Skip to content

2022 NFL Draft: Day 2

The Browns Board
198 22 7.6k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Worthy of note - thank you! 

    One guy I forgot was WR Skyy Moore Western Mich,  I actually like him better than a guy I listed (Christian Watson)

    Watson to Watson would be hilarious!

    @nickers said:

    Watson to Watson would be hilarious!

    Better than the Cleveland Classic Phipps to Pitts ?    😕 

    ...... stay tuned and find out tonight on a TV near you. 

    From the 1972 classic 50 years ago, will there be a 2022 Cleveland Classic this year  ?

    Browns 21, Chargers 17, Nov. 13, 1972 at San Diego..... 50 years ago !

    Mike Phipps’ 38-yard touchdown pass to Frank Pitts with 41 seconds left gave the Browns this Monday Night Football triumph.

    Phipps, who had replaced accomplished but bad-kneed Bill Nelsen one game into the season, hit Pitts in stride in the end zone along the right sideline as the Browns notched their fourth of six straight wins.....

    ...... The Browns finished 10-4, one game behind the first-place Steelers in the Central Division, but good enough to earn the AFC’s lone wild card playoff berth. Cleveland lost its playoff game at Miami, 20-14. The Browns led 14-13 in the fourth quarter, but couldn’t hold off the Dolphins, who went on to win the Super Bowl and complete their famed 17-0 overall season record.

  • Man! I finally started to compile a list..

    but note... nobody should know the Clowney deal more than A.Berry...David Ojabo's talent can't be questioned( best DE left on board).. when he can play is..(Bills FA Hughes/others is another play)

    As of what this fan knows? OJabo sits a top such list..  

    1) D. Ojobo EDGE  Ravens #45

    2) G.Pickens  WR  Steeler #52

    3) T. Jones DT

    4) D. Leal DT

    5) P. Winfrey DT

    6) Skyy Moore WR  KC# 54

    7) J. Paschal EDGE  Lions #46

    8.) D. Jackson EDGE

    9.) L. Hall DL TB #33

    10.) C.Watson WR GB #34

    Mafe & Mathis are to Berry old... hopes of S N.Cross & TE Greg Dulcich getting to us in the 3rd..( RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

  • sydS syd

    @flugel said:

    Worthy of note - thank you! 

    One guy I forgot was WR Skyy Moore Western Mich,  I actually like him better than a guy I listed (Christian Watson)

    doesnt watson have a fair amount of drops ?

    @syd said:

    doesnt watson have a fair amount of drops ?

    Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

  • @syd said:

    doesnt watson have a fair amount of drops ?

    Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

    Watson is an enigma to me Flugs. Missed 3 games with a hammy last year and tore knee cartlidge in 2019. Very high ceiling guy who could be a great scheme fit with our running game. He doesn't track the deep ball well, though, kinda like watching Schwartz apparently. I wouldn't be upset if we took him,, but won't cry if we don't or he is already gone.

    "A more likely outcome is that he uses the spring and summer to bulk up to around 215 pounds and emerges as his new team's primary deep threat by the end of next season. While his drop rate is a concern (13.3 percent career, 10.4 in 2021), teams are going to hit by taking insanely athletic players who love the game much more often than they miss."

    "Best Scheme Fit: As a complementary receiver in a run-heavy offense that utilizes a lot of play-action deep shots.

    Best Team Fit(s): Bears, Browns, Commanders, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons, Giants, Lions, Packers, Saints"

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’d probably add… 
    Jackson DE USC (I think the browns like this guy)

     Moore WR WMU

    Worthy of note - thank you! 

    One guy I forgot was WR Skyy Moore Western Mich,  I actually like him better than a guy I listed (Christian Watson)

    @flugel said:

    Worthy of note - thank you! 

    One guy I forgot was WR Skyy Moore Western Mich,  I actually like him better than a guy I listed (Christian Watson)

    Can't see him getting past da Bearce.

  • Man! I finally started to compile a list..

    but note... nobody should know the Clowney deal more than A.Berry...David Ojabo's talent can't be questioned( best DE left on board).. when he can play is..(Bills FA Hughes/others is another play)

    As of what this fan knows? OJabo sits a top such list..  

