WR
-
My late May 2022 guessing.
Donovan Peoples-Jones............Anthony Schwartz..............x.....x.....x......x.....x................David Bell..............Amari Cooper
........Isaiah Weston.............................................................................................................Michael Woods II...............................
......................................and the Cheerio floating in the milk....Demetric Felton Jr....................................................................
My late May 2022 guessing.
Donovan Peoples-Jones............Anthony Schwartz..............x.....x.....x......x.....x................David Bell..............Amari Cooper
........Isaiah Weston.............................................................................................................Michael Woods II...............................
......................................and the Cheerio floating in the milk....Demetric Felton Jr....................................................................
Don't forget Jakeem Grant...
-
Might be an unpopular opinion but Schwartz could be a PS guy if he doesn’t step it up in Year 2 during camp. Maybe the first off the PS should the obvious happen hammy or COVID with a starter.
I think Will Fuller is in a play too and he’s good for 8 games
-
Probably gonna need somebody from the WR group to be returning the kicks and/or punts.
Yeah someone good but not too good to join " the kamikaze squad " that can give you good field positions -but- risk the hits you can take on kickoffs and punts.
Part of the reason they have changed the rules to try to prevent some nasty collisions. Concussions and CTE are very real.
Candidates ? Quite often a rookie or lower draft pick trying to make the 53 or taxi squad. Put it this way guys will do it if it means making the team.
-
Really, really need Donovan Peoples-Jones to step up this season, because that is still a pretty uninspiring depth chart beyond Cooper.
-
Probably gonna need somebody from the WR group to be returning the kicks and/or punts.
Yeah someone good but not too good to join " the kamikaze squad " that can give you good field positions -but- risk the hits you can take on kickoffs and punts.
Part of the reason they have changed the rules to try to prevent some nasty collisions. Concussions and CTE are very real.
Candidates ? Quite often a rookie or lower draft pick trying to make the 53 or taxi squad. Put it this way guys will do it if it means making the team.
-
For me, on kickoffs, whenever you can take a knee in the end zone, just do that and we'll go to the 25. Too many penalties happen on returns.
Agree with you on that.
It is the punt returns where he can flip the field. He secures the ball well and has had a great punt return average as well.
He has the best short area quickness and wiggle of any of the WRs on the roster…by far actually. So I fully expect him to get touches there- short passing game.
-
For me, on kickoffs, whenever you can take a knee in the end zone, just do that and we'll go to the 25. Too many penalties happen on returns.
Agree with you on that.
It is the punt returns where he can flip the field. He secures the ball well and has had a great punt return average as well.
He has the best short area quickness and wiggle of any of the WRs on the roster…by far actually. So I fully expect him to get touches there- short passing game.
It is the punt returns where he can flip the field.
That would be gravy. For me, I just want a guy that can catch punts really well and is smart. Someone who knows when he should and should not field the ball. JoJo Natson was that type of guy. He knew the rules that pertained to that part of the game, and when to apply them. He was always hurt for us, but when he played I thought of him as a professional at his position of return specialist.
-
Grant is the punt returner. Who cares about kickoffs? Anybody can stand back there and watch it go out of the endzone. D'Ernest would be fine as a kick returner. Hunt or Chubb would do well.
Why teams have gone to just playing scrubs on ST I don't know. You want them to be special, mix in some starters. I remember guys like Matthews and Turner on ST all the time.
-
Coop
DPJ
Bell
Schwartz
Grant (pro bowl return specialist)
Camp battle of who beats out Ja'Marcus Bradley...(to become inactive ?) Weston, Wims, Woods II or Harley
Stay away from the hammy wraps ? & were good
Coop.....NO unless the game is on the line then a HC decision
DPJ......probably NO same as above.
Bell.....maybe.
Schwartz.....could be a choice.
Grant (pro bowl return specialist).....also a candidate.
Camp battle of who beats out Ja'Marcus Bradley...(to become inactive ?) Weston, Wims, Woods II or Harley......a plan ?!
Stay away from the hammy wraps ? & were good
It will be interesting to see who gets the touches in camp, preseason and the regular season games. Somebody has to field punts and be back there on kickoffs.
It brings some more interest in the kicking game besides who is doing the kicking. The hidden yardage part of the game.
GO BROWNS !
-
Grant is the punt returner. Who cares about kickoffs? Anybody can stand back there and watch it go out of the endzone. D'Ernest would be fine as a kick returner. Hunt or Chubb would do well.
Why teams have gone to just playing scrubs on ST I don't know. You want them to be special, mix in some starters. I remember guys like Matthews and Turner on ST all the time.
Grant is the punt returner. Who cares about kickoffs? Anybody can stand back there and watch it go out of the endzone. D'Ernest would be fine as a kick returner. Hunt or Chubb would do well.
Why teams have gone to just playing scrubs on ST I don't know. You want them to be special, mix in some starters. I remember guys like Matthews and Turner on ST all the time.
I remember when Lou Holtz at Notre Dame (way back when) often used starters to do punts and kickoff returns. I guess it depends on how much you rate the kicking game. Nice if they could do a TD out of it like Eric Metcalf versus the steelrz.

