Skip to content

AFCN Draft Aftermath Assessments....

The Browns Board
66 18 3.3k 1
  • sydS syd

    @mld-woody said:

    Ravens won, easily

    who is lamar going to attempt to throw the ball 2

    @syd said:

    who is lamar going to attempt to throw the ball 2

    • Round 4: No. 131 – Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State 

    Serious upgrade over one-trick-pony Brown In opinion of most talking heads.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I'm draft full of concerning thoughts.. ? (still tape watching)

    1.) Draft 3 Sooners.... 2 of witch gave up a butt load of points playing college football.. they sure weren't Georgia or Alabama players winning with defense..

    www.soonerstats.com/football/recordbook/team/defense-points-season.cfm  (unsecure)

    68.  
    239 2020 21.73 11
         
             
    81. 335 2021 25.77 13

    Before the 2019 season, the 2018 Buckeyes were one of the worst defenses in school history. 

    That 2018 defense had Davon Hamilton, Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Jordan Fuller, Kendall Sheffield, Shaun Wade, Damon Arnette, Malik Harrison & Dre'Mont Jones.

    Point being, there's something to be said for coaching and design.  And Alex Grinch hasn't been the most popular coordinator at times. 

  • More grades:

    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/5/1/23050090/nfl-draft-grades-2022-winners-losers-final

    Grade: C-

    Cleveland Browns

    Best pick: Perrion Winfrey, DT (108)
    Worst pick: Martin Emerson, CB (68)

    The Browns did a lot of good with the mid-late round picks they had. The pickup of Perrion Winfrey in the fourth round was inspired, and he could easily become a starter for the Browns within a couple of years. This was a very unsexy draft, that really comes down to Deshaun Watson and how that decision will play out.

    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/news/nfl-draft-grades-2022-best-worst-classes/ksxemy5srefixxchzvdkp0a1

    #21. Cleveland Browns

    • Grade: B

    Draft picks: CB Martin Emerson, EDGE Alex Wright, WR David Bell, DT Perrion Winfrey, K Cade York, RB Jerome Ford, WR Mike Woods, EDGE Isiah Thomas, C Dawson Deaton

    The Browns used their early draft capital to get Deshaun Watson and didn't get more by choosing not to deal Baker Mayfield during. Emerson and Wright were shaky initial depth picks, but Bell and Winfrey were incredible need values for Andrew Berry. They also copycatted the Bengals and solved their big kicker issue with York. It's a true middle-class haul.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I'm draft full of concerning thoughts.. ? (still tape watching)

    1.) Draft 3 Sooners.... 2 of witch gave up a butt load of points playing college football.. they sure weren't Georgia or Alabama players winning with defense..

    www.soonerstats.com/football/recordbook/team/defense-points-season.cfm  (unsecure)

    68.  
    239 2020 21.73 11
         
             
    81. 335 2021 25.77 13

    Before the 2019 season, the 2018 Buckeyes were one of the worst defenses in school history. 

    That 2018 defense had Davon Hamilton, Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Jordan Fuller, Kendall Sheffield, Shaun Wade, Damon Arnette, Malik Harrison & Dre'Mont Jones.

    Point being, there's something to be said for coaching and design.  And Alex Grinch hasn't been the most popular coordinator at times. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Before the 2019 season, the 2018 Buckeyes were one of the worst defenses in school history. 

    That 2018 defense had Davon Hamilton, Chase Young, Jeff Okudah, Jordan Fuller, Kendall Sheffield, Shaun Wade, Damon Arnette, Malik Harrison & Dre'Mont Jones.

    Point being, there's something to be said for coaching and design.  And Alex Grinch hasn't been the most popular coordinator at times. 

    Thanks.. true this^^

    What the heck happened to my post? I replied to Orions RB  visit post & it disappeared too..I logged off for a while because the Board seemed to lose about 3 hours of post.. @westside-steve I'm still getting a bunch of 500 & 504 codes..

    check in later..

  • I read that Winfrey played about 20 pounds lighter for Grinch’s scheme.  He looked different at the Senior Bowl

  • I read that Winfrey played about 20 pounds lighter for Grinch’s scheme.  He looked different at the Senior Bowl

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I read that Winfrey played about 20 pounds lighter for Grinch’s scheme.  He looked different at the Senior Bowl

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/college/oklahoma/.amp/football/why-perrion-winfrey-other-oklahoma-players-were-frustrated-and-mad-as-hell-about-2021

    Both our newly added Sooners were pretty critical of Grinch.  And it was pretty insane how much 0 tech they had Winfrey playing.  The amount of slants and stunts were eye opening.  Because they either produce TFL or were exploited to great effect. 

  • draft grades are stupid

  • sydS syd

    draft grades are stupid

    @syd said:

    draft grades are stupid

    Definitely are immediately after the fact.

    Need to wait at least three years, preferably longer to really see how it plays out. 

  • @syd said:

    draft grades are stupid

    Definitely are immediately after the fact.