    1) D. Ojobo EDGE  Ravens #45

    2) G.Pickens  WR  Steeler #52

    3) T. Jones DT

    4) D. Leal DT

    5) P. Winfrey DT

    6) Skyy Moore WR  KC# 54

    7) J. Paschal EDGE  Lions #46

    8.) D. Jackson EDGE

    9.) L. Hall DL TB #33

    10.) C.Watson WR GB #34

    Mafe & Mathis are to Berry old... hopes of S N.Cross & TE Greg Dulcich getting to us in the 3rd..( RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

    @gumby73 said:

    Man! I finally started to compile a list..

    but note... nobody should know the Clowney deal more than A.Berry...David Ojabo's talent can't be questioned( best DE left on board).. when he can play is..(Bills FA Hughes/others is another play)

    As of what this fan knows? OJabo sits a top such list..  

    1) D. Ojobo EDGE

    2) G.Pickens  WR

    3) T. Jones DT

    4) D. Leal DT

    5) P. Winfrey DT

    6) Skyy Moore WR

    7) J. Paschal EDGE

    8.) D. Jackson EDGE

    9.) L. Hall DL

    10.) C.Watson WR

    Mafe & Mathis are to Berry old... hopes of S N.Cross & TE Greg Dulcich getting to us in the 3rd..( RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

    Nuh uh, people said no Ojabo 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Man! I finally started to compile a list..

    but note... nobody should know the Clowney deal more than A.Berry...David Ojabo's talent can't be questioned( best DE left on board).. when he can play is..(Bills FA Hughes/others is another play)

    As of what this fan knows? OJabo sits a top such list..  

    1) D. Ojobo EDGE

    2) G.Pickens  WR

    3) T. Jones DT

    4) D. Leal DT

    5) P. Winfrey DT

    6) Skyy Moore WR

    7) J. Paschal EDGE

    8.) D. Jackson EDGE

    9.) L. Hall DL

    10.) C.Watson WR

    Mafe & Mathis are to Berry old... hopes of S N.Cross & TE Greg Dulcich getting to us in the 3rd..( RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

    Nuh uh, people said no Ojabo 

    @mld-woody said:

    Nuh uh, people said no Ojabo 

    not me..?

    flipped on a few games of Nakobe Dean.. really wish the dude was bigger than Anthony Walker..Dean plays much faster...

    https://www.dawgnation.com/football/nfl-dawgs/nakobe-dean-2022-nfl-draft-first-round-georgia-football/HEZACF633VFS7OUIBSM4QR3F5Q/

    I really want Ojabo just to get to us.. Berry said something about rookies missing a season of their rookie contract.. No better place to find out than at pick #44? I really think he wasn't showing his cards.. stay tuned BLue..    

  • From Friday's Yahoo Sports a lot of comments from a crazy day 1 in the NFL Draft and it looks like more to come......

    Screenshot_2022-04-29_175549.jpg

  • Zombo said:

    26 year old starter Is a 3-time Pro Bowler whose last season was 70% comp, 4800+ yards, and a passer rating of 112.

    We have one of the top backups in the league.

    He have a veteran 3rd stringer.

    Do you feel this is a draft need, Cal?

    Z

    Well, sir, I would have, but the Browns stepped in deep stuff, you know that is what I think. It may come back to bite them bigtime. I would never have given even one first round draft pick for seriously compromised sleazy? goods. That is just me.

    Sure, he can play. but... their record that year was 4-12. Sleazy? was sacked 49 times, Baker 43, many/most while trying to play with a broken shoulder. It's a disaster to me - I don't see where 3 first round valuable draft picks and all that guaranteed money was worth it. Should have let Baker start this year, improved the wr position in the first round? and signed Dobbs and the other guy. Yes, the texans oline was below par, but his receivers were not. At least he had someone open to throw to more of the time.

