Skip to content

OT: Derby

Barber Shop Talk
8 5 984
  • Anybody betting the Derby today?  What do you have?

  • The winning horse was a 80-1 longshot? 

    I wish I would have bet that horse. 

  • The winning horse was a 80-1 longshot? 

    I wish I would have bet that horse. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The winning horse was a 80-1 longshot? 

    I wish I would have bet that horse. 

    And The Jock is a regular at Mahoning Valley 

  • The winning horse was a 80-1 longshot? 

    I wish I would have bet that horse. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The winning horse was a 80-1 longshot? 

    I wish I would have bet that horse. 

    Many wish they would have. BTW, If my math is correct... $10 bucks on the trifecta could have won you $140,000.   🙂  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The winning horse was a 80-1 longshot? 

    I wish I would have bet that horse. 

    Many wish they would have. BTW, If my math is correct... $10 bucks on the trifecta could have won you $140,000.   🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    Many wish they would have. BTW, If my math is correct... $10 bucks on the trifecta could have won you $140,000.   🙂  

    takei oh my.jpeg

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The winning horse was a 80-1 longshot? 

    I wish I would have bet that horse. 

    Many wish they would have. BTW, If my math is correct... $10 bucks on the trifecta could have won you $140,000.   🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    Many wish they would have. BTW, If my math is correct... $10 bucks on the trifecta could have won you $140,000.   🙂  

    My standard Kentucky Derby bet is $10 across, that's $10 W,P,S each horse.    Plus 10 each on the DD and TRI. Equals $ 110.

    I bet 3, 2, 17.     My 3 horse just got nudged out by the winner, 21, 3, 10.  

    So, how much did he win his bettors? The short answer – a lot.  NOTE: * edited items

    A $2 * exacta with second-place finisher Epicenter paid $4,101.20. A $1 trifecta paid $14,870.70, and the $1 superfecta paid a cool $321,500.10. (NOTE: The superfecta takes winners from other races, didn't hear if anyone won it. * NOTE,  the KD superfecta pays on the first four places on this race, 21 3 10 13. Some tracks have like the winners of the races on 2, 3 or 4 consecutive races for one example.   * NOTE to the exacta here is sometimes  called the  "Daily Double"

    Here's a full listing of payouts:

    #20 Rich Strike 

    Based on a $2 bet,  I bet $10 each way W,P,S, DD, TRI .  * Cost me $110   -hit $53  lost $57,  eh. 😕

    Win: $163.60 x 5 = dream about it. * Ok i got curious it would have paid $ 818.

    Place: $74.20 x 5 * and $ 371

    Show: $29.40 x 5  * and  $ 147 so the  W P S = $1,336 plus the $ 4,101 + $ 14,871 =  $ 20,308 !  W P S  EX TRI.  

    #3 Epicenter <--- My #3 horse. Generally you need a win or place to break even ÷/-.

    (Based on a $2 bet)

    Win: N/A

    Place: $7.40 x 5 = $37.00. <--- HIT ! *

    Show: $5.20 x 5 = $16.00  <--- HIT ! *

    #10 Zandon

    Win: N/A

    Place: N/A

    Show: $5.60

  • 5/9 - I didn't see that anyone hit the superfecta. 

    I had to * edit  redo my KD losses lost $57 not $6.40  as I thought earlier.  Oh well, you need the exacta or trifecta t9 win big bucks.