Skip to content

AFCN Draft Aftermath Assessments....

The Browns Board
66 18 3.3k 1
  • OK back to football. Here's our top draft pick at work against Auburn's Seth Williams. He told him what he was going to do!! ?? 

    MSU's O bailed them out that day 43-34, but could not do so against Bama, Memphis or LSU. They really did not have a very good defense in 2021. 

    We can only hope this turns out to be a good pickup.

    @texasag1969 said:

    OK back to football. Here's our top draft pick at work against Auburn's Seth Williams. He told him what he was going to do!! ?? 

    MSU's O bailed them out that day 43-34, but could not do so against Bama, Memphis or LSU. They really did not have a very good defense in 2021. 

    We can only hope this turns out to be a good pickup.

    I highly doubt Miss. St. ever has a good defense under Mike Leech.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    OK back to football. Here's our top draft pick at work against Auburn's Seth Williams. He told him what he was going to do!! ?? 

    MSU's O bailed them out that day 43-34, but could not do so against Bama, Memphis or LSU. They really did not have a very good defense in 2021. 

    We can only hope this turns out to be a good pickup.

    I highly doubt Miss. St. ever has a good defense under Mike Leech.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I highly doubt Miss. St. ever has a good defense under Mike Leech.

    Pretty good overall assessment on Emerson. I'm just not sold that we should have taken him in the 3rd. Quality WRs will eat him up.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I highly doubt Miss. St. ever has a good defense under Mike Leech.

    Pretty good overall assessment on Emerson. I'm just not sold that we should have taken him in the 3rd. Quality WRs will eat him up.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Pretty good overall assessment on Emerson. I'm just not sold that we should have taken him in the 3rd. Quality WRs will eat him up.

    I'll give that a watch after I'm done with my film on him.  I almost never watch someone else's work until I'm done with my own - removes outside influence, walking into a prospect with a blank canvas. 

  • Brad Stainbrook@StainbrookNFL
    Footage of #Browns QB Deshaun Watson.

    (Video via Browns)
  • This is the guy I was and still am most excited about getting for the Browns, an inside presence next to Myles in the DL. This interview impressed me even more so, especially how he talks about a shared approach to the game just like Myles who he plans to learn everything he can from given Myles' level of play in the NFL. Also he had to play NG in the 3-4 and feels he will be best in 3 Tech for the Browns. I like what he says about having teammate Thomas along as well. Hopefully they both make the 53.

  • 64CM2QSA7BE2HJKT2MPEKT4SRY.jpg.b4f431bf4703e6ea50eca56c99c1347a.jpg  Winfrey looks to be in good football shape ? along side Alex Wright here

  • Looks like we won't be seeing Earl Thomas in the secondary any time soon

  • Defensive Position Analysis - Long article, today's recommended read.  Good nuggets at every level.

    Posted before the Clowney signing.

  • For all of you Jimi fans.. Hoorta,Mij, etc...

    @nickers said:

    For all of you Jimi fans.. Hoorta,Mij, etc...

    Hell ya Nickers, nice work. ?

  • Defensive Position Analysis - Long article, today's recommended read.  Good nuggets at every level.

    Posted before the Clowney signing.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Defensive Position Analysis - Long article, today's recommended read.  Good nuggets at every level.

    Posted before the Clowney signing.

    After the signing you can put that position back in the "A" territory somewhere and I think Winfrey is going to be a major upgrade on the IDL playing next to either one of those premier edge guys. I can see a major improvement in turnover ratio with extreme pressure on opposing QBs and a far better QB not likely to be so prone to it as was Baker in 2021.