    Need to wait at least three years, preferably longer to really see how it plays out. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Definitely are immediately after the fact.

    Need to wait at least three years, preferably longer to really see how it plays out. 

    Pink Floyd were laughed about then ummm o.k

  • @syd said:

    draft grades are stupid

    Definitely are immediately after the fact.

    Need to wait at least three years, preferably longer to really see how it plays out. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Definitely are immediately after the fact.

    Need to wait at least three years, preferably longer to really see how it plays out. 

    You don't have an opinion on the Browns draft?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Definitely are immediately after the fact.

    Need to wait at least three years, preferably longer to really see how it plays out. 

    You don't have an opinion on the Browns draft?

    @gorka said:

    You don't have an opinion on the Browns draft?

    i dont have a problem with it Just with any draft you have to take a wait and see approach  whats your opinion ?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Definitely are immediately after the fact.

    Need to wait at least three years, preferably longer to really see how it plays out. 

    You don't have an opinion on the Browns draft?

    @gorka said:

    You don't have an opinion on the Browns draft?

    I sure do. 

  • @gorka said:

    You don't have an opinion on the Browns draft?

    I sure do. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I sure do. 

    Good.

    Attach a grade to it. 

  • sydS syd

    @gorka said:

    You don't have an opinion on the Browns draft?

    i dont have a problem with it Just with any draft you have to take a wait and see approach  whats your opinion ?

    @syd said:

    i dont have a problem with it Just with any draft you have to take a wait and see approach  whats your opinion ?

    Thats fine. A draft grade given to a team is basically an opinion of how you think your team fared on draft day. 

    The Browns did OK in my opinion. They get a C. 

    If a team managed to both fill it's needs and with quality players they probably get an A+

    How the player turns out in a few years is irrelevant to this little exercise.

  • @gorka said:

     Offended by my words again are we?

    He's Woodypecker Jr.

  • @syd said:

    i dont have a problem with it Just with any draft you have to take a wait and see approach  whats your opinion ?

    Thats fine. A draft grade given to a team is basically an opinion of how you think your team fared on draft day. 

    The Browns did OK in my opinion. They get a C. 

    If a team managed to both fill it's needs and with quality players they probably get an A+

    How the player turns out in a few years is irrelevant to this little exercise.

    @gorka said:

    Thats fine. A draft grade given to a team is basically an opinion of how you think your team fared on draft day. 

    The Browns did OK in my opinion. They get a C. 

    If a team managed to both fill it's needs and with quality players they probably get an A+

    How the player turns out in a few years is irrelevant to this little exercise.

    I give them a C-.... Emerson and Wright could've been had in lower rounds... Once again... The Browns panicked and over reached...

  • @gorka said:

    Thats fine. A draft grade given to a team is basically an opinion of how you think your team fared on draft day. 

    The Browns did OK in my opinion. They get a C. 

    If a team managed to both fill it's needs and with quality players they probably get an A+

    How the player turns out in a few years is irrelevant to this little exercise.

    I give them a C-.... Emerson and Wright could've been had in lower rounds... Once again... The Browns panicked and over reached...

    @nickers said:

    I give them a C-.... Emerson and Wright could've been had in lower rounds... Once again... The Browns panicked and over reached...

    You need to get in on that one beer bet I have with tia on Emerson. Makes the team in STs, but no real starting time at CB.

  • @nickers said:

    I give them a C-.... Emerson and Wright could've been had in lower rounds... Once again... The Browns panicked and over reached...

    You need to get in on that one beer bet I have with tia on Emerson. Makes the team in STs, but no real starting time at CB.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You need to get in on that one beer bet I have with tia on Emerson. Makes the team in STs, but no real starting time at CB.

    Shot AND a beer, at the bare minimum. I figured it was an unspoken understanding, but I'm beginning to worry you boys need to learn how to properly drink.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You need to get in on that one beer bet I have with tia on Emerson. Makes the team in STs, but no real starting time at CB.

    Shot AND a beer, at the bare minimum. I figured it was an unspoken understanding, but I'm beginning to worry you boys need to learn how to properly drink.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Shot AND a beer, at the bare minimum. I figured it was an unspoken understanding, but I'm beginning to worry you boys need to learn how to properly drink.

    I grew up in the Bar and Restaurant business... I definitely know how to drink.. However... Due to dehydration and other things... I keep drinking at a bare minimum... Weed is my poison of choice!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You need to get in on that one beer bet I have with tia on Emerson. Makes the team in STs, but no real starting time at CB.

    Shot AND a beer, at the bare minimum. I figured it was an unspoken understanding, but I'm beginning to worry you boys need to learn how to properly drink.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Shot AND a beer, at the bare minimum. I figured it was an unspoken understanding, but I'm beginning to worry you boys need to learn how to properly drink.

    I don't drink shots. Glass of wine or beer. BTW cal says you're now an alcoholic.?