make a point.
-
-
? @flugel
All this tweet did was further prove that not every voice on the internet needs to be heard.
Some people will post really dumb shit in an attempt to make a point.
-
- Emerson 3rd team with Elam
- York 1st team K
- Alex Wright was apparently a consensus target throughout the FO.. That's who they wanted. He was a WR and a double-double basketball PF in high school who had offers to play college football as a TE.
- Bell couldn't be happier to be a Brown
- When was the last time we were psyched for day 3 picks? It's been a while..
- "Were you worried York wasn't going to be around in the 5th round? Yes.. You've got to have a good K"
- Greedy is on his last year of his rookie deal -- if he has a great year, Emerson will replace him in 2023. Also AJ Green's last year on his rookie deal.
- Oklahoma had Winfrey and the DL running a lot of stunts and rotating every 3 plays with backups -- that's why his and the team's numbers were down in 2021 and why we may have a round4 steal
-
Re: David Bell
Body control and smooth footwork. Need to work on being a bit stronger up top, but he wins contested balls a lot and his ability to adjust to throws looks big time.
4.7% drop rate. Can't stress enough how damn nice it is to see this staff value hands.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login