Myles Garrett is a D & D Nerd
-
I'm more a chess guy have been my whole life -but- i like some card games for relaxation or play for cash. 500 bid, hearts, poker among others. Occasionally backgammon if you can find any other players.
I'm more a chess guy have been my whole life -but- i like some card games for relaxation or play for cash. 500 bid, hearts, poker among others. Occasionally backgammon if you can find any other players.
I grew up on chess along with a best friend who loved it as well. Later in life after I returned from Vietnam I got to learn bridge from a Life Master player who was infinitely patient in teaching me how to play it correctly over a one year period. But then most people don't have a Life Master bridge player as a grandmother either.?
-
Just a few weeks ago my wife’s friend had a D&D birthday party for her husband. She didn’t even ask me. We didn’t go. I guess It is common. I am sure I would have had too much bourbon and embarrassed her.
Our family is into jenga and they like to conspire against me when we play monopoly
-
-
Nothing wrong with card night, game night or anything like that with friends, family, co-workers whatever. I think it kind of picked up steam when COVID-19 hit.
Probably a good thing too to get off of the freakin computer once in awhile.

Nothing wrong with card night, game night or anything like that with friends, family, co-workers whatever. I think it kind of picked up steam when COVID-19 hit.
Probably a good thing too to get off of the freakin computer once in awhile.

During COVID I put a lot of stuff on my Kindle Fire like Audible for books, Spades, Hearts, Sudoku, Wordscapes, Gin Rummy. Mahjong,, Spider Solitaire, Video Poker and a couple of different Vegas Slots game. Been quite entertaining. Also learned to text with all my kids and grandkids back and forth as well as more talks with them on the phones. Helped out with a lot of homework too in our COVID clear pod, though when they went back to school I did that more by phone until they got their shots. Had to give up our 30 year plus monthly Bridge group since one jackass refused to get vaxed. And of course he was the only one of the 8 of us that came down with it. Got pretty sick but survived, but still too stupid to now get vaxed, so we have not restarted that.
-
Nothing wrong with card night, game night or anything like that with friends, family, co-workers whatever. I think it kind of picked up steam when COVID-19 hit.
Probably a good thing too to get off of the freakin computer once in awhile.

During COVID I put a lot of stuff on my Kindle Fire like Audible for books, Spades, Hearts, Sudoku, Wordscapes, Gin Rummy. Mahjong,, Spider Solitaire, Video Poker and a couple of different Vegas Slots game. Been quite entertaining. Also learned to text with all my kids and grandkids back and forth as well as more talks with them on the phones. Helped out with a lot of homework too in our COVID clear pod, though when they went back to school I did that more by phone until they got their shots. Had to give up our 30 year plus monthly Bridge group since one jackass refused to get vaxed. And of course he was the only one of the 8 of us that came down with it. Got pretty sick but survived, but still too stupid to now get vaxed, so we have not restarted that.
During COVID I put a lot of stuff on my Kindle Fire like Audible for books, Spades, Hearts, Sudoku, Wordscapes, Gin Rummy. Mahjong,, Spider Solitaire, Video Poker and a couple of different Vegas Slots game. Been quite entertaining. Also learned to text with all my kids and grandkids back and forth as well as more talks with them on the phones. Helped out with a lot of homework too in our COVID clear pod, though when they went back to school I did that more by phone until they got their shots. Had to give up our 30 year plus monthly Bridge group since one jackass refused to get vaxed. And of course he was the only one of the 8 of us that came down with it. Got pretty sick but survived, but still too stupid to now get vaxed, so we have not restarted that.
Yeah there's always ONE idiot in every group.......hopefully he'll see the light.....eventually. I don't know him/her but " those people " just make me £¥¤₩|★ mad. Let me guess a DJT hard head ? Oh well....
But I'm glad everything else was good.

-
During COVID I put a lot of stuff on my Kindle Fire like Audible for books, Spades, Hearts, Sudoku, Wordscapes, Gin Rummy. Mahjong,, Spider Solitaire, Video Poker and a couple of different Vegas Slots game. Been quite entertaining. Also learned to text with all my kids and grandkids back and forth as well as more talks with them on the phones. Helped out with a lot of homework too in our COVID clear pod, though when they went back to school I did that more by phone until they got their shots. Had to give up our 30 year plus monthly Bridge group since one jackass refused to get vaxed. And of course he was the only one of the 8 of us that came down with it. Got pretty sick but survived, but still too stupid to now get vaxed, so we have not restarted that.
Yeah there's always ONE idiot in every group.......hopefully he'll see the light.....eventually. I don't know him/her but " those people " just make me £¥¤₩|★ mad. Let me guess a DJT hard head ? Oh well....
But I'm glad everything else was good.