      Seriously, the next THREE YEARS, the Browns won't have a first round draft pick. and they traded it all for a qb who was 4-12 his last year starting. It just won't be worth my time to watch the Browns games this coming season, that's all. If I'm out on the tractor, in the garden, I might listen to a game if sleazy doesn't play. Just don't care that much anymore. It was a stupid, sleazy trade. It sleazy? gets the Browns into the playoffs etc, I will be happy for the Browns fans who this trade hasn't alienated. but that isn't me, that's all.

  • @syd said:

    doesnt watson have a fair amount of drops ?

    Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

    @flugel said:

    Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

    Understood....but can't we teach him how to concentrate on the ball or something?   I mean, ya can't teach tall, fast and jump high...

    I'd spend/waste (who really knows here and now?) my 2nd round pick on him.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Man! I finally started to compile a list..

    but note... nobody should know the Clowney deal more than A.Berry...David Ojabo's talent can't be questioned( best DE left on board).. when he can play is..(Bills FA Hughes/others is another play)

    As of what this fan knows? OJabo sits a top such list..  

    1) D. Ojobo EDGE

    2) G.Pickens  WR

    3) T. Jones DT

    4) D. Leal DT

    5) P. Winfrey DT

    6) Skyy Moore WR

    7) J. Paschal EDGE

    8.) D. Jackson EDGE

    9.) L. Hall DL

    10.) C.Watson WR

    Mafe & Mathis are to Berry old... hopes of S N.Cross & TE Greg Dulcich getting to us in the 3rd..( RD 2..this could be another trade festivus)

    Nuh uh, people said no Ojabo 

    @mld-woody said:

    Nuh uh, people said no Ojabo 

    Can you sell the pick?  He played opposite of Hutchinson…didn’t hear about that much until this year.

    I didn’t like the DPJ pick so I’m shutting my mouth when talking about skunk bears.  I’m in timeout. 

  • @flugel said:

    Yeah, it was at something like 11.2% or Tia saw it at 13% - and it's hard to believe that would improve against better competition.  That's why I brought up Skyy Moore as a guy I liked better than Watson.   

    Understood....but can't we teach him how to concentrate on the ball or something?   I mean, ya can't teach tall, fast and jump high...

    I'd spend/waste (who really knows here and now?) my 2nd round pick on him.

    @orion said:

    Understood....but can't we teach him how to concentrate on the ball or something?   I mean, ya can't teach tall, fast and jump high...

    Just like Corey Coleman and Greg Little (known issues) were teachable.   I want two of the three this early…blazer, hands and route running 

  • @orion said:

    Understood....but can't we teach him how to concentrate on the ball or something?   I mean, ya can't teach tall, fast and jump high...

    Just like Corey Coleman and Greg Little (known issues) were teachable.   I want two of the three this early…blazer, hands and route running 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I want two of the three this early…blazer, hands and route running 

    I really want a receiver.  And Skyy is a smurf to me.  The run on them in round 1 sucked big time.  I wish we knew for sure one way or the other on Landry.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I want two of the three this early…blazer, hands and route running 

    I really want a receiver.  And Skyy is a smurf to me.  The run on them in round 1 sucked big time.  I wish we knew for sure one way or the other on Landry.

    @orion said:

      I wish we knew for sure one way or the other on Landry.

    Saints took Olave with 1st pick... that helped 

  • I'm very intrigued by WR Alec Pierce of Cincinnati, and lo and behold, ESPN is talking about him now. 

  • I'm very intrigued by WR Alec Pierce of Cincinnati, and lo and behold, ESPN is talking about him now. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm very intrigued by WR Alec Pierce of Cincinnati, and lo and behold, ESPN is talking about him now. 

    Jurevicius Part 2.  He had a nice career.

    I don’t see jordy Nelson though he had a better top gear 

    Having said that Pierce ran a 4.41 honestly I’m shocked he doesn’t look like he plays that fast 

  • Coffee tonight boyz.. ☕.. I'm still in recovery ?..

    Let's Go Browns !

  • Here we go boys!

  • Coffee tonight boyz.. ☕.. I'm still in recovery ?..

    Let's Go Browns !

    @gumby73 said:

    Coffee tonight boyz.. ☕.. I'm still in recovery ?..

    Let's Go Browns !

    Another glass of that port wine for me around the start of the 3rd round.?