-
Grant is the punt returner. Who cares about kickoffs? Anybody can stand back there and watch it go out of the endzone. D'Ernest would be fine as a kick returner. Hunt or Chubb would do well.
Why teams have gone to just playing scrubs on ST I don't know. You want them to be special, mix in some starters. I remember guys like Matthews and Turner on ST all the time.
I remember when Lou Holtz at Notre Dame (way back when) often used starters to do punts and kickoff returns. I guess it depends on how much you rate the kicking game. Nice if they could do a TD out of it like Eric Metcalf versus the steelrz.

I remember when Lou Holtz at Notre Dame (way back when) often used starters to do punts and kickoff returns. I guess it depends on how much you rate the kicking game. Nice if they could do a TD out of it like Eric Metcalf versus the steelrz.

It would be nice. I'd take a average of 10-15 yards on punt returns.
-
Coop
DPJ
Bell
Schwartz
Grant (pro bowl return specialist)
Camp battle of who beats out Ja'Marcus Bradley...(to become inactive ?) Weston, Wims, Woods II or Harley
Stay away from the hammy wraps ? & were good
Grant (pro bowl return specialist)
Don't forget Jakeem Grant...
He's on our roster. But who does he unseat? Woods? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 this year. Or Felton? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 last year. Please not Weston who is 9 inches taller than Grant.
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player. I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
-
Grant (pro bowl return specialist)
Don't forget Jakeem Grant...
He's on our roster. But who does he unseat? Woods? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 this year. Or Felton? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 last year. Please not Weston who is 9 inches taller than Grant.
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player. I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player.(he was found to slow, getting up to his top speed) I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
.Felton may only see his next seat on this teams PS...?
please use youtube to watch this..
Grant it..
he don't like making fair catches (caused a bench clearing at Bengals, getting popped to early to catch a punt)
he will drive fans nutz bringing the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs
he is scared of no one, running crossing routes/slants over the middle
he's a pesky little speed gnat, that's going to make this team
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GranJa00.htm
-
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player.(he was found to slow, getting up to his top speed) I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
.Felton may only see his next seat on this teams PS...?
please use youtube to watch this..
Grant it..
he don't like making fair catches (caused a bench clearing at Bengals, getting popped to early to catch a punt)
he will drive fans nutz bringing the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs
he is scared of no one, running crossing routes/slants over the middle
he's a pesky little speed gnat, that's going to make this team
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GranJa00.htm
.Felton may only see his next seat on this teams PS...?
please use youtube to watch this..
Grant it..
he don't like making fair catches (caused a bench clearing at Bengals, getting popped to early to catch a punt)
he will drive fans nutz bringing the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs
he is scared of no one, running crossing routes/slants over the middle
he's a pesky little speed gnat, that's going to make this team
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GranJa00.htm
first good hands.
Great vision…makes a cut…doesn’t dance…and then uses his elite speed. I don’t see a negative yardage guy in the return game, certainly confirmed by his punt return avg. too
He’s a great tool in the tool box. We got vertical threats and route runners I don’t think he’s that, but we need wiggle and a special teams guy. Check and check.
-
Grant (pro bowl return specialist)
Don't forget Jakeem Grant...
He's on our roster. But who does he unseat? Woods? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 this year. Or Felton? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 last year. Please not Weston who is 9 inches taller than Grant.
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player. I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
He's on our roster. But who does he unseat? Woods? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 this year. Or Felton? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 last year. Please not Weston who is 9 inches taller than Grant.
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player. I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
Woods maybe winds up on the taxi squad..
-
Zombo said:
Is this 1973?
Z
Taxi squad=practice squad... Tell me the difference... Yeah.... That's what I thought! ?
Taxi squad=practice squad... Tell me the difference...
It's the Uber Squad now.
The last 2 drafts have produced 4 wr's. (and Felton) And undrafted Weston looks good getting off the bus. That's a lotta utes. The non utes would be Cooper 8yrs and Grant 7 yrs. So, if we don't keep Grant we'd have 1 seasoned vet.
-
Grant (pro bowl return specialist)
Don't forget Jakeem Grant...
He's on our roster. But who does he unseat? Woods? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 this year. Or Felton? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 last year. Please not Weston who is 9 inches taller than Grant.
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player. I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
He's on our roster. But who does he unseat? Woods? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 this year. Or Felton? The guy they drafted in Rd 6 last year. Please not Weston who is 9 inches taller than Grant.
I always thought that the Felton pick was to be our returner, pass catching back, slot receiver type player. I mean, he's the reason JoJo Natson was let go. Felton though, did not appear to exude confidence while tracking a punt.
I think Felton might have a hard time making the team.
He largely failed as a returner. As a back he won't make the team unless we move somebody. I did read he was working exclusively at receiver yesterday...but some guys were out ...The days of lower round draft picks being pretty much a lock to make the roster for a few years are over. I am sure that if he doesn't make the final cuts we would put him on the practice squad if we can. But, this is early. Things can change once we start hitting real camp and start to play the exhibitions.
To expand on running back, i just don't see any way he makes it in that room with Chubb, Hunt, Johnson, and Ford in there. None of those guys are going to get cut, so unless we trade one, Felton is in for a tough go.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login