Yeah there's always ONE idiot in every group.......hopefully he'll see the light.....eventually. I don't know him/her but " those people " just make me £¥¤₩|★ mad. Let me guess a DJT hard head ? Oh well....
But I'm glad everything else was good.

How'd you guess? Although most of those on the other board got vaxxed I think.
-
I'm more a chess guy have been my whole life -but- i like some card games for relaxation or play for cash. 500 bid, hearts, poker among others. Occasionally backgammon if you can find any other players.
I grew up on chess along with a best friend who loved it as well. Later in life after I returned from Vietnam I got to learn bridge from a Life Master player who was infinitely patient in teaching me how to play it correctly over a one year period. But then most people don't have a Life Master bridge player as a grandmother either.?
I grew up on chess along with a best friend who loved it as well. Later in life after I returned from Vietnam I got to learn bridge from a Life Master player who was infinitely patient in teaching me how to play it correctly over a one year period. But then most people don't have a Life Master bridge player as a grandmother either.?
We played a lot of pinochle in my earlier years. Played some chess too... (wife plays backgammon when her brothers are in town) Always wished I had the opportunity to play bridge- the way more sophisticated elder brother of pinochle. Never had anyone to play the game with though... I do enjoy reading "Daily Bridge Club" that's back in the paper with the comics and Dear Abby. I don't know how to count your hand points, or how the game is scored... But 1\2 the time I can take a wild guess (correctly) how to bid my cards. Yeah, it's only moderately difficult to play out a deal... when you can see all four hands.
I know there's online bridge apps you can play, maybe I should investigate them instead of wasting my time playing Microsoft Solitaire. LOL, I'm a Level 275 Bronze Grandmaster there. Have to wonder when I get the jump to Silver status... couldn't find it. I did see one guy who has no life- is a "Gold" Grandmaster at Level 767. To show you how much time is involved to get to there... If you play Solitaire at the "Expert" level like I do- 60% win rate... you need to play five games at around 4 minutes each to jump a level. I'll let you do the math at how much time it would take to jump 100 levels.
-
Yeah there's always ONE idiot in every group.......hopefully he'll see the light.....eventually. I don't know him/her but " those people " just make me £¥¤₩|★ mad. Let me guess a DJT hard head ? Oh well....
But I'm glad everything else was good.

How'd you guess? Although most of those on the other board got vaxxed I think.
How'd you guess? Although most of those on the other board got vaxxed I think.
On my wife's nursing friends on Facebook a lot of people are now in two camps the educated, easy to get along with group and the very small group of bitter hard heads you'd never believe that they were nurses or other medical people.
Needless to say once they friends now divided by that big liar. Or well....... EOM.
I do not want this to become a political thing and will end it there. Sad times.
-
Yeah there's always ONE idiot in every group.......hopefully he'll see the light.....eventually. I don't know him/her but " those people " just make me £¥¤₩|★ mad. Let me guess a DJT hard head ? Oh well....
But I'm glad everything else was good.

How'd you guess? Although most of those on the other board got vaxxed I think.
How'd you guess? Although most of those on the other board got vaxxed I think.
I got vaxxed because I'm going out of the country a couple of times this year...
-
How'd you guess? Although most of those on the other board got vaxxed I think.
I got vaxxed because I'm going out of the country a couple of times this year...
I got vaxxed because I'm going out of the country a couple of times this year...
Make sure you have all documentation of that fact with you and also check to see if any country you visit requires a booster if it's been 6 months or more since you last got vaxxed. Some countries are stricter than others when it comes to that. And England required we be tested negative within 48 hours of landing and within 24 hours of leaving when we were there last fall. My wife and I plan to get a 3rd booster about a month before we go to Italy next November. We have official shot cards that get date stamped by the provider.
-
I got vaxxed because I'm going out of the country a couple of times this year...
Make sure you have all documentation of that fact with you and also check to see if any country you visit requires a booster if it's been 6 months or more since you last got vaxxed. Some countries are stricter than others when it comes to that. And England required we be tested negative within 48 hours of landing and within 24 hours of leaving when we were there last fall. My wife and I plan to get a 3rd booster about a month before we go to Italy next November. We have official shot cards that get date stamped by the provider.
Make sure you have all documentation of that fact with you and also check to see if any country you visit requires a booster if it's been 6 months or more since you last got vaxxed. Some countries are stricter than others when it comes to that. And England required we be tested negative within 48 hours of landing and within 24 hours of leaving when we were there last fall. My wife and I plan to get a 3rd booster about a month before we go to Italy next November. We have official shot cards that get date stamped by the provider.
I have all the proper documentation along with my Passport.. Ive had the booster , too